The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 05:31 PM

Oh for goodness sake. Can't they just get it over with and stop wasting public money?

Old 12-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thats good at least the public can watch the hearings. I hope they show it here in New York.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:24 PM

Why do the public need to watch it though Sirhon? What's the reason? Should we now screen every inquest just to please those very morbid few who get a kick out of seeing an inquest? I should point out - you won't get to watch the hearings. You'll hear the final verdict but I very very much doubt they'll allow TV cameras in.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
Thats good at least the public can watch the hearings. I hope they show it here in New York.
yes, is a good news, may be you have more lucky in new york that e in argentina.
it's time we can know what REALLY happend that night in paris
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-07-2006, 07:25 PM

Well corazon, I can tell you that. Diana and Dodi died. Thats what happened. What more is there to know?
Quote:
But how would you feel if people paid money to see the car that was the cause of your mother's death. It is morally wrong.

Is it? People flock to see the limo Kennedy was shot in, why is this any different?
Old 12-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well BeatrixFan not every single member of the public has negative feelings towards Diana. Many fans of Diana including myself want to watch this final verdict. Alot of people (not all) believe that Diana was murdered along with Dodi and was covered up as an accident. And I wasn't aware that limo where Kennedy was shot in is on display. You have to take in consideration of william and harry's feelings. They wouldn't want the car that killed their mother on display. BeatrixFan I wonder had it been Charles or Camilla who had died in that accident would you want that car to be on display before the public.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:14 PM

This isn't about liking the woman or not - this is about truly morbid fascination. Inquests should never be held in public. How would you feel if your mother's inquest was held in public? And you do realise that the likelihood will be that at an inquest you'll hear extremely graphic accounts and see extremely graphic images? I'm afraid I don't see a reason for this. Do you really think that if her death was murder the establishment would have consented to a public inquest? I think it's about time people stopped clutching at straws. She's dead and no inquest - public or private - will bring her back.

Now, you like Diana. I don't. That doesn't make me any less of a human being and as a human being I find it very very strange that people who claim to adore this woman so much, want to see pictures of her dead body (hich according to a legal expert will be shown at the inquest) and hear accounts of her very final moments. I find it a very stark hallmark of a tragic celebrity-obssessed society that not only do we need to throw ourselves onto the funeral pire when a C-Lister dies, we also have to defend them and take up the torch of remembrance even though we never knew them. And then we have to invent conspiracy stories.

To be frank, I couldn't care less whether she was murdered or not and if she was, by who. Knowing will not make the slightest bit of difference to our lives. Look at this way - you have to immediately discount several people. Mohammed Al-Fayed will do, say and sell anything to get his passport and so can't be trusted as far as he can be thrown. Raine Spencer won't speak about it, Earl Spencer and Diana's immediate family have cashed in on Diana's name and have generally made themselves look like idiots. Paul Burrell - well, the least said about that one the better. The Royal Family would never testify in court nor would they be so stupid to leave any trace of their involvement if they were involved. So automatically, your major figures in this are discounted and you're left with a classic Romanov story. People who saw her as she got out of a car, people who sat behind her at a church service, people who once handed her a drink - who do you listen to?

I'm afraid I can't see what possible reason there could be for watching such a thing. The expense of this is costing the British tax-payer a bomb and it's not on. An inquest was held. It's done. It's over. What I object to is certain groups calling for another inquest and another inquest when all they appear to be doing is getting some kind of fetishistic kick out of her demise whilst the rest of us pick up the bill. It's not only unfair but it's also quite ridiculous.

If people really cared about this, don't you think we'd hear more, "Dodi was murdered" stories? No, it's only Diana people want to hear about because her celebrity was on the wane before her death. She was becoming a spare part and the media were slowly turning against her - her death immortalised her just as it did with Marylin Monroe and James Dean. You only have to look at the manic interest in Jayne Mansfield.

Jayne was killed in a car accident and people became fascinated. Pictures were shown at the inquest, they got leaked and put into the public domain. Now we've had that already with Diana to an extent. People wanted to see the photographs of Jayne Mansfield with her scalp hanging off - is that what those who are desperate to see this inquest are hoping to see? The mangled remains of a former Royal? And thats a brutal way of putting it I know and I do so deliberately to get the point across. An inquest is not a nice thing. It's going to be painful, emotional and raw - and I can't help but ask - what has it got to do with any of us anyway?
Old 12-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well it didn't cross my mind that they would show any photos of Diana , Mr. Fayed and Henri Paul in their last moments. So you got me there. Buti don't believe Diana's popularity was waning. I remember alot people were questioning her future role. (And is Jayne some actress that was decapatated in a car accident 30 years before diana's death.)
Old 12-07-2006, 08:30 PM

Yes, Jayne was 30 odd years before Di died but the theory remains the same. Once you have very graphic and raw and rather sick images in the public domain, you've crossed a new line and a new threshold and we have to ask ourselves as a society - do we want to go this far? I won't get into the popularity issue - I think her popularity in America was as high as it had ever been but the British press were extremely savage towards her before her death which always strikes me as amazing now because suddenly, she died and every paper went overboard as if to cover their guilt. Anyway, thats not the point and I'd rather not get caught in that because its not what I intende to say. Jayne was "some actress" but she had the same level of fame as Di had. She died in a very similar way. The material used at her inquest was released into the public domain and it meant that she was forever remembered for hazy images of an upturned car and a badly mutilated body and if you're a fan, I wonder why you'd want Diana to be remembered in a similar way.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

What, I would never want Diana to be remebered how the way she died or looked the way she died. The reason why I would like to see the inquest is to know what really happened that night. Not see pictures of Diana in her final moments! I remember for her charity work and her devotion to wills and harry.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:39 PM

But the sad reality is that thats exactly what will happen. And without sounding rude - why do you need to know what really happened that night? Will it change your life for the better or the worse? Surely it's time to forget it, move on and commemorate Diana if you want to and leave time to move on. I just find it odd that these people who "love" her, want her death to be played out every day for another decade until they hear what they want to hear.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

The reason why I would like to know the truth about that night is to put to rest any doubts I have about her death. And no it wouldn't change my life for the better but it would make feel good to know. BeatrixFan I respect your opinons on this inquest and on Diana we all have different views. Thats why its soo much fun to come on the royal forums and have debates on such controversial topics.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:54 PM

Well, I hope you get what you want. I don't understand what it is exactly you want - but I hope you get it. I think I can possibly liken it to a British actor called Kenneth Williams who is just my idol. He died in odd circumstances and his fans are now left wondering whether he killed himself or whether he accidentally overdosed. It shouldn't matter to me but in a ghoulish way it does. I try to analyze things a little too much - maybe the plain and simple fact is - we like death.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I guess we the public do have a fascination with young celebrities who die before their time. Thats why there is a facination with Diana, Kurt Cobain, Marilyn Monroe and other late celebrities.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
Well it didn't cross my mind that they would show any photos of Diana , Mr. Fayed and Henri Paul in their last moments. So you got me there. Buti don't believe Diana's popularity was waning. I remember alot people were questioning her future role. (And is Jayne some actress that was decapatated in a car accident 30 years before diana's death.)
Yes, Jayne Mansfield died in a car accident-no, she was not decapitated. That is an inaccurate urban legend.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

this help for the people that loved diana can know wath really happend, if she was kiled of if was an accident, about william and hary their felling are very very private and olne they know the pain bout lost they mother.
Diana and dodi die and that is a fact that we can't change, but she was a public figure ver loved, and the people (she was that she was for the public's devotion to her) need to know wWHY diana die, for an accident or for a murder
Not reason for the veredit must be secret, noting in diana life was secret.
diana's death is a state question, she was the mother of a future king, nothing can change that ad this investigation was necesary for know the true.
but nothing can change the people felloing, very much people think she was killed and another think she sie in an accident, we will see, 9 or 10 years before the true
it's posible diana death be like kennedy o marylin, with or without ''last word'' anyway is present the question
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-07-2006, 11:15 PM

But corazon, how will any verdict change things? If the verdict is accidental death people will say it's a cover up and it really was murder. If it was murder, who wins? Who goes to court? What does a murder or accidental death verdict change?
Old 12-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

The way people are hoping it'll change things is for the verdict to somehow result in Prince Charles being knocked out of the succession and William becoming king in his father's lifetime. As you say, a verdict of accidental death won't make any difference to what they believe because they'll just say it was a coverup.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:46 AM

I agree that the verdict will not change anything. There will always be speculation no matter what. I think that when the world loses an icon suddenly, we automatically have to blame someone. Losing someone so carelessly is unacceptable to some people.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hello, Prim - welcome to the Forums!

Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, inquest, princess diana