The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

But Charles and Camilla went to Pakistan last month. Is it possible that are being bugged by intelligent services now?

Old 12-11-2006, 06:46 PM

Thats different. They were official representatives of Britain. Diana wasn't but she may have been believed to be representing Britain by the authorities in Pakistan which could have led to serious difficulties.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
But the thing is that (if this is the case) they bugged the telephone line of Diana - Princess of Wales. I mean, we are talking of a member of the British royal family who hardly posed a security threat to the USA or her interests.

I'm sure M16 bugging the White House wouldn't go down too well, would it
Well, actually, that wouldn't surprise me-MI6 bugging the White House. Bugging phone lines is routine for any security agency.

No, of course, Diana didn't pose a threat. But, it's possible that the the CIA wasn't the only ones bugging her phones, either. Fact is, as a member of the Royal Family, they and other agencies may have been doing it just as a routine matter of keeping track of her movements and future plans.

Security agencies have to get their information from somewhere. Informants, tapped phones lines, spies-isn't that all part of the security game?
Old 12-11-2006, 07:13 PM

And lets not forget that Diana did release stories to attract press packs (as do most people in the public eye).
Old 12-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Well, actually, that wouldn't surprise me-MI6 bugging the White House. Bugging phone lines is routine for any security agency.
17 security agencies according to an episode of West Wing. (Bartlet For America)

Wouldn't surprise me if Charles and Camilla phones were bugged too whenever they were out of the UK. Any hotel phone would be bugged especially if you were staying at a well known hotel. Even I have had my phone bugged (not in Canada) and I am nobody special.

Map for the British Royals
Old 12-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
But the question is why ? Diana was a member of royal family and the mother of the future king of England. What would be the purpose to bug Diana's telephone. She was just very high profile Princess.
she not part of HRH because of her divorces from Prince Charles in 1996 almost 10 years ago but HM Queen Elizabeth II strip her titles dues her divorces to Prince Charles but Diana and Charles been split since 1992 for 4 years but HM Queen Elizabeth ahead to processing divorces of Waleses but Diana dont like get divorces like her parents had it.

but Diana still known as Diana,Princess of Wales after her divorces or Princess Diana whatevers but no HRH dues Queen says but Diana can going in public called as whatevers names.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks, Sara1981 but I already know all about that HRH business. I was confused that the CIA would bug Princess Diana's phone.

But how did the CIA get access to Diana's phone in order to bug it.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Commoner

princess diana news addresses

Met protection 'would have prevented Diana's death'

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23377730-details/Diana%20wouldn't%20have%20died%20if%20Scotland%20Yard%20had%20been%20protecting%20her/article.do

Diana coroner stood down because he is key witness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...=1766&ito=1490

Diana verdict: An accident. But did US bug her calls?

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/leg...cle2062482.ece
Old 12-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Commoner

cover up

i dont believe the verdict. i think they proved she was murdered. why else were all the security cameras in the tunnel suddenly shut off in the tunnel just before the accident and why else was there a 2 hour ambulance drive to go 4 miles? these people are crazy. what about the video of henry paul not drinking for 3 hours before he got into the car? with that amount of alcohol and said drugs he used in his system, he wouldn't have been able to walk to the car let alone drive it. they are lieing.

of course everything the royal family does is spyed on by agents, but the sad part is they do it for tabloid money not for their protection. they are a bunch of dirtbags. i really don't see how they can lie in public and create such an unreality. it's not possible for any of the findings they say they have abling them to declare this an accident. i'm really dissappointed and i think tony blair is behind some of it. he's also behind the spy killings lately in the press. i wish they would impeach him.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know what to believe any more alot of things just don't add up. But there have been blood tests that has proven Henri Paul drunk that night and could have caused the accident. I don't believe that the prime minister or TRF had anything to do with the accident. The people who believe in a conspiracy now believe that Diana wasn't the original target Dodi was.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Courtier

Of course Diana was bugged because of her unique identity. It does not surprise us at all. I don't think senior royal family members truly have privacies. They were monitored by sevants, courtiers, journalists and now intelligence agencies. The most important thing of the investigation report is that it confirms my thought about the death of Diana was a car accident. If it were a murderer, the target was Dodi not Diana.
Let Diana rest in peace.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
If it were a murderer, the target was Dodi not Diana.
Let Diana rest in peace.
But if it was murder and Dodi was the intended target they got three for the price of one. Diana was still murdered. (speaking hypothetically)
Old 12-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie
Well, it would me No can say that the CIA wouldn't know if M16 were bugging their phone lines...I strongly doubt that. And in the event that that were the case, I would be certain the CIA would have soon drawn a close to that without hesitation.

If M16 bugged Diana's phone, that is an entirely english affair with internal objectives (not condoning it of course). The fact that a foreign government agency felt it had a 'right' to do so is what I find somewhat hard to fathom.

of course, whether or not it did actually happen, is not certain (publically).

And sassie, I'm not trying to be disagreeable, just expressing my opinion on the matter

Quote:
But how did the CIA get access to Diana's phone in order to bug it.
We are talking of the United States most senior intelligence agency afterall And its not her actual phone, rather her phone line.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
Well, it would me No can say that the CIA wouldn't know if M16 were bugging their phone lines...I strongly doubt that. And in the event that that were the case, I would be certain the CIA would have soon drawn a close to that without hesitation.

If M16 bugged Diana's phone, that is an entirely english affair with internal objectives (not condoning it of course). The fact that a foreign government agency felt it had a 'right' to do so is what I find somewhat hard to fathom.

of course, whether or not it did actually happen, is not certain (publically).

And sassie, I'm not trying to be disagreeable, just expressing my opinion on the matter

We are talking of the United States most senior intelligence agency afterall And its not her actual phone, rather her phone line.
It's entirely probable-in fact, it's practically a given-that the CIA does know that MI6 is bugging their phone lines-which is why places like the White House, the intelligence agencies, Downing Street, etc., have specially built rooms, free of electronic surveillance and guarded around the clock, so that sensitive information can be discussed without being overheard.

Intelligence agencies use phone taps as conduits of information. It's an open secret. They not only bug, they also expect to be bugged.

Remember, these intelligence agencies build dossiers on people like Diana that contain information down to the smallest of personal details. Phone taps help them gather that information.

Mind you, I'm not saying it's morally right-because it isn't. But, intelligence agencies aren't known for being residents of the moral high ground.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

But what would the intelligence service monitor Diana for?
Old 12-11-2006, 11:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
To gather information. Not only about her, but about people she associated with. Such as Mohammed al Fayed. A seemingly innocent phone conversation could reveal useful tidbits to an intelligence agency.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Diana investigation set to report
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6170763.stm
Old 12-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie
It's entirely probable-in fact, it's practically a given-that the CIA does know that MI6 is bugging their phone lines-which is why places like the White House, the intelligence agencies, Downing Street, etc., have specially built rooms, free of electronic surveillance and guarded around the clock, so that sensitive information can be discussed without being overheard.

Intelligence agencies use phone taps as conduits of information. It's an open secret. They not only bug, they also expect to be bugged.

Remember, these intelligence agencies build dossiers on people like Diana that contain information down to the smallest of personal details. Phone taps help them gather that information.

Mind you, I'm not saying it's morally right-because it isn't. But, intelligence agencies aren't known for being residents of the moral high ground.
You seem to know your fair share about the goings on of cross Atlantic intelligence surveillance, sassie. 'Anything' you wish to share?

Morals? What a repellent notion for those concerned!
Old 12-12-2006, 02:34 AM
Commoner

Quote:
i remember them saying her friend was under investigation for something, but i can't remember what it was. she was the wife of an important person of some sort and they were in big trouble, but i can't remember.

i believe they had more reason to take dodi's life than diana's. it's obvious his business dealings were not safe if he were selling guns to another country for wars. i'm sure he was also under investigation for all kinds of things, so that is another reason why princess diana would be bugged. it all depends on who he was selling the guns to.

all these countries spy on each other, and that kind of gives you more options on whos telling the truth when something like this happens. each one has the story, but no one's telling.

i know most people think the conspiracy theories are crazy, but how could you make such an important figure wait almost 2 hours before she was finally admitted to the hospital. that is one of the main reason why she died, because they didn't get her there in enough time. if they don't charge them with murder, then they should charge them with negligence. the driver should have been fired or brought up on some kind of charges. there were a lot more other things that were wrong with her death and it would be impossible to name every thing that was not right in one email. i don't believe it could be an accident, but i do believe prince charles had nothing to do with it.

prince charles seems very harmless, and i feel bad for him because none of this would have ever happened if his mother would have approved his marriage to camilla in the first place. she was his first love and they finally ended up marrying anyway, so what a waste of time and bad feelings. diana was caught up in all of that being made the marter in the marriage. she was way too young for him, and they should have seen the break up coming and avoided the whole relationship altogether. she was very young.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:51 AM
Commoner

Quote:
I'm afraid I can't see what possible reason there could be for watching such a thing. The expense of this is costing the British tax-payer a bomb and it's not on. An inquest was held. It's done. It's over. What I object to is certain groups calling for another inquest and another inquest when all they appear to be doing is getting some kind of fetishistic kick out of her demise whilst the rest of us pick up the bill. It's not only unfair but it's also quite ridiculous.
it gives the public to have access of how the people involved are to be questioned. it will probably last a few days, and if they get caught trying to hide something, the press will set them straight or cause a lot of bad publicity for it. i think it is a good idea to make sure she gets a fair trial, which is what she was afraid of because she thought the royal family was in control of everyone. it would be more for her benefit than the public's. it won't be anything new anyways. they are just going to rehash the same information over again. the trial has a better chance of not being prearranged than if it were held in private. if they are just doing it to show princess diana fans that she was given a fair trial, it may be in hopes to kill the conspiracy theories.

Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, inquest, princess diana