The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
I agree with you Warren, it makes me sad to see all these photos of her being hunted by photographers, especially considering her fate.
but I cant deny that I like seeing photos of her in private. Its those photos I save and pays attention to...
Thanks Yennie. Maybe I should have made myself more clear: we all like to see natural shots because they give us some inkling of "what she was really like"; telephoto pararazzi pics if they are good ones we don't mind because it's not our privacy being invaded and we understand that Diana would have been aware there were cameras trained on her whenever she ventured outdoors.

But the many pics of her being harassed and chased down the street are disturbing, and, repeating myself here, I was surprised they have so far passed without comment from our members. It's as if a "Diana pic" is the object of the exercise, without any understanding of what we are really seeing. From my point of view, some of these pics are showing us the very ugly downside to media and public obsession, which directly or indirectly cost Diana her life.

Warren

Old 12-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Gentry

Warren,
Yes, it is nice to see photos of Diana. And the images of her distress at the hands of the photographers is heartbreaking, knowing as we do the outcome. They do, however, give us a brief look at what it must have been like for her. And to help us understand why she may have at times seemed "irrational". Being "ambushed" having obscene things yelled at her, all for a photo, most of us would have hid under the bed!

I have enjoyed all the pictures, my personal favorites have always been the ones taken while she was "working". When Diana knew the photographers were there, doing their job as she was doing hers. I would love to see more of those.

Old 12-15-2005, 07:52 PM
Nobility

The reason why I like seeing the casual pictures when she is off-duty: they show locations she visited in her free time, such as Beauchamp Place. I like to try to figure out the location and visit it myself, in order to understand her "world" better.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
Warren,
Yes, it is nice to see photos of Diana. And the images of her distress at the hands of the photographers is heartbreaking, knowing as we do the outcome. They do, however, give us a brief look at what it must have been like for her. And to help us understand why she may have at times seemed "irrational". Being "ambushed" having obscene things yelled at her, all for a photo, most of us would have hid under the bed!

I have enjoyed all the pictures, my personal favorites have always been the ones taken while she was "working". When Diana knew the photographers were there, doing their job as she was doing hers. I would love to see more of those.
i agree Warren but isn't it sad that inspite of what happened to her, the press still treats celebrities and the BRF the same way.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Now that this thread is over ten pages long, I'm closing it and starting up part 3.

The new thread is here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-3-a-8351.html

Tags
diana princess of wales, pictures, princess diana