Preparations for the 10th Anniversary Concert and Memorial Service

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anybody know the official guest list for the 10th Memorial Service?

does anybody know the official guest list for the 10th Memorial Service?
They don't always publish the names of who has been invited, especially as this is supposed to be a private service. I hope they keep to that and we don't have leaks of who declined the invitation! :neutral:

They don't always publish the names of who has been invited, especially as this is supposed to be a private service. I hope they keep to that and we don't have leaks of who declined the invitation! :neutral:

Well it's going to be broadcast, no? So we will see who's here and who isn't.

Well it's going to be broadcast, no? So we will see who's here and who isn't.
I think it unlikely the commentators will be able to put names to all the invited parties who attend. :flowers:

By private, I meant invited guests only, no applications to attend have been allowed.

I think it unlikely the commentators will be able to put names to all the invited parties who attend. :flowers:

By private, I meant invited guests only, no applications to attend have been allowed.

Oh okay, thanks for explaining :flowers:. Anyway if the commentators don't have the list, they won't be able to see if someone's missing.

Oh okay, thanks for explaining :flowers:. Anyway if the commentators don't have the list, they won't be able to see if someone's missing.
As the pictures are published, it will be down to members of the forum to try to work out who was who. It will be no good asking me, I am terrible at putting a name to even a well known face! :blush: :ROFLMAO:

I guess it's safe to say Richard Kay is not invited. This must be why he is making such a noise about the known plans: everything from Camilla to the clergy and the others not invited who (Kay thinks) "should" be invited! :D

As the pictures are published, it will be down to members of the forum to try to work out who was who. It will be no good asking me, I am terrible at putting a name to even a well known face! :blush: :ROFLMAO:

Don't ask me neither. I can recognize someone in the street but sometimes the name just doesn't come up so easily :blush:.
Although I'm sure there are very qualified members who could say who's who. Thank them :flowers:.

Come fly with Bea... | the Daily Mail

.....................In a glossy tribute to mark the anniversary of the Princess's death - with profits going to Barnardo's - her ex-bodyguard Ken Wharfe recalls a visit to the family home, Althorp, with the Spencer siblings. ..........

Prince Andrew will be in Malaysia on the day of the service, but the royal diary for BP says Prince Edward, Sophie, the Queen, and the Duke of Edinburgh are certainly to be at the service.
It says nothing about the Princess Royal, although she is not down for any other engagement that day.
Clarence House says nothing about who will attend, strangely enough.

This article is rehash nothing new and that headline annoys me.

Martin Bashir interview of Diana is on Liftime now.

The same old diatribe we expect from the Mail. :rolleyes:
Virtually every source and media outlet carries the following:-
The brothers personally asked for it to be included. They have overseen all the arrangements for the service, including the music and hymns, helped by Diana's family, the Spencers.

http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/latest-national-news/Princes-tributes-at-Diana-memorial.3148156.jp

I am convinced the Mail 'insider'/source is mystic Meg! :lol:

The same old diatribe we expect from the Mail. :rolleyes:
Virtually every source and media outlet carries the following:-
The brothers personally asked for it to be included. They have overseen all the arrangements for the service, including the music and hymns, helped by Diana's family, the Spencers.

http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/latest-national-news/Princes-tributes-at-Diana-memorial.3148156.jp

I am convinced the Mail 'insider'/source is mystic Meg! :lol:

I do believe Richard Kay is not a malicious person, and he is a good writer, but this article about Charles "hijacking" the memorial service principally serves to show how, in fact, Kay is "hijacking" (or trying to hijack) the Diana legacy. I think he must be bitter because he is not on the guest list for the service. As I said, I don't think he is malicious, but he is bitter, and understandably so, but he is going about it all wrong. Well, time will tell.... Time will tell the truth, somehow.

I really don't understand why Mario Testino is given the status of Diana's "friend". Granted he is a well known photographer and his assignment with Diana turned out to be her last sitting. But really! It just seems to examplify how fleeting Diana's relationships can be if a photographer, whom she never met until the photo session two month before her death, can be labled a friend. If making money out of Diana disqualified Ken Wharf, Paul Burrell and Patrick Jephson, then so should Testino be uninvited. After all, he published a book and put on exhibits based on that one encounter.

Just looked at my TV guide and could not find a listing for the channel showing the memorial service for Diana in the US.

Does anyone know the channel and time?:flowers:

I read somewhere that BBC America will be broadcasting the service on Friday. Must be really early in the morning as with the time difference.

I just saw on CNN that Camilla will not attend the memorial service after all. What a relief!

I just saw on CNN that Camilla will not attend the memorial service after all. What a relief!
Britain and the media should hang their heads in shame and cancel the whole event, it was supposed to be a chance to unify the family.

What a legacy Diana has left! :bang:

Britain and the media should hang their heads in shame and cancel the whole event, it was supposed to be a chance to unify the family.

What a legacy Diana has left! :bang:

I agree Skydragon. It's so bad that some people claimed in the name of Diana that Camilla shouldn't go. Diana is dead. From that state I really doubt that she could have organised this anti camilla campaign :rolleyes:. She didn't like her, we know that but who can say that today it would have moved to indifference. We never knew Diana and even if we did, her personnality was such that nobody could have predicted her reaction nowadays. We can't pretend to know if Diana would have liked her there or not so it's not her fault if Camilla was pushed out by the loonies. Like any celebrity, Diana had her crazy fanatics but I truly distinghuish myself from this group like many others who are hurt by a regroupement of all Diana admirers into the extrem fanatic organisation.:sad:

The media, yes. But I don't know that this decision and outcry against Camilla speaks for all of Britain? Do you think it speaks for "majority" in Britain rather than just a fanatical faction of loony old ladies and their ignorant husbands who read the Daily Mail? :ermm:
I think I still have much more confidence in Britain as a whole, as a nation with many sensible people who are reading the Telegraph instead! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom