The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiana
Thanx Squidgy you might start to get sick of me posting pix . Although if you all are like me and I'm assuming you are you won't.
You're right - I never tire of seeing new pictures of Diana.:) And it is so nice that you take the time to describe the pictures, even though it is a lot of work for you. It's nice to put things in context. Thank you Canadiana.:)

Old 10-23-2005, 08:22 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy
You're right - I never tire of seeing new pictures of Diana.:) And it is so nice that you take the time to describe the pictures, even though it is a lot of work for you. It's nice to put things in context. Thank you Canadiana.:)
Well it's not a problem cause when I save pix I save them by the actual dates and I have a notebook where I have it all wrote down with more details of the engagement although some I know anyway cause they are very familiar to me.

From 1981:
going back to Coleherne Court day after engagement
at Sandown Park, Surrey
diana arriving in Scotland to meet up with Charles after his Aust/Us tour
C&D arriving at Heathrow after a break in Scotland
Photocall at Balmoral inScotland
State Banquet at Claridges
Trooping the Colour in carriage with P. Andrew
Military Music Pageant, Wembley, London
last 2 Wimbledon

Old 10-23-2005, 08:29 PM
Nobility

The picture on the bottom left, unsmiling at Wimbledon...do you know if that is the same day as she is seen on video leaving the Emanuel shop for a fitting? I think the top is royal blue.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:31 PM
Gentry

Here's more 1981:
wimbledon again (one with P. Grace)
visiting YEK (young england kindergarten) notice the paper crown
garden party withi Charles same ascot outfit
at Tidworth Barracks, Hampshire (LOVE the one of her facing the camera)
looking sulky at polo match (sweet though)
attending crathie church at Scotland (honeymoon)
2 behind the scenes at the wedding
Old 10-23-2005, 08:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana young........loverly face!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 10-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Gentry

Here's more 1981:
Info as follows~~~~~~~

at broadlands aug 1
Arriving in Scotland Aug 15
in Chesterfield looking unsure nov 12
London Film Festival Nov 3
Romeo & Juliet perf. (here in car) nov 25
James bond movie June 24
Gloucestershire Police HQ's March 27
turning on Regent Street Lights Nov 18
broadlands again (got this off ebay never seen it before seller was protecting it with the lines think that's the one I got here)
Old 10-23-2005, 08:48 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jean
The picture on the bottom left, unsmiling at Wimbledon...do you know if that is the same day as she is seen on video leaving the Emanuel shop for a fitting? I think the top is royal blue.
yes it is Lady Jean although it photgraphs more a purple (suit) with deep fuchsia top she worn it to wimbledon July 2 and at the Emanuels July 22.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

All the photos are so so beaufiful!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 10-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Gentry

These are all pre engagement day when the press was following her so from Nov 1980 to feb 1981. Oh except the May 1980 when she attended Lady Sarah's wedding.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

More fom testino book
Source: send to my for mail for GRA GUZZI
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	diana-testino1.JPG
Views:	254
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	205470   Click image for larger version

Name:	diana-testino2.JPG
Views:	424
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	205471   Click image for larger version

Name:	diana-testino3.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	205472  
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 10-23-2005, 10:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I must be the only one who does not like looking at Diana when she was young. She looks frumpy and boyish. The 80's did not suit her well. She is much better in the 90's. Much more beutiful and sexy.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

wow, great photos! so many that I had not seen before...
thanks for posting everyone!
Old 10-24-2005, 07:32 AM
Serene Highness

What a nice thread! I loved all the old pictures. Thank you all for posting the pictures, especially Canadiana.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:15 PM
Gentry

Loving these pictures!! Shame they got compressed.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
More fom testino book
Thanks so much Corzaon!:) I can't wait to see the Testino book. I have never seen pictures of her wearing this gown in the Testino photo sessions.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=205471

It's hard to tell, but it looks like it is Lot #29 in the Christies catalogue - this midnight blue Victor Edelstein gown that she wore a few times in 1993.

Photos: Press Association/Rex

Old 10-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

You're welcome, Squidgy
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 10-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Aristocracy

Corazon: In another thread you mentioned that Camilla was wearing a jewel from Diana? can you post the picture? It's so funny that all Camilla dresses has started to look like Diana's
Lady Tropical Paradise; this is an especulative site, and we are here because we have time to spare, my opinions and yours, are just that and nobody will get hurt if we express them. Have a great life.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:32 PM
Gentry

More pix all this being from early 1985.

first one is Feb 18 at the royal nepalese embassy she's wearing her romantic blue tulle gown first worn at a state banquet a month before the weddding she also worn it in Cardiff fall of '82 and in New Zealand april 1983 I think that's all possibly once more
2nd one is Feb 8 she's wearing her red coat & cossack hat which was popular with her 1985-86
3rd pic is Feb 5 she's in Essex I really LOVE this plaid suit she worn it many times with different tops, or different accessories or with a black cossack hat
4th is Feb 3 she's at a concert in Cardiff this is her "E.T." dress but without the jacket she's worn this several times most times w/o the jacket.
5th Feb 26 she's gazing lovingly at Charles isnt' she this is her lilac off the shoulder bal gown worn in London about 3 times or 4 but also in New Zealand in 1983
6th pix is March 6 she's at Goldsmith's Hall for a reception after attending a service at St. Paul's this pic is unique as they are photographed with the Queen most pix are just of them arriving for i
7th pic is April 7 Easter Service
8th pic March 14 at the Burma unveiling, W. Abbey she's wearing her very familiar winter outfit green velvet first worn back Nov. 2/83 when she visited the royal school for the blind
9th pic she's in Cornwall April 3 wearing a 2 piece check/tartan outfit which she again worn quite a bit most familiar would be at Braemar Games Sept '87 or Western Isles but she started wearing it early 1985 mainly that year to be honest
10th pic Feb 1 she's at Broadwater Farm in a rust coloured suit she worn in a portrait which has been posted here another time arriving from Scotland in fall 82 this was when she was so bored there and it was coming down the planes steps Carolyn Prides wedding was the next day
Old 10-24-2005, 07:36 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
Which ones?

On another note, I have recently came across a picture of Diana with Andrew at a formal event. It looked to be from early 80's, does anyone know which it was?

Yes she & Charles along with Andrew attended a performance of "Romeo & Juliet" it was Nov . 25 under this black cloak is her romantic blue tulle gown worn for state banquet first june '81
Old 10-24-2005, 07:46 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks, Canadiana. It was Andrew's presence that threw me for a loop. I thought for sure it was some formal fare at BP. Does your photo collection mainly from the 80's?

Tags
diana princess of wales, pictures, princess diana