The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 08:59 AM

I don't think it's the media "jumping the gun." They are just doing what they always do: report on the progress. It is only a report of information they were given. None of us know what really happened that night. We can read these things and make our own conclusions.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I don't think it's the media "jumping the gun." They are just doing what they always do: report on the progress. It is only a report of information they were given. None of us know what really happened that night. We can read these things and make our own conclusions.
Well, I have to respectfully disagree. The media has often published speculation ahead of official findings, and they are well known for making up news items out of thin air. Since the investigation against Lecomte is in the beginning stages, none of these allegations have been proven, and it would be a breach of procedure for any official to offer an opinion before the investigation is complete.

Of course, we must make our own conclusions. However, I wish to make mine based on proven fact, and not statements printed in the press that someone "reportedly" did something without any supporting evidence to confirm the action actually took place.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie
Well, I have to respectfully disagree. The media has often published speculation ahead of official findings, and they are well known for making up news items out of thin air. Since the investigation against Lecomte is in the beginning stages, none of these allegations have been proven, and it would be a breach of procedure for any official to offer an opinion before the investigation is complete.

Of course, we must make our own conclusions. However, I wish to make mine based on proven fact, and not statements printed in the press that someone "reportedly" did something without any supporting evidence to confirm the action actually took place.
I understand what you're saying. Ideally, you are correct 100%. However, I still don't see the harm of reporting that an investigation is taking place and reporting the reason for it. You don't have to limit reports to conclusions and final analyses. You can report on investigations that are underway.
And to be fair to the article, at least it was stated that they were allegations and not final conclusions.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I understand what you're saying. Ideally, you are correct 100%. However, I still don't see the harm of reporting that an investigation is taking place and reporting the reason for it. You don't have to limit reports to conclusions and final analyses. You can report on investigations that are underway.
And to be fair to the article, at least it was stated that they were allegations and not final conclusions.
True. But, of course, it's impossible to know how accurate the allegations are, since the source is unknown. And, an investigation can also be convened in response to a false allegation.

Time will tell, I guess.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie
True. But, of course, it's impossible to know how accurate the allegations are, since the source is unknown. And, an investigation can also be convened in response to a false allegation.

Time will tell, I guess.
Yes, indeed. Plus it's always good to keep questioning things. You wouldn't want to get too confident and content, now, would you? That's the beauty of conspiracy theories. They constantly shake things up and keep the Elite (with all their PI's, bodyguards and hitmen) on their toes! (I'm just being silly about the "hitmen" by the way.)

I just want to clarify something, because I am not a regular poster in this thread. I don't believe for a second that the royal family had any hand in Diana's death. I am an avid admirer of Prince Charles and I believe he is essentially a good man who would not be involved in offing the mother of his children. That said, I'm also an avid believer in always considering every possibility, so my response to the conspiracy theories and the investigations is always an open-minded curiosity.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Royal Highness

i have a question i'd like to put out there regarding the fiat driver (or supposed driver/owner). it was reported that he committed suicide and the car was burned and his remains were found in the car. first of all, do i have this right or is incorrect? secondly, if i do have it right, it's highly unlikely that ANYONE would committ suicide in this manner...it's slow and painful. so what's up with this story?
Old 10-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
i have a question i'd like to put out there regarding the fiat driver (or supposed driver/owner). it was reported that he committed suicide and the car was burned and his remains were found in the car. first of all, do i have this right or is incorrect? secondly, if i do have it right, it's highly unlikely that ANYONE would committ suicide in this manner...it's slow and painful. so what's up with this story?
I myself have always found his death to be very suspicous. If he wanted to kill himself why do it that way.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Who can say? It's impossible to say he was murdered without examining all the evidence, which we never can. What we know of his death seems suspicious-but we also don't know how accurate the information is. If he was murdered, it's also impossible to say by whom or for what reason without knowing his complete background and what he may have been involved in.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
I myself have always found his death to be very suspicous. If he wanted to kill himself why do it that way.
exactly my thoughts.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think it would be best if this discussion about the Fiat driver was kept to known facts. Since it's been stated that there have been newspaper reports, maybe someone could provide some links and then have the discussion stick to what's actually known.

Thanks.

Elspeth

British forums moderator
Old 10-15-2006, 02:23 PM
Commoner

here is a link on the white fiat driver who was burned.

http://www.larouchepub.com/other/200...iana_2727.html
Old 10-15-2006, 07:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdaisies
here is a link on the white fiat driver who was burned.

http://www.larouchepub.com/other/200...iana_2727.html
very interesting...a lot loose ends there.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
very interesting...a lot loose ends there.
Yes it does sound interesting. So interesting if fact that one is tempted to think that it is scripted.
Does anyone know if this newspaper is a reputeable newspaper or a tabloid ..... the style of writing makes me wonder
Old 10-16-2006, 07:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
Yes it does sound interesting. So interesting if fact that one is tempted to think that it is scripted.
Does anyone know if this newspaper is a reputeable newspaper or a tabloid ..... the style of writing makes me wonder
If you look at the tone of their other 'in-depth' articles, you should be able to have a good laugh at the various conspiracy theories!
Old 10-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
If you look at the tone of their other 'in-depth' articles, you should be able to have a good laugh at the various conspiracy theories!
Well, for me the idea of commiting suicide this terrible way is not very convincing, if you are a millionaire with every possibility to bribe a doctor to advise you on easier ways "out". Thus, there is something "smelly" when it comes to this death.

But - if this guy really took a flight out of Paris in the early morning and was the driver of the white Fiat involved in the accident, where did he leave his car? Someone was bound to know and someone has been bound to talk about this information. Or have there been other "suspicious deaths" surrounding this guy?

I come back to my original theory: I believe that the accident was just that, as nobody seems to have tempered with the safety belts and these were the crucial points. No one could have predicted that Diana and Dodi did not wear the belts and thus arrange an accident which is only deadly when the belts are not worn...

But I believe that the French first aid people, when they realised that Diana was one of the victims, informed higher authorities and that this action unintentional but still led to the delay in the rescue which probably caused Diana's death. Then these "higher authorities" in the French bureaucracy took care to camouflage this fact. The British authorities including prince Charles and the BRF at first did not realise something was wrong till the first cover-ups were exposed. Now they are honestly trying to get to the bottom of things, which is difficult, I agree.

But sometimes such difficult situations come from a very simple and understandible fact: someone did something wrong, wanted to cover things up and twisted so many facts that the truth is, if ever, only very difficult to find, leaving loose ends all along.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

An update for Diana's inquest.

From Peter Allen
in Paris

PRINCESS Diana may have been led to her death at the hands of assassins who wanted to murder Dodi Fayed.
The killers were believed to be mercenaries working for Arab arms dealers.
They wanted her boyfriend Dodi to attend a meeting in a Paris office block.

http://express.lineone.net/news_detail.html?sku=773
Old 11-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
An update for Diana's inquest.

From Peter Allen
in Paris

PRINCESS Diana may have been led to her death at the hands of assassins who wanted to murder Dodi Fayed.
The killers were believed to be mercenaries working for Arab arms dealers.
They wanted her boyfriend Dodi to attend a meeting in a Paris office block.

http://express.lineone.net/news_detail.html?sku=773
Well this is one that hasn't really been explored. LOL!

But I must admit to often wondering, if the crash was proved to be anything more than a tragic accident, was Dodi the intended target?
As memory serves, his mother's family was in the arms trade business. And Dodi was reputed to not handle money well. Perhaps he angered the wrong people, and Diana was mearly in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Interesting to ponder. But, I think in the end it will be ruled an accident. But people will always question it.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
Well this is one that hasn't really been explored. LOL!

But I must admit to often wondering, if the crash was proved to be anything more than a tragic accident, was Dodi the intended target?
As memory serves, his mother's family was in the arms trade business. And Dodi was reputed to not handle money well. Perhaps he angered the wrong people, and Diana was mearly in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Interesting to ponder. But, I think in the end it will be ruled an accident. But people will always question it.
Well this seems like another piece to the puzzle.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Report on Diana to be published Dec. 14

The official report into the death of Princess Diana which is widely expected to conclude that the 1997 Paris car crash that killed her was an accident will be published Dec. 14, the British Broadcasting Corp. reported Thursday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061130/...diana_report_1
Old 12-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Diana hearings to be held in public

British hearings into the deaths of Princess Diana and her companion Dodi al Fayed will be held in public after a decision that they should be conducted in secret was reversed, judicial authorities said on Thursday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061207/...ain_diana_dc_1

Al Fayed and his 'spokesmen' are still milking it for all their worth!

Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, inquest, princess diana