Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 01:22 PM

She is so beautiful :)

Old 10-23-2005, 02:27 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
I have never seen a photo of the dress she wore when she went over to Dodi's apartment but would also be interested.

I have been looking through all the Diana photos on this thread and they are great. She certainly was a naturally photogenic woman and stunning throughout her life. I have always wondered how her style would have evolved as she entered her 40s. She would have been 44 now.

yes same here..i havent seen that pic aswell when she went over to Dodi's apartment..i believe it came out in the papers back then..i read that the dress she wore very elegant {like always :)}!! would bee keen to see it...

Old 10-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy
As Lady Jean suggested, this may be the gown you are thinking of? Diana wore this Christian Dior dress to the Costume Institute Ball in NYC in Dec. 1996.
OMG..thank u soo much...i was looking for these pics { if there are more of them they would be welcome!! :embarassed: } ..even though i like all of Princess Diana's Pics the first two are amongst my faves!! aww look at that laugh in the second pic
Old 10-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jean
Are you thinking of the the dark blue Dior slipdress she wore in New York , I think in 1996? It kind of looked like a nightgown, and she wore the sapphire and pearl choker with it.
yes i think thatz the one..it did look like a nightgown!! :)
Old 10-23-2005, 03:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiana
Squidgy that second pic I have to say I've NO idea which is annoying (haha) I'll be trying to figured that out for years I daresay. I cam upon this why searching for diana pix. This is a Spanish singing group and it was on their website. If you have the Christies Auction book this appears to be gown #76 which was refitted after she worn it in Oct 27'87 (the mary tudor look remember big huge collar and big crucifix she worn around her nec). I really thought this was from early 1987 cause of her hair but if this is really this gown and it sures look like it it can't be cause she worn that gown before the altercations fall 1987 so no way she could have worn it in early 1987 with the collar, neckline & sleeves cut off obviously so I think it has to be another time. which makes me think it might be spring '88. Cause her let her hair grown out quite long in late 1987 (& she worn it up few times) but by 1988 spring she cut it short again but my 89 she let it grow out again so that she was at times wearing her hair up. That's how I'm going about this, by timeline by the hair and now the gown. Also so far as I know she has never worn this gown publically so that would make you think private engagement?? As for what she has on it could be a piece of costume jewelry as she liked to do that remember the snake on her lapel at a rock concert so she liked to experience.
Canadiana, thank you so much for taking the time to explain the dating around the picture of Diana in the purple/black gown. Your conclusions make sense. Like you, looking at her hair, I would have guessed it to be early 1987 pictures, but as you say, if it is gown #76, then it has to be later than Oct. 1987. Gosh, you really have to do some detective work, to figure out some of these pictures!

And thanks so much for the link to the India picture.:) That is one of my favourite Diana cocktail dresses. The first time I remember her wearing it was to Russia in June 1995. I had no idea that she owned that dress for at least 2 years prior to that!
Old 10-23-2005, 03:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
Diana attend Chicago in 1996 before she divorces to Prince Charles.And Diana attend Australia after her divorces to Prince Charles in 1996 but Diana attend dress auction in June 1997 before she died at New York
Sara Boyce
Sorry Sara, I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. Are you asking a question?
Old 10-23-2005, 03:47 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
Google. you can go to search engins and find Diana sites they usually have alot of pictures. Sometimes you can scan pics out of magazines.
Another great place for pictures is to join an email group. I belong to a group that sends pictures that we find on the 'net or scan ourselves. There are big or small groups and since you generally have people from different states (US) and countries, you often see pics you've never seen before. I've been with my group for over 5 years, anyone interested is welcome to contact my privately.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:49 PM
Gentry

[QUOTE=Squidgy]Canadiana, thank you so much for taking the time to explain the dating around the picture of Diana in the purple/black gown. Your conclusions make sense. Like you, looking at her hair, I would have guessed it to be early 1987 pictures, but as you say, if it is gown #76, then it has to be later than Oct. 1987. Gosh, you really have to do some detective work, to figure out some of these pictures!

I ALWAYS thought it was that dress, too!! LOL!!
Old 10-23-2005, 04:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by skk
OMG..thank u soo much...i was looking for these pics { if there are more of them they would be welcome!! :embarassed: } ..even though i like all of Princess Diana's Pics the first two are amongst my faves!! aww look at that laugh in the second pic
Here are a few more pictures that Hello Magazine published ...

Photos include: Diana dancing with talk show host Phil Donahue and meeting film star Isabelle Adjani (in red) and walking with friend the late Liz Tilberis (former editor of Harper's Bazaar)

Old 10-23-2005, 04:40 PM
Gentry

Talking

Quote:
Canadiana, thank you so much for taking the time to explain the dating around the picture of Diana in the purple/black gown. Your conclusions make sense. Like you, looking at her hair, I would have guessed it to be early 1987 pictures, but as you say, if it is gown #76, then it has to be later than Oct. 1987. Gosh, you really have to do some detective work, to figure out some of these pictures!

And thanks so much for the link to the India picture.:) That is one of my favourite Diana cocktail dresses. The first time I remember her wearing it was to Russia in June 1995. I had no idea that she owned that dress for at least 2 years prior to that!
Thanx Squidgy. I really did think it was #61 first when I seen it so figured early & spring 1987 would be accurate. But more I looked at it I could see it's really the alternated #76 and obviously that HAD to be done after Oct 27'87 so no way it can be before then?? So that leave 1988 or possibly 1989 WHEN her hair was cut not when it was long and she worn it up although that was spring 1989. Right now I'm kinda figuring some time in 1988. I haven't checked my 1988 diary to see if I can figure it out yet.
Yes VERY obsessed with her engagements/fashions always trying to figure out stuff about new pix .
P.S. oh yea that 'russian' cocktail gown like you guys here I thought she first worn that to the ballet in Moscow I know she later worn it in London too but had no idea the FIRST time was in India '92. Amazing the things you can find out years later.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Thanx Squidgy. I really did think it was #61 first when I seen it so figured early & spring 1987 would be accurate. But more I looked at it I could see it's really the alternated #76 and obviously that HAD to be done after Oct 27'87 so no way it can be before then?? So that leave 1988 or possibly 1989 WHEN her hair was cut not when it was long and she worn it up although that was spring 1989. Right now I'm kinda figuring some time in 1988. I haven't checked my 1988 diary to see if I can figure it out yet.
Yes VERY obsessed with her engagements/fashions always trying to figure out stuff about new pix .
P.S. oh yea that 'russian' cocktail gown like you guys here I thought she first worn that to the ballet in Moscow I know she later worn it in London too but had no idea the FIRST time was in India '92. Amazing the things you can find out years later.
I'm beginning to realize that Diana had a very busy life as a royal. I followed her work while she was alive & she usually had at least 3 or 4 engagements per week, which to me seemed busy enough. But now, as you say years later, we are still discovering new engagements that she did. Good thing she was such an energetic person.:)
Old 10-23-2005, 06:00 PM
Gentry

charles & diana miami airport, may '83

RATS!!!!!
I have a picture of C&D at Miami aiport, Miami, Florida (May 1983) boarding a plane en route to London from Caribbean but it won't post here for some reason??UGH

P.S. As for diana's engagment think she did about 300 a year unless she was pregnant so yea busy girl.:)
Old 10-23-2005, 06:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
RATS!!!!!

I have a picture of C&D at Miami aiport, Miami, Florida (May 1983) boarding a plane en route to London from Caribbean but it won't post here for some reason??UGH
That's frustrating! I notice you attach your pictures directly to the forum. Have you tried posting your pictures as attachments or by using a image hosting site (which is the way the administrators prefer)? There is help on posting pictures & using Image Shack & other hosting sites on this part of the forum

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...splay.php?f=19

I hope you can get the picture onto the forum.:) I'm not sure if I know what one you mean - was Diana wearing a yellow dress?
Old 10-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Gentry

Yea it worked??????? So this is how it's preferred that pix be posted???????
Ok will try some more from 1984
Old 10-23-2005, 07:24 PM
Gentry

Thanx Corazon here's some from 1983
Old 10-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Serene Highness

You did it! Lovely pictures Canadiana - thank you!:):)
Old 10-23-2005, 07:30 PM
Gentry

More 1983 pictures:
Old 10-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Serene Highness

Canadiana, I have a question about this picture that you posted ...

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=205314

Is this taken at the memorial service to one of her uncles? And if so, do you know which uncle - is it Sir Anthony Berry?
Old 10-23-2005, 07:45 PM
Gentry

Thanx Squidgy
Here's some from 1982

that first pic she's wearing her claret coloured empire gown she worn first March 4 at the Barbican however here it's Nov 10 when she wasn't pregnant and it was a dinner aboard the HMS Victory, Portsmouth.
There's 2 pix of her in her mohair turquoise 'maternity' coat. The pic with the US dollar bill sorry about that but that's how it was when I saved it haven't changed it so that's why. She's attending the wedding of a friend Laura Greigg (her sister Lady jane seems to be next to her or part of her) she's wearing the same candy pink coat whe worn when she visited the Sony plant the next month (remember she worn a sony baseball cap & large safety glasses) there's 3 pix form Wm's christening there's one in a car (think charles finger is just next to his nose well hopefully LOL) there's 2 of her looking up which to be honest is really hard to find cause she was mainly looking down at the crying baby. There's 2 of her at a concert in her emerald green dress she worn for official engagement pix back in March/April '81. Lastly one of her at the Bruce Oldfield fashion show where all the eating disorder rumours started.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Canadiana, I have a question about this picture that you posted ...
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=205314
Is this taken at the memorial service to one of her uncles? And if so, do you know which uncle - is it Sir Anthony Berry?
Yes it is it's December 5 and it's Anthony Berry.
I have a pic of her at Lord Femoy (her uncle who killed himself) funeral (Well on her way) Aug 22 she was pregnant then and here she is in her car.
not sure if I should post the details or not but here it is
2nd pic this is C&D greeting a state leader at Windsor Castle,
C&D at polo match april 29, diana at British Legion Remembrance at Royal Festival Hall, Royal Princess boat Launch (red suit & beret), at Hammersmith Hospital (raspberry suit), Grocers Company Reception (wearing that blue chiffon she also worn when she was at Cardiff City Hall and gave a speech party in Welsh), C&D at Jewish Welfare Board Dinner (wearing that red gold fleck gown first worn June 24 '81 for the "For your Eyes Only" bond movie , Barnardos eng (hair pinned back) .

Tags
diana princess of wales, pictures, princess diana