Remembering Diana [TRF Article]

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ennyllorac

Royal Highness
Country
United States

In the years following the death of Diana Princess of Wales, former employees, friends, and journalists have been busy publishing increasingly scandalous and lurid accounts of her life. This article is a plea for tolerance and moderation in media coverage of Diana and a celebration of her positive contributions to charity and family.

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
Bravo! Diana was truly a wonderful young woman. We should remember all the good things she did and how she made people happy. You are quite right when you say all the other things mean nothing. The press will always find something to write about now that she is no longer alive but we should not let the negative change what we think or how we feel about a truly remarkable young woman who left her mark on this crazy world and was indeed the peoples princess. Thanks for sharing.:flowers:

We strive to give all points of view a fair hearing!

There are some relevant threads in the forum that you might be interested in, if you haven't already found them:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f38/diana-s-charity-work-patronages-11254.html

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f38/why-do-you-like-diana-7271.html[
Sorry Elspeth, was I not supposed to comment on the article? Didnt mean to put my two cents in where it doesnt belong. I was just agreeing with the author. I will be careful next time. Thanks.:flowers:

No, please don't worry, your comment was perfectly appropriate, and I'm sure Casiraghitrio must have been very pleased to see that her article had been received in the spirit it was intended.

I was just saying that our articles, and hopefully our threads, try to explore many different aspects of royal people and events even though the press can sometimes be rather one-sided.

That was such a wonderful article, thank you so much CasiraghiTrio for writing it. :flowers:

Great article Ashley ! I love how you presented her work for charities and how she's still making things change even if she's no longer with us. Thanks for writing this amazing tribute :flowers:

Very enjoyable. I like your description of her "magical radiance." That's how I always thought of her, and what I miss.

I think she'd be very proud of her sons, especially Harry's interest in the orphanage in Africa.

Thank you for the nice comments. I am sincerely glad that the article "spoke" to some of you out there. Pardon the expression. I have not been on TRF in many months now, but my interest and study of the BRF has not taken any significant hiatus, and I would like to write a follow up to this article, with possibly more emphasis on the evolution of Diana's media image, which I think has the most fascinating impact on the monarchy and media today.

Because of how controlled our information is, I've never gotten attached to anyone in the public eye/media/TV/etc..., until Princess Diana. She has, and always will have a special place in my heart. It's funny because I don't really fully understand how that happened. There was just something about her. She portrayed honesty and sinserity in this world where we are hard pressed to find much of that I suppose. Anyhow ... I'm going on & on when all I really meant to do was comment on the fabulouse article & posts.
Cheers. Nancy. :wub:

Diana, was a very beautiful, charming and caring Princess,the World is less enlightened without her radiance.

I miss her most on those occasions when the Royal Family is together is a whole on the Buckingham Palace balconey. Royal Ascot, Garter Day, and the Derby just haven't been the same for me since she stopped attended.:ermm:

Diana, was a very beautiful, charming and caring Princess,the World is less enlightened without her radiance.

I agree totally with you.I am a great fan of princess Diana:flowers:

Thank you for the nice comments. I am sincerely glad that the article "spoke" to some of you out there. Pardon the expression. I have not been on TRF in many months now, but my interest and study of the BRF has not taken any significant hiatus, and I would like to write a follow up to this article, with possibly more emphasis on the evolution of Diana's media image, which I think has the most fascinating impact on the monarchy and media today.
Thank you so very much for your article on Princess Diana . It captured her as fallible but fabulous as she was. Many kind thanks. I look forward to your follow up on Diana -that sounds fascinating what you intend to develop regarding her media image and I do not think anyone has really looked into it much.

In spite of the private travails and misguided actions that kept the tabloids busy and made the paparazzi rich, what stands out more than anything in the life of Diana is her humanity. Her brother characterized her as "the very essence of compassion, of duty, of style, of beauty...the unique, the complex, the extraordinary and irreplaceable Diana."11 Lord Spencer's most memorable tribute to his sister needs no expansion, but I might add just one attribute: the Diana to whom everyone, everywhere, of every age could relate. Whether it was the young and innocent bride, the troubled royal novice, or the seasoned and sophisticated humanitarian, there was something for everyone to relate to. This goes beyond saying she was a ''People's Princess"12 or a ''Queen in people's hearts."13 With every tear and every laugh, she was the princess in all of us.

CasiraghiTrio thanks for your wonderful article. I am glad you are around still and hopefully write about the princess again and her role in the monarchy.

I have been trying for years to find the words to express my feelings about Diana, the Princess of Wales. I think you as a writer hit is on the head with the above statement "with every tear and every laugh, she was the princess in all of us. Yes, it was like I knew her personally and felt some of the same things she felt. I really mourned her and did not understand why.
I think I do now. Thanks.:);):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom