The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Gentry

whew some of these pix just don't want to attach alot of probs tonight but finally here more again from 1985:

1. April 9 she's in Hereford wearing the old so familiar cobalt blue suit worn over and over and over most notably in Norway Feb 11'84
2. June 12 she's in Brixton wearing this emerald greensuit first worn in Canada in 1983 also worn in Italy and in London
3. May 24 she's at the Maiden Castle, Dorset underneath that coat is a deep plum coatdress worn again quite a bit in BC Canada 1986 also Aust. 1985 and alot of times in the UK
4. May 20 visiting victims of the Bradford Fire Disaster she has on a plain navy coat probably like what she worn when she was pregnant and in Italy (she had a hat on then)
5 & 6. May 16, in Liverpool again the deep plum coatdress with the striped falling bow
7. March 27 Luncheon at Fishmongers Hall, London in her raspberry suit worn in Canada 1983 also in London and also the Knatchball christening March 83
8. march 29 visiting the Cynthia Spencer (yes her grandmother) House, Northampton wearing that plum & navy tartan 2 piece again
9. March 19 she's at London Fashion Week in her 'dressing gown' well it was dubbed that cause it looked like she turned up in a fancy dressing gown however I since read that a pair of plain blue trousers went with this but she didn't have the nerve to wear it the designer told this I think after she died that was Bellville Sassoon
10. Horton Hospital, Epson with Charles the green velvet suit again

Old 10-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Serene Highness

The first was taken when she was working at the nursery school and was out on a walk and in the second, I believe she's holding a camisole top. I think! Correct me please if I am wrong.:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren
a few pics of diana, if someone has the information where the first picture was taken, in jeans and sweater with kids ? and if someone has more pics of that occasion please do send.
and in the second picture can you help me to figuer out what she is holding, if i am not wrong it is a bra but i am not very sure...
have Fun !!

Old 10-24-2005, 08:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
Thanks, Canadiana. It was Andrew's presence that threw me for a loop. I thought for sure it was some formal fare at BP. Does your photo collection mainly from the 80's?
Yea it does seem I have much more of the 80's then any other time I think that was the height of Diana's popularity in a way. I think alot more books came out then it tapered off a bit with the 1990's in a way then with the separation she wasn't in the royal family loop then was she??????
Old 10-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Gentry

1. Sept 11, at Burlington House Fair, London (B&W 'uniform' suit
2. Sept 12. Silver Jubilee Concert, London (one shoulder green gown worn most familiar to everyone in Aust. with the headband)
3. Sept 24 chinese Community Center, London (coffee coloured coatdress)
4. July 28 polo match (navy leaf dress)
5. Sept 23 airport departure from Scotland after summer holiday
6. Sept 12 again
7. July 4 Western Isles (3 days visit that was)
8. Oct 1: Swansea Concert Wales (purple faconne dress)
9. Oct 14: HMS Cornwall in her 'uniform' again with her flying saucer hat
10. Oct 2: Help the Ages HQ's London (navy leaf dress same as polo match above
Old 10-24-2005, 08:38 PM
Gentry

1. Dec 9 at fishmongers hall meeting David Frost (veryplain beige suit)
2. July 23, Lincolnshire (steel blue suit striped jacket plain skirt)
3. March 4 at 2010 movie premiere (golden yellow low waisted worn ALOT)
4. May 30 : polo match looking embarrassed
5. Nov 12: C&D departing Andrews Air Force Base Washington for Palm Beach,Florida (deep pink jacket & black pleated skirt first worn on hero WEst Germany trip)
6. Nov 14 , State banquet at Dorchester this is her 'white house travolta' gown
7. nov 25, 'Santa Clause' moive premiere
8. Nov 27, World Travel Market, Olympia, London (cream suit first worn xmas day 1983 but also JC Penny when she was in the USA a couple week before)
9. Dec. 16 - at HM Customs Heathrow Airport (red suit only worn here that I'm aware off)
10. Nov 9, in Hawaii on the way to Washington from Australia
Old 10-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Royal Highness

I think she once wore this gown and wearing a necklace, and what appeared to be soldiers in the background, like a review. It's definitely not the Australia tour b/c the necklace was around her neck, not on her forehead.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=205688
Old 10-24-2005, 09:15 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
I think she once wore this gown and wearing a necklace, and what appeared to be soldiers in the background, like a review. It's definitely not the Australia tour b/c the necklace was around her neck, not on her forehead.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=205688

No I wasn't saying these 2 pix are her in Australia I was just saying that that one shoulder sea green dress is the same gown that she worn to Australia when she worn her choker as a headband. Sorry if that's confusing??:o

Diana worn this gown 5 times, first time was Nov 29'83 (red dragon ball~~ this is where the soldiers are as I have that pic too in a book or magazine),
March 18, 1985 with Queen Mother , Charles & P.Margaret for the "A Passage to India" film premiere.
then she worn it June 13, 1985 state banquet for Pres. of Mexico,
Next which is the 2 pix I've shown is Sept 12. Silver Jubilee Gala Concert for the English Chamber Orchestra
lastly Oct 30, 1985 in Australia at the dinner dance with the jewelled headband.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Royal Highness

Sorry, I wasn't referring your two pictures posted as the ones from Australia. I was trying to make sure you know which gown I was talking about, not the occassion
Old 10-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsh1969
Corazon: In another thread you mentioned that Camilla was wearing a jewel from Diana? can you post the picture? It's so funny that all Camilla dresses has started to look like Diana's
Hi, yes I posted a camilla's photo with diana's jewel. I posted again here.
Yes, some camilla dresses look like diana's. Is sad but to much people it does not matter. for me (and is my personal opinion) it is a lack of respect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	diana-camilla collar.JPG
Views:	2055
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	205729  
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 10-24-2005, 10:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
Hi, yes I posted a camilla's photo with diana's jewel. I posted again here.
Yes, some camilla dresses look like diana's. Is sad but to much people it does not matter. for me (and is my personal opinion) it is a lack of respect.
How tacky! I think that those jewels should be saved for William/Harry's future wife or children. As for Camilla's dresses looking like Diana's, don't worry there's no comparison! Camilla will never shine in a dress the way the late princess of wales did IMO!

I don't understand why Camilla takes these hand me downs, I realize that they are precious, expensive and its an honour to be given such jewels for use but given the circumstances it seems wrong and insensitive for the ex-mistress to take the jewels of the deceased wife.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:40 AM
Commoner

where do you fine all of your pictures at?!
Old 10-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
How tacky! I think that those jewels should be saved for William/Harry's future wife or children. As for Camilla's dresses looking like Diana's, don't worry there's no comparison! Camilla will never shine in a dress the way the late princess of wales did IMO!

I don't understand why Camilla takes these hand me downs, I realize that they are precious, expensive and its an honour to be given such jewels for use but given the circumstances it seems wrong and insensitive for the ex-mistress to take the jewels of the deceased wife.
you're right.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 10-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Gentry

Wasn't that necklace borrowed from the jeweller? I seem to remember reading that.
Regardless, it was a very bad judgement call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002

Old 10-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Nobility

I also think Diana borrowed that necklace from a jeweler for that one evening. Its contemporary design also leads me to believe it wasn't in the royal family's collection.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

The necklaces actullay look different if you look close and I dont think they are Royal Jewels. There is no conspiracy or mystery behind Camillas wardrobe. She has excellent stlylist creating clothes that fit her well. They are truely unique. "Camilla Chic" is even a new word in the dictionary.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:58 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jean
I also think Diana borrowed that necklace from a jeweler for that one evening. Its contemporary design also leads me to believe it wasn't in the royal family's collection.
Plus Diana never worn it again. But I think it's very bad taste for Camilla to wear the same necklace but there's a good possiblity she would not have known Diana worn it??? I think personally she would do her best not to try and copy Diana in any way cause she'll come out on the losing end.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Nobility

On the first page of this thread, second post is a photo of Diana in a halter dress. It looks to be from 1980 or 1981. Does anyone know the occasion or date?
Old 10-26-2005, 08:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jean
On the first page of this thread, second post is a photo of Diana in a halter dress. It looks to be from 1980 or 1981. Does anyone know the occasion or date?
It is Diana at Princess Margaret's birthday bash in November 1980. Diana wore the brownish daycoat over this pink gown. Most pictures taken that evening were of Diana with the coat on. (also see post #5)

Photo: Photographers International

Old 10-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Squidgy, you surprise to me avery day!
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 10-27-2005, 03:11 PM
Nobility

Squidgy thank you so much for the info. To think she had on a halter gown under such an ordinary coat.....

Tags
diana princess of wales, pictures, princess diana