Questions about sources

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was actually "GF" for Gladys and Fred, I believe, nicknames htat Charles and Cam had for each other. But as I've said, Charles apparently gave gifts to other friends as well as Camilla, at the time of his wedding.. I suppose in the spirit of thanking htem for being his friends and in acknowledgement of the fact that he expected to have less time to spend with tehm when he got married. So it is not IMO the "big awful thing" that Diana later made it out to be.
And they were nto going to let her call it off. and If Charles had goen to the queen to say that he didn't think the marriage was a good idea, and wanted to call it off, I'm sure the queen would have said firmly that it wasn't possible.

I think it would be a bad thing for a bride to see her husband giving gifts to an ex right before their wedding. To me it was inappropriate. Diana did spend time with Charles during weekends at Balmoral and with the Parker Bowles at their home. I think if Charles and Diana realized this would not work, yes, they could have gone to the Queen and say they wanted to break their engagement and she would then have no choice but to say she would call it off.. The Queen would recall the bad experiences of her sister who married Snowdon not too long after she was told by Townsend he was getting married. The thing Charles and Diana could have done was had an honest talk, preferably before any engagement happened.

I can see where giving gifts like Charles did to Camilla would seem very inappropriate in Diana's eyes but if Charles and Diana had had the "right stuff" going into the marriage, Diana wouldn't have seen it as a threat or competition.

I think to Diana, a lot of things made her feel threatened. One was that she did all she could to get Charles to spend more time with her and therefore, ended up resenting his role and duties of Prince of Wales. The gift to Camilla was threatening as it was a gift to someone that Diana knew Charles was quite close to. This even built up to be even more of a problem when during the marriage, Diana not only insisted that a lot of Charles' "set" were dropped but it also affected the staff that worked for the Prince and Princess of Wales. Diana was insecure. An insecure woman and a complicated marriage do not go hand in hand.

I think anyone would be insecure under those conditions. There also were some insecurity issues with Charles.

Can somebody help me. Who is the young girl in the front?
Greetings from Germany

Attachments

• 20230121_161845.jpg
    20230121_161845.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 41
Backdrafted photos say: "FRANCE-HOLIDAYS-DIANA

Photo taken on July 14, 1997 shows Britain's Lady Diana taken by an unidentified young girl for a jet-ski ride off the property of her friend Dodi Al-Fayed in Saint Tropez, on the French Riviera. Diana, Princess of Wales, and her companion, the Egyptian millionaire film-producer Dodi al-Fayed, died in Paris early 31 August after a midnight car crash. / AFP PHOTO / Patrick HERTZOG (Photo credit should read PATRICK HERTZOG/AFP via Getty Images)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom