Diana, Princess of Wales Picture Thread 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a beautiful cake Corazon!!! Thank you for sharing that with us!!

Squidgy said:
Thanks for the pictures Yennie & Tiaraprin.:)

It's especially nice to see this picture of Diana ...

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=182496

This was the first gown that the public got to see Diana wear.

It was taken in early November 1980 at a private party to celebrate Princess Margaret's birthday. Most pictures taken of Diana at this event show her outside wearing a dark brown day coat over this gown. It looked funny - here she was wearing a plain coat over what looked to be a beautiful pink gown and she was also wearing some fancy gold or silver shoes too. I guess that at this point, she was still a "regular" girl who didn't wear gowns often enough to justify the purchase of a fancier evening coat. That would all soon change ...
Thankyou for this photo. This photograph was the first picture I ever saw of Diana. It seems like another lifetime.
Caroline Mathilda

Anyone know where this photo was taken? Its really small so its hard to tell :)

Attachments

• where.jpg
    where.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 2,711
Yennie said:
Anyone know where this photo was taken? Its really small so its hard to tell :)

I remember this event well - it was around the time Diana had just gotten her hair cut really short (circa July 1990). She took the boys to see Cirque du Soleil in London.

Here are some larger photos from the outing ...

Photos: Royalty Magazine

Attachments

• 1990 07  circus.jpg
    1990 07 circus.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 914
  • 1990 07 circus wills.jpg
    1990 07 circus wills.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 648
Squidgy said:
I remember this event well - it was around the time Diana had just gotten her hair cut really short (circa July 1990). She took the boys to see Cirque du Soleil in London.

Here are some larger photos from the outing ...

Photos: Royalty Magazine

aha, I see. Thanks Squidgy! You are a real Diana expert :)

Yennie said:
aha, I see. Thanks Squidgy! You are a real Diana expert :)

You are welcome Yennie:). And it's nice of you to say, but I am definately not an expert. :eek:The only reason, I know these things is because I am only 7 years younger than Diana was, so I followed her life from the time she was engaged until the end. So it's easy for me to remember some things ... while you would have been too young to remember much of the earlier years of her life. I think most people on this forum who are around my age & who also followed the princess closely, would remember a lot of the details/events of her life too.

hey Squidgy !
You are an expert and it is what i had been thinking...when Diana got married i wasn't born either, and i fall in love with Diana in 1992 when I was 10 and had missed alot of her.Being 10 I was too young, by then we had no internet...the way it is common nowadays and i never could buy all the material on diana the way i would have wanted. So I am always in the process of getting back to her and grabbing all the bits about her and whatever i have missed.
But i love all ur collection of her pix and your detailed information about them.
have fun.

The great thing about TRF is that across the broad spectrum of the membership there are so many individual memories and stories which we can share.

All of us can recall certain events or incidents which stick in our minds. By posting them in the Forums we continually add to the bigger picture for everyone's benefit and enjoyment.

Thank you all for the pics (though some are rather ... hum ... risquées LOL!).
I'm looking for my favourite pic of Di which I haven't been able to find on the net yet.
It's a B&W close-up by Snowdon, which is take as if he was on his knees before Diana. She is wearing a white shirt and bursts out laughing. A stunning pic.
If anyone knows what I'm talking about, please, post.

Idriel,
Is this the photo?

Attachments

• 1991 pose - wet.jpg
    1991 pose - wet.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 467
Sammy said:
Idriel,
Is this the photo?
YES! Thank so much :) !
I did not remembered it this way. I though she was laughing not just smiling. Ahhh memory...
Anyway, the pic is stunning. Thanks again; you made my day.

Glad it was the right one!
As memory serves it was actually a test shot, a polaroid no less! That someone working for Snowdon found years later! It was a "forgotten" photo!
But happy to hear that I made someone smile!

pics from scope featurespart 1

Attachments

• 06008057.jpg
    06008057.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 832
  • 06008055.jpg
    06008055.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 645
  • 06007684.jpg
    06007684.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 570
  • 06002183.jpg
    06002183.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 287
  • 06002178.jpg
    06002178.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 447
  • 06002177.jpg
    06002177.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 422
  • 06002176.jpg
    06002176.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 472
  • 06002175.jpg
    06002175.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 464
  • 06002170.jpg
    06002170.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 417
  • 06008062.jpg
    06008062.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 620
pics from scope features

part 2

P.S. If you want more from these web i can put more. Please send me a PM.:)

Attachments

• 06008063.jpg
    06008063.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 483
  • 06008065.jpg
    06008065.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 503
  • 06008066.jpg
    06008066.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 431
  • 06025703.jpg
    06025703.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 338
  • 06025704.jpg
    06025704.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 464
  • 06025705.jpg
    06025705.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 513
  • 06028868.jpg
    06028868.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 451
  • 06032453.jpg
    06032453.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 399
  • 06101196.jpg
    06101196.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 343
  • 06103490.jpg
    06103490.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 306
Google. you can go to search engins and find Diana sites they usually have alot of pictures. Sometimes you can scan pics out of magazines.

im looking for some pics from 1996 functions she attended..i remember the descriptions (sorry im having trouble seeing the pics that have been posted..having problem logging in to my a/c):
-this one was a dark blue dress(looked like a silk dress with net straps)..she is wearing a pearl n saphire necklace(choker?) with it
-she is wearing a purple dress with a pearl choker
-another picture i have heard alot about but havent seen it till now is when she went over Dodi's apartment for dinner at Park lane wearing a blue knee length dress(in the first week of August1997)...has someone got that picture??? i have been really looking for it..

any help would be much appreciated!! thanks

I have never seen a photo of the dress she wore when she went over to Dodi's apartment but would also be interested.

I have been looking through all the Diana photos on this thread and they are great. She certainly was a naturally photogenic woman and stunning throughout her life. I have always wondered how her style would have evolved as she entered her 40s. She would have been 44 now.

Are you thinking of the the dark blue Dior slipdress she wore in New York , I think in 1996? It kind of looked like a nightgown, and she wore the sapphire and pearl choker with it.

skk said:
im looking for some pics from 1996 functions she attended..i remember the descriptions (sorry im having trouble seeing the pics that have been posted..having problem logging in to my a/c):
-this one was a dark blue dress(looked like a silk dress with net straps)..she is wearing a pearl n saphire necklace(choker?) with it

any help would be much appreciated!! thanks

Canadiana: in the top picture you posted, is she wearing the sapphire brooch at her neckline, the same one she later made as a centerpiece of a pearl choker?

Last edited by a moderator:
Canadiana, thanks for posting pictures - it sounds like you have a fabulous collection. May I ask when & where the bottom picture was taken - I have never seen it before. I don't recognize that broach Diana is wearing either - is it one of her fake "gems"?

Diana was........was?.....she IS so so so beautiful. the most beautiful princess in all the the world

corazon said:
Diana was........was?.....she IS so so so beautiful. the most beautiful princess in all the the world

I think it wasn't that Diana was beautiful, it was that she had a lot of charisma and charm. She was very attractive. Unfortunately, that is now in the past.

maybe is now in the past, but me (and this a very personal opinion) when I saw Diana, her sad eyes, her smille, I cant think in a death person, I cant think in past, or future. Is only that moment when I saw a diana's photo, she is alive in that moment.
She not is death in my heart (in many many people's hearts), so a bits of her is alive, and will be alive forever. :rolleyes:

Yes Lady Jean that huge sapphire & diamond brooch she is wear in the first picture (Jan 29'86) was originally given to diana by the Queen Mother as a brooch Diana wasn't overly fond of brooches so she later had it converted into the very familiar choker. I think she must have been able to detach it cause she first worn that big pearl choker or most noticeable I should say to Washington Nov. 1985 and this is a couple months later as a brooch??? Unless of course she did have a fake one she worn as a brooch???
Squidgy that second pic I have to say I've NO idea which is annoying (haha) I'll be trying to figured that out for years I daresay. I cam upon this why searching for diana pix. This is a Spanish singing group and it was on their website. If you have the Christies Auction book this appears to be gown #76 which was refitted after she worn it in Oct 27'87 (the mary tudor look remember big huge collar and big crucifix she worn around her nec). I really thought this was from early 1987 cause of her hair but if this is really this gown and it sures look like it it can't be cause she worn that gown before the altercations fall 1987 so no way she could have worn it in early 1987 with the collar, neckline & sleeves cut off obviously so I think it has to be another time. which makes me think it might be spring '88. Cause her let her hair grown out quite long in late 1987 (& she worn it up few times) but by 1988 spring she cut it short again but my 89 she let it grow out again so that she was at times wearing her hair up. That's how I'm going about this, by timeline by the hair and now the gown. Also so far as I know she has never worn this gown publically so that would make you think private engagement?? As for what she has on it could be a piece of costume jewelry as she liked to do that remember the snake on her lapel at a rock concert so she liked to experience.
I have more pix wasn't sure if I could post them here as it says recent pix. I think there's a 'rare' section for pix somewhere here so I'll check that out. I'm new so don't want to be posting in wrong places and be annoying???:cool:

I think "recent pix" means not posted on the website before...but so far the pix you've provided are "rare" compared to many photos posted of her or others. It 's confusing since the subject of this thread has unfortunately passed on. PLEASE keep posting!

THe sapphire brooch I agree is either a faux copy or it was easily removable from the pearls. I only remember two other events when she wore it as a brooch: Q. Beatrix's visit evening event 1982 w/the sash, and 1982 eve. at 10 Downing St. Those two pre-date the choker's existence. Yes if she hadn't changed her hairstyle from time to time it wouldn't be so easy to estimate the years of the pictures.

Ennyllorac said:
I think it wasn't that Diana was beautiful, it was that she had a lot of charisma and charm. She was very attractive. Unfortunately, that is now in the past.

Diana WAS beautiful and IS still beautiful in our hearts!! I am so tired of everyone trying to whitewash her out of the picture--it isn't going to happen as much as many would like it to. She is the mother of the future king and is still beloved around the world. Camilla can't take that from her.

Maybe this is #49 black velvet strapless with the white flounce on the bottom?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom