The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I have said this before and will repeat again: never in my life I believed for a moment that Prince Charles or any other member of the Royal Family has anything to do with the tragic death of Lady Diana. I always tried to avoid the so-called 'absolute' opinions, since nothing is absolute, but this is one thing I am definetely sure.
As too am I! The idea is at best ridiculous, at worst, obscene.

Quote:
As for witnesses, who saw 'flashes', other cars... None of those witnesses stated anything like that back in 1997, and they suddenly start remembering after almost 10 year? very convincing. 5 minutes of fame, that's what they want, those, who 'saw the last moments of the Princess's life'.
Very very convincing ..... I don't think!

I cannot believe that there are many ordinary reasonalble people out there that will give these assertions (for that is all they are) the time of day, let alone 5 minutes.

Old 07-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

The only thing I can think of the French investigators would hide is the red car that supposedly came in contact with their car. There were reports of a swath of red paint where another car had brushed past the car.

Even then, I can't imagine the authorities repressing that if the car had in fact been a cause of the collision. But I can imagine them hiding it if they determined that this incident didn't have any impact on the fatal collision. If the people in the red car had nothing to do with the eventual collision, having their names and details out during the initial furor after Diana's death would have put them in an awful position. Even if innocent they would have been on the other side of a vicious press and an angry public.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-13-2006, 05:10 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelydiana
I do belive that Diana could have been killed by "other forces." After all Diana was the most popualr person in the world at the time of her death. The British government may have worried whatDiana might do to them and maybe thought she was better off dead. Another thing to point out is the letter Diana wrote to Paul Burrell saying she would die in a mysterious car crash in order to make the path clear for Charles to marry. So I belive the British government may have had something to do with Diana's death.
I'm not 100% convinced either way. The only thing to bear in mind though is that a potential marriage (and children) to an Egyptian and son of one of the least popular establishment figures in the UK would have rattled both the government and the Royal Family. Just imagine, a sibling of the potential heir to the throne being a muslim and whose grandfather has been repeatedly denied British nationality!
Old 07-13-2006, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes
I'm not 100% convinced either way. The only thing to bear in mind though is that a potential marriage (and children) to an Egyptian and son of one of the least popular establishment figures in the UK would have rattled both the government and the Royal Family. Just imagine, a sibling of the potential heir to the throne being a muslim and whose grandfather has been repeatedly denied British nationality!
I understand it would be inconvinient and everything but what exactly would happen if Diana did marry Dodi (though I highly doubt she ever had that in her mind, whatever Mr. Al Fayed says) and have kids with him? The end of the world? She would just suddenly become very unpopular, just like Jackie did, when she married Aristotel, and that's all. Come to that, it might even be good for the RF in the end.
I understand all the controversy about the fact that the possible siblings of the Princes of the UK could be muslin and everything, but really, so what? The bif scandal would be if William/Harry would decide to become muslins themselves but I don't believe in that/
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-13-2006, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
This keeps coming up. So I'll ask again: why would it be such a problem if the divorced wife of the Prince of Wales (and mother of the future King) was married to a person of the Islamic faith? Why do some people assume Britain would be aghast if William and Harry had a half-brother or sister of that faith and of part-Egyptian heritage? Considering his close and sympathetic connections with the Arab World I imagine Charles would be quite chuffed.

Why is there an assumption that a potential Islamic step-family connection would be motive for murder? Kill the mother to save the sons? The suggestion that William and Harry had to be protected from the "taint" of Islam by the murder of their mother is inherently illogical.

Why would the British government care if Diana and Dodi married and lived in Paris? (or anywhere for that matter). The issue of marrying an al Fayed would be controversial for sure, but that is because of the father's reputation (and maybe the son's), and not his religion or the fact he is Egyptian. And the last point: apart from Mr al Fayed himself, who else has stated Diana and Dodi were planning to get married? As far as I know Diana's family and closest friends denied the claim from the outset.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
This keeps coming up. So I'll ask again: why would it be such a problem if the divorced wife of the Prince of Wales (and mother of the future King) was married to a person of the Islamic faith? Why do some people assume Britain would be aghast if William and Harry had a half-brother or sister of that faith and of part-Egyptian heritage? Considering his close and sympathetic connections with the Arab World I imagine Charles would be quite chuffed.

Why is there an assumption that a potential Islamic step-family connection would be motive for murder? Kill the mother to save the sons? The suggestion that William and Harry had to be protected from the "taint" of Islam by the murder of their mother is inherently illogical.

Why would the British government care if Diana and Dodi married and lived in Paris? (or anywhere for that matter). The issue of marrying an al Fayed would be controversial for sure, but that is because of the father's reputation (and maybe the son's), and not his religion or the fact he is Egyptian. And the last point: apart from Mr al Fayed himself, who else has stated Diana and Dodi were planning to get married? As far as I know Diana's family and closest friends denied the claim from the outset.
We seem to have the same thoughts on this issue, Warren! :)
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
We seem to have the same thoughts on this issue, Warren! :)
I'll second that! Calm logic will squash emotional rhetoric any day!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
I'll second that! Calm logic will squash emotional rhetoric any day!
But calm logic settles back and enjoys itself quitely, whereas that bright, shiny attention-seeker emotional rhetoric just won't stay down. It has to keep bubbling up and attracting attention, and calm logic is overlooked in its wake.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:23 AM
Commoner

Quote:
I understand it would be inconvinient and everything but what exactly would happen if Diana did marry Dodi (though I highly doubt she ever had that in her mind, whatever Mr. Al Fayed says) and have kids with him? The end of the world? She would just suddenly become very unpopular, just like Jackie did, when she married Aristotel, and that's all. Come to that, it might even be good for the RF in the end.
I understand all the controversy about the fact that the possible siblings of the Princes of the UK could be muslin and everything, but really, so what? The bif scandal would be if William/Harry would decide to become muslins themselves but I don't believe in that/
I feel I must make my own position clear - I don't think there would have been anything wrong with a potential marriage nor with Will and Harry having Arab siblings. I was playing devil's advocate, interpreting what the British establishment might have been thinking! Let's not underestimate this. The establishment is powerful enough to have been blocking Al Fayed's citizenship for years, ignoring the fact that he employs thousands of British people, does a hell of lot for childrens charities and, if he is a crook, he is definitely not alone!!
Old 07-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

But there is a difference between blocking citizenship and plotting a murder.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Well, I think Diana came a lot closer to marrying Hasnat Khan, who's also Muslim, than Dodi Fayed, and she didn't appear to be the target of bizarre assassination attempts during those years. As Warren said, marrying Fayed's son and going off to live a jet-set lifestyle wouldn't have helped her popularity at all - if the Establishment wanted to marginalise her, it would have been positively helping her along the road to being Mrs Fayed.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren

I agree with you. First of all I believe this was just a fling, so to speak, Secondly, when this was occurring 9/11/ and the other bombings had not yet occurred, so the fact that the gentleman in question was Muslim was a smaller factor than, perhaps, today. I really don't believe Diana had any intentions of marrying him anyway. Thirdly, as much as Diana was a thorn in the BRF side, her death was worse. I do not for one moment believe they had anything to do with it. She now is frozen in time, a young, beautiful goddess, that many revere and love. Her visage is always young and perfect. I don't think they wanted that. Just an aside Jackie Onassis only fell from grace here in the States for a short time, people adapted to her new name and life and when she died she was much loved and respected.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Rome, ITALY: A women reads the Italian magazine Chi, which featured a photograph of Princess Diana as she lay dying, 14 July 2006 in Rome. Diana and her lover Dodi Fayed died in the crash in Paris in 1997. A photo of the princess being given oxygen at the crash scene appeared in the weekly magazine

from getty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	21.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	254638  
Old 07-14-2006, 09:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

I sincerely hope that the cover is the only part of that magazine we'll be seeing.

While a discussion about whether the magazine should be printing the photo is perfectly OK, we're not prepared to have the photo itself on this site.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator
Old 07-14-2006, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I sincerely hope that the cover is the only part of that magazine we'll be seeing.

While a discussion about whether the magazine should be printing the photo is perfectly OK, we're not prepared to have the photo itself on this site.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator
Thank you for that. This is totally obscene!
Old 07-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Nobility

As I am a jornalist, and I work in a newspaper and in a magazine, I can say you that I realized many polls and mexican people think that the royal house killed to princess Diana. People said that the queen and prince Charles use her only for that she give him heirs.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by marian
As I am a jornalist, and I work in a newspaper and in a magazine, I can say you that I realized many polls and mexican people think that the royal house killed to princess Diana. People said that the queen and prince Charles use her only for that she give him heirs.
Well as a journalist, marian, you undoubtedly know that just because polls say people believe something, it doesn't necessarily mean that what they believe is true.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Nobility

why can't everyone just move on from the fact that she died. seriously, whether she was killed by an accident or other forces... whether they find out about it or not- WON'T BRING HER BACK TO LIFE.
everyone should move on, let her rest in peace, see her light shine in prince william & harry!
Old 07-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Commoner

Thanks for cracking down and not posting the picture here. I surfed out to see how others felt about it (I generally lurk, it's about all I have time to do infrequently!) and didn't even think that I might see the photo. I do not want to see it.

So thanks, moderators.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Aristocracy

Foto morente Diana,Al Fayed furioso
Collera contro settimanale "Chi"
A nove anni dal tragico incidente sotto il ponte dell'Alma a Parigi, ora la foto di Diana morente, pubblicata dal settimanale Chi, a far infuriare la stampa britannica e Mohammed Al Fayed, il cui figlio Dodi mor con la principessa. La notizia della pubblicazione sulle prime pagine di tutti i giornali, che criticano con toni indignati la decisione del giornale italiano. Il magnate egiziano si detto rattristato e furioso....

http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/mondo/articol...olo318850.shtml

Italian gossip magazine chi has published the photo of lady immediately after the accident before she died. in this picture her face is hidden. basically, the article above says mr al fayed as well as prince charles are said to be furious and at the same time sad of the fact the photo was published. they say that no care was taken on the 'intimacy' of the moment and on what her loved ones would feel once these saw the photos. charles has as yet not excluded the chance to sue the magazine. morover, kim knott, who has been reported to be the author of the picture has disclaimed himself, saying that his only ever relation with diana was when he photographed her for a christmas card.

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, inquest, princess diana