The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #361  
Old 10-09-2006, 08:59 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
I don't think it's the media "jumping the gun." They are just doing what they always do: report on the progress. It is only a report of information they were given. None of us know what really happened that night. We can read these things and make our own conclusions.
__________________

  #362  
Old 10-09-2006, 09:25 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Charleston, SC, United States
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I don't think it's the media "jumping the gun." They are just doing what they always do: report on the progress. It is only a report of information they were given. None of us know what really happened that night. We can read these things and make our own conclusions.
Well, I have to respectfully disagree. The media has often published speculation ahead of official findings, and they are well known for making up news items out of thin air. Since the investigation against Lecomte is in the beginning stages, none of these allegations have been proven, and it would be a breach of procedure for any official to offer an opinion before the investigation is complete.

Of course, we must make our own conclusions. However, I wish to make mine based on proven fact, and not statements printed in the press that someone "reportedly" did something without any supporting evidence to confirm the action actually took place.
__________________

  #363  
Old 10-09-2006, 10:00 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie
Well, I have to respectfully disagree. The media has often published speculation ahead of official findings, and they are well known for making up news items out of thin air. Since the investigation against Lecomte is in the beginning stages, none of these allegations have been proven, and it would be a breach of procedure for any official to offer an opinion before the investigation is complete.

Of course, we must make our own conclusions. However, I wish to make mine based on proven fact, and not statements printed in the press that someone "reportedly" did something without any supporting evidence to confirm the action actually took place.
I understand what you're saying. Ideally, you are correct 100%. However, I still don't see the harm of reporting that an investigation is taking place and reporting the reason for it. You don't have to limit reports to conclusions and final analyses. You can report on investigations that are underway.
And to be fair to the article, at least it was stated that they were allegations and not final conclusions.
  #364  
Old 10-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Charleston, SC, United States
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I understand what you're saying. Ideally, you are correct 100%. However, I still don't see the harm of reporting that an investigation is taking place and reporting the reason for it. You don't have to limit reports to conclusions and final analyses. You can report on investigations that are underway.
And to be fair to the article, at least it was stated that they were allegations and not final conclusions.
True. But, of course, it's impossible to know how accurate the allegations are, since the source is unknown. And, an investigation can also be convened in response to a false allegation.

Time will tell, I guess.
  #365  
Old 10-09-2006, 12:18 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie
True. But, of course, it's impossible to know how accurate the allegations are, since the source is unknown. And, an investigation can also be convened in response to a false allegation.

Time will tell, I guess.
Yes, indeed. Plus it's always good to keep questioning things. You wouldn't want to get too confident and content, now, would you? That's the beauty of conspiracy theories. They constantly shake things up and keep the Elite (with all their PI's, bodyguards and hitmen) on their toes! (I'm just being silly about the "hitmen" by the way.)

I just want to clarify something, because I am not a regular poster in this thread. I don't believe for a second that the royal family had any hand in Diana's death. I am an avid admirer of Prince Charles and I believe he is essentially a good man who would not be involved in offing the mother of his children. That said, I'm also an avid believer in always considering every possibility, so my response to the conspiracy theories and the investigations is always an open-minded curiosity.
  #366  
Old 10-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,649
i have a question i'd like to put out there regarding the fiat driver (or supposed driver/owner). it was reported that he committed suicide and the car was burned and his remains were found in the car. first of all, do i have this right or is incorrect? secondly, if i do have it right, it's highly unlikely that ANYONE would committ suicide in this manner...it's slow and painful. so what's up with this story?
__________________
Duchess
  #367  
Old 10-09-2006, 04:58 PM
sirhon11234's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,467
strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
i have a question i'd like to put out there regarding the fiat driver (or supposed driver/owner). it was reported that he committed suicide and the car was burned and his remains were found in the car. first of all, do i have this right or is incorrect? secondly, if i do have it right, it's highly unlikely that ANYONE would committ suicide in this manner...it's slow and painful. so what's up with this story?
I myself have always found his death to be very suspicous. If he wanted to kill himself why do it that way.
__________________
"I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved."
Diana, the Princess of Wales
  #368  
Old 10-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Charleston, SC, United States
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
i have a question i'd like to put out there regarding the fiat driver (or supposed driver/owner). it was reported that he committed suicide and the car was burned and his remains were found in the car. first of all, do i have this right or is incorrect? secondly, if i do have it right, it's highly unlikely that ANYONE would committ suicide in this manner...it's slow and painful. so what's up with this story?
Who can say? It's impossible to say he was murdered without examining all the evidence, which we never can. What we know of his death seems suspicious-but we also don't know how accurate the information is. If he was murdered, it's also impossible to say by whom or for what reason without knowing his complete background and what he may have been involved in.
  #369  
Old 10-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
I myself have always found his death to be very suspicous. If he wanted to kill himself why do it that way.
exactly my thoughts.
__________________
Duchess
  #370  
Old 10-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,894
I think it would be best if this discussion about the Fiat driver was kept to known facts. Since it's been stated that there have been newspaper reports, maybe someone could provide some links and then have the discussion stick to what's actually known.

Thanks.

Elspeth

British forums moderator
  #371  
Old 10-15-2006, 02:23 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: erin, United States
Posts: 47
here is a link on the white fiat driver who was burned.

http://www.larouchepub.com/other/200...iana_2727.html
  #372  
Old 10-15-2006, 07:43 PM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdaisies
here is a link on the white fiat driver who was burned.

http://www.larouchepub.com/other/200...iana_2727.html
very interesting...a lot loose ends there.
__________________
Duchess
  #373  
Old 10-16-2006, 05:45 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
very interesting...a lot loose ends there.
Yes it does sound interesting. So interesting if fact that one is tempted to think that it is scripted.
Does anyone know if this newspaper is a reputeable newspaper or a tabloid ..... the style of writing makes me wonder
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #374  
Old 10-16-2006, 07:24 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
Yes it does sound interesting. So interesting if fact that one is tempted to think that it is scripted.
Does anyone know if this newspaper is a reputeable newspaper or a tabloid ..... the style of writing makes me wonder
If you look at the tone of their other 'in-depth' articles, you should be able to have a good laugh at the various conspiracy theories!
  #375  
Old 10-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
If you look at the tone of their other 'in-depth' articles, you should be able to have a good laugh at the various conspiracy theories!
Well, for me the idea of commiting suicide this terrible way is not very convincing, if you are a millionaire with every possibility to bribe a doctor to advise you on easier ways "out". Thus, there is something "smelly" when it comes to this death.

But - if this guy really took a flight out of Paris in the early morning and was the driver of the white Fiat involved in the accident, where did he leave his car? Someone was bound to know and someone has been bound to talk about this information. Or have there been other "suspicious deaths" surrounding this guy?

I come back to my original theory: I believe that the accident was just that, as nobody seems to have tempered with the safety belts and these were the crucial points. No one could have predicted that Diana and Dodi did not wear the belts and thus arrange an accident which is only deadly when the belts are not worn...

But I believe that the French first aid people, when they realised that Diana was one of the victims, informed higher authorities and that this action unintentional but still led to the delay in the rescue which probably caused Diana's death. Then these "higher authorities" in the French bureaucracy took care to camouflage this fact. The British authorities including prince Charles and the BRF at first did not realise something was wrong till the first cover-ups were exposed. Now they are honestly trying to get to the bottom of things, which is difficult, I agree.

But sometimes such difficult situations come from a very simple and understandible fact: someone did something wrong, wanted to cover things up and twisted so many facts that the truth is, if ever, only very difficult to find, leaving loose ends all along.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #376  
Old 11-26-2006, 10:35 PM
sirhon11234's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,467
An update for Diana's inquest.

From Peter Allen
in Paris

PRINCESS Diana may have been led to her death at the hands of assassins who wanted to murder Dodi Fayed.
The killers were believed to be mercenaries working for Arab arms dealers.
They wanted her boyfriend Dodi to attend a meeting in a Paris office block.

http://express.lineone.net/news_detail.html?sku=773
__________________
"I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved."
Diana, the Princess of Wales
  #377  
Old 11-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Sammy's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
An update for Diana's inquest.

From Peter Allen
in Paris

PRINCESS Diana may have been led to her death at the hands of assassins who wanted to murder Dodi Fayed.
The killers were believed to be mercenaries working for Arab arms dealers.
They wanted her boyfriend Dodi to attend a meeting in a Paris office block.

http://express.lineone.net/news_detail.html?sku=773
Well this is one that hasn't really been explored. LOL!

But I must admit to often wondering, if the crash was proved to be anything more than a tragic accident, was Dodi the intended target?
As memory serves, his mother's family was in the arms trade business. And Dodi was reputed to not handle money well. Perhaps he angered the wrong people, and Diana was mearly in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Interesting to ponder. But, I think in the end it will be ruled an accident. But people will always question it.
  #378  
Old 11-27-2006, 05:33 PM
sirhon11234's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,467
I dunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
Well this is one that hasn't really been explored. LOL!

But I must admit to often wondering, if the crash was proved to be anything more than a tragic accident, was Dodi the intended target?
As memory serves, his mother's family was in the arms trade business. And Dodi was reputed to not handle money well. Perhaps he angered the wrong people, and Diana was mearly in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Interesting to ponder. But, I think in the end it will be ruled an accident. But people will always question it.
Well this seems like another piece to the puzzle.
__________________
"I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved."
Diana, the Princess of Wales
  #379  
Old 11-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Report on Diana to be published Dec. 14

The official report into the death of Princess Diana which is widely expected to conclude that the 1997 Paris car crash that killed her was an accident will be published Dec. 14, the British Broadcasting Corp. reported Thursday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061130/...diana_report_1
  #380  
Old 12-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Princess Diana hearings to be held in public

British hearings into the deaths of Princess Diana and her companion Dodi al Fayed will be held in public after a decision that they should be conducted in secret was reversed, judicial authorities said on Thursday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061207/...ain_diana_dc_1

Al Fayed and his 'spokesmen' are still milking it for all their worth!
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, inquest, princess diana


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Most Well-Run Royal Family Freedom Royal Life and Lifestyle 63 01-01-2015 08:11 PM
Did the Queen act appropriately in the days following Diana's death? Duchess Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh 528 09-09-2011 11:49 AM
The Diana Inquest: October 2007 - April 2008 sirhon11234 Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997) 1611 04-08-2008 02:35 PM
New books marking the tenth anniversary of Diana's death Hendrik-Jan77 Royal Library 82 10-03-2007 12:12 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit dutch state visit to france e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece harald v kate middleton king abdullah ii king abdullah in australia king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala nobel gowns norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess marie fashion princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 sheikha hind state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises