Run-up to the inquest into Diana's death

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's the media "jumping the gun." They are just doing what they always do: report on the progress. It is only a report of information they were given. None of us know what really happened that night. We can read these things and make our own conclusions.

CasiraghiTrio said:
I don't think it's the media "jumping the gun." They are just doing what they always do: report on the progress. It is only a report of information they were given. None of us know what really happened that night. We can read these things and make our own conclusions.
Well, I have to respectfully disagree. The media has often published speculation ahead of official findings, and they are well known for making up news items out of thin air. Since the investigation against Lecomte is in the beginning stages, none of these allegations have been proven, and it would be a breach of procedure for any official to offer an opinion before the investigation is complete.

Of course, we must make our own conclusions. However, I wish to make mine based on proven fact, and not statements printed in the press that someone "reportedly" did something without any supporting evidence to confirm the action actually took place.

sassie said:
Well, I have to respectfully disagree. The media has often published speculation ahead of official findings, and they are well known for making up news items out of thin air. Since the investigation against Lecomte is in the beginning stages, none of these allegations have been proven, and it would be a breach of procedure for any official to offer an opinion before the investigation is complete.

Of course, we must make our own conclusions. However, I wish to make mine based on proven fact, and not statements printed in the press that someone "reportedly" did something without any supporting evidence to confirm the action actually took place.

I understand what you're saying. Ideally, you are correct 100%. However, I still don't see the harm of reporting that an investigation is taking place and reporting the reason for it. You don't have to limit reports to conclusions and final analyses. You can report on investigations that are underway.
And to be fair to the article, at least it was stated that they were allegations and not final conclusions.

CasiraghiTrio said:
I understand what you're saying. Ideally, you are correct 100%. However, I still don't see the harm of reporting that an investigation is taking place and reporting the reason for it. You don't have to limit reports to conclusions and final analyses. You can report on investigations that are underway.
And to be fair to the article, at least it was stated that they were allegations and not final conclusions.

True. But, of course, it's impossible to know how accurate the allegations are, since the source is unknown. And, an investigation can also be convened in response to a false allegation.

Time will tell, I guess.

sassie said:
True. But, of course, it's impossible to know how accurate the allegations are, since the source is unknown. And, an investigation can also be convened in response to a false allegation.

Time will tell, I guess.

Yes, indeed. Plus it's always good to keep questioning things. You wouldn't want to get too confident and content, now, would you? That's the beauty of conspiracy theories. They constantly shake things up and keep the Elite (with all their PI's, bodyguards and hitmen) on their toes! :lol: (I'm just being silly about the "hitmen" by the way.)

I just want to clarify something, because I am not a regular poster in this thread. I don't believe for a second that the royal family had any hand in Diana's death. I am an avid admirer of Prince Charles and I believe he is essentially a good man who would not be involved in offing the mother of his children. That said, I'm also an avid believer in always considering every possibility, so my response to the conspiracy theories and the investigations is always an open-minded curiosity.

Last edited:
i have a question i'd like to put out there regarding the fiat driver (or supposed driver/owner). it was reported that he committed suicide and the car was burned and his remains were found in the car. first of all, do i have this right or is incorrect? secondly, if i do have it right, it's highly unlikely that ANYONE would committ suicide in this manner...it's slow and painful. so what's up with this story?

strange

Duchess said:
i have a question i'd like to put out there regarding the fiat driver (or supposed driver/owner). it was reported that he committed suicide and the car was burned and his remains were found in the car. first of all, do i have this right or is incorrect? secondly, if i do have it right, it's highly unlikely that ANYONE would committ suicide in this manner...it's slow and painful. so what's up with this story?

I myself have always found his death to be very suspicous. If he wanted to kill himself why do it that way.

Duchess said:

Who can say? It's impossible to say he was murdered without examining all the evidence, which we never can. What we know of his death seems suspicious-but we also don't know how accurate the information is. If he was murdered, it's also impossible to say by whom or for what reason without knowing his complete background and what he may have been involved in.

sirhon11234 said:
I myself have always found his death to be very suspicous. If he wanted to kill himself why do it that way.

exactly my thoughts.

I think it would be best if this discussion about the Fiat driver was kept to known facts. Since it's been stated that there have been newspaper reports, maybe someone could provide some links and then have the discussion stick to what's actually known.

Thanks.

Elspeth

British forums moderator

Duchess said:
very interesting...a lot loose ends there.
Yes it does sound interesting. So interesting if fact that one is tempted to think that it is scripted.:neutral:
Does anyone know if this newspaper is a reputeable newspaper or a tabloid ..... the style of writing makes me wonder :question:

MARG said:
Yes it does sound interesting. So interesting if fact that one is tempted to think that it is scripted.:neutral:
Does anyone know if this newspaper is a reputeable newspaper or a tabloid ..... the style of writing makes me wonder :question:

If you look at the tone of their other 'in-depth' articles, you should be able to have a good laugh at the various conspiracy theories! :lol: :lol:

Skydragon said:
If you look at the tone of their other 'in-depth' articles, you should be able to have a good laugh at the various conspiracy theories! :lol: :lol:

Well, for me the idea of commiting suicide this terrible way is not very convincing, if you are a millionaire with every possibility to bribe a doctor to advise you on easier ways "out". Thus, there is something "smelly" when it comes to this death.

But - if this guy really took a flight out of Paris in the early morning and was the driver of the white Fiat involved in the accident, where did he leave his car? Someone was bound to know and someone has been bound to talk about this information. Or have there been other "suspicious deaths" surrounding this guy?

I come back to my original theory: I believe that the accident was just that, as nobody seems to have tempered with the safety belts and these were the crucial points. No one could have predicted that Diana and Dodi did not wear the belts and thus arrange an accident which is only deadly when the belts are not worn...

But I believe that the French first aid people, when they realised that Diana was one of the victims, informed higher authorities and that this action unintentional but still led to the delay in the rescue which probably caused Diana's death. Then these "higher authorities" in the French bureaucracy took care to camouflage this fact. The British authorities including prince Charles and the BRF at first did not realise something was wrong till the first cover-ups were exposed. Now they are honestly trying to get to the bottom of things, which is difficult, I agree.

But sometimes such difficult situations come from a very simple and understandible fact: someone did something wrong, wanted to cover things up and twisted so many facts that the truth is, if ever, only very difficult to find, leaving loose ends all along.

An update for Diana's inquest.

From Peter Allen
in Paris

PRINCESS Diana may have been led to her death at the hands of assassins who wanted to murder Dodi Fayed.
The killers were believed to be mercenaries working for Arab arms dealers.
They wanted her boyfriend Dodi to attend a meeting in a Paris office block.

http://express.lineone.net/news_detail.html?sku=773

Last edited by a moderator:
sirhon11234 said:
An update for Diana's inquest.

From Peter Allen
in Paris

PRINCESS Diana may have been led to her death at the hands of assassins who wanted to murder Dodi Fayed.
The killers were believed to be mercenaries working for Arab arms dealers.
They wanted her boyfriend Dodi to attend a meeting in a Paris office block.

http://express.lineone.net/news_detail.html?sku=773
Well this is one that hasn't really been explored. LOL!

But I must admit to often wondering, if the crash was proved to be anything more than a tragic accident, was Dodi the intended target?
As memory serves, his mother's family was in the arms trade business. And Dodi was reputed to not handle money well. Perhaps he angered the wrong people, and Diana was mearly in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Interesting to ponder. But, I think in the end it will be ruled an accident. But people will always question it.

I dunno

Sammy said:
Well this is one that hasn't really been explored. LOL!

But I must admit to often wondering, if the crash was proved to be anything more than a tragic accident, was Dodi the intended target?
As memory serves, his mother's family was in the arms trade business. And Dodi was reputed to not handle money well. Perhaps he angered the wrong people, and Diana was mearly in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Interesting to ponder. But, I think in the end it will be ruled an accident. But people will always question it.
Well this seems like another piece to the puzzle.

Princess Diana hearings to be held in public

British hearings into the deaths of Princess Diana and her companion Dodi al Fayed will be held in public after a decision that they should be conducted in secret was reversed, judicial authorities said on Thursday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061207/wl_nm/britain_diana_dc_1

Al Fayed and his 'spokesmen' are still milking it for all their worth! :rolleyes:

Oh for goodness sake. Can't they just get it over with and stop wasting public money?

Thats good at least the public can watch the hearings. I hope they show it here in New York.

Why do the public need to watch it though Sirhon? What's the reason? Should we now screen every inquest just to please those very morbid few who get a kick out of seeing an inquest? I should point out - you won't get to watch the hearings. You'll hear the final verdict but I very very much doubt they'll allow TV cameras in.

sirhon11234 said:
Thats good at least the public can watch the hearings. I hope they show it here in New York.

yes, is a good news, may be you have more lucky in new york that e in argentina.
it's time we can know what REALLY happend that night in paris

Well corazon, I can tell you that. Diana and Dodi died. Thats what happened. What more is there to know?
But how would you feel if people paid money to see the car that was the cause of your mother's death. It is morally wrong.
Is it? People flock to see the limo Kennedy was shot in, why is this any different?

Last edited:
Well BeatrixFan not every single member of the public has negative feelings towards Diana. Many fans of Diana including myself want to watch this final verdict. Alot of people (not all) believe that Diana was murdered along with Dodi and was covered up as an accident. And I wasn't aware that limo where Kennedy was shot in is on display. You have to take in consideration of william and harry's feelings. They wouldn't want the car that killed their mother on display. BeatrixFan I wonder had it been Charles or Camilla who had died in that accident would you want that car to be on display before the public.

Last edited:
This isn't about liking the woman or not - this is about truly morbid fascination. Inquests should never be held in public. How would you feel if your mother's inquest was held in public? And you do realise that the likelihood will be that at an inquest you'll hear extremely graphic accounts and see extremely graphic images? I'm afraid I don't see a reason for this. Do you really think that if her death was murder the establishment would have consented to a public inquest? I think it's about time people stopped clutching at straws. She's dead and no inquest - public or private - will bring her back.

Now, you like Diana. I don't. That doesn't make me any less of a human being and as a human being I find it very very strange that people who claim to adore this woman so much, want to see pictures of her dead body (hich according to a legal expert will be shown at the inquest) and hear accounts of her very final moments. I find it a very stark hallmark of a tragic celebrity-obssessed society that not only do we need to throw ourselves onto the funeral pire when a C-Lister dies, we also have to defend them and take up the torch of remembrance even though we never knew them. And then we have to invent conspiracy stories.

To be frank, I couldn't care less whether she was murdered or not and if she was, by who. Knowing will not make the slightest bit of difference to our lives. Look at this way - you have to immediately discount several people. Mohammed Al-Fayed will do, say and sell anything to get his passport and so can't be trusted as far as he can be thrown. Raine Spencer won't speak about it, Earl Spencer and Diana's immediate family have cashed in on Diana's name and have generally made themselves look like idiots. Paul Burrell - well, the least said about that one the better. The Royal Family would never testify in court nor would they be so stupid to leave any trace of their involvement if they were involved. So automatically, your major figures in this are discounted and you're left with a classic Romanov story. People who saw her as she got out of a car, people who sat behind her at a church service, people who once handed her a drink - who do you listen to?

I'm afraid I can't see what possible reason there could be for watching such a thing. The expense of this is costing the British tax-payer a bomb and it's not on. An inquest was held. It's done. It's over. What I object to is certain groups calling for another inquest and another inquest when all they appear to be doing is getting some kind of fetishistic kick out of her demise whilst the rest of us pick up the bill. It's not only unfair but it's also quite ridiculous.

If people really cared about this, don't you think we'd hear more, "Dodi was murdered" stories? No, it's only Diana people want to hear about because her celebrity was on the wane before her death. She was becoming a spare part and the media were slowly turning against her - her death immortalised her just as it did with Marylin Monroe and James Dean. You only have to look at the manic interest in Jayne Mansfield.

Jayne was killed in a car accident and people became fascinated. Pictures were shown at the inquest, they got leaked and put into the public domain. Now we've had that already with Diana to an extent. People wanted to see the photographs of Jayne Mansfield with her scalp hanging off - is that what those who are desperate to see this inquest are hoping to see? The mangled remains of a former Royal? And thats a brutal way of putting it I know and I do so deliberately to get the point across. An inquest is not a nice thing. It's going to be painful, emotional and raw - and I can't help but ask - what has it got to do with any of us anyway?

Well it didn't cross my mind that they would show any photos of Diana , Mr. Fayed and Henri Paul in their last moments. So you got me there. Buti don't believe Diana's popularity was waning. I remember alot people were questioning her future role. (And is Jayne some actress that was decapatated in a car accident 30 years before diana's death.)

Yes, Jayne was 30 odd years before Di died but the theory remains the same. Once you have very graphic and raw and rather sick images in the public domain, you've crossed a new line and a new threshold and we have to ask ourselves as a society - do we want to go this far? I won't get into the popularity issue - I think her popularity in America was as high as it had ever been but the British press were extremely savage towards her before her death which always strikes me as amazing now because suddenly, she died and every paper went overboard as if to cover their guilt. Anyway, thats not the point and I'd rather not get caught in that because its not what I intende to say. Jayne was "some actress" but she had the same level of fame as Di had. She died in a very similar way. The material used at her inquest was released into the public domain and it meant that she was forever remembered for hazy images of an upturned car and a badly mutilated body and if you're a fan, I wonder why you'd want Diana to be remembered in a similar way.

What, I would never want Diana to be remebered how the way she died or looked the way she died. The reason why I would like to see the inquest is to know what really happened that night. Not see pictures of Diana in her final moments! I remember for her charity work and her devotion to wills and harry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom