The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 04:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc
I think it is generous for the boys to invite Camilla to attend the memorial service to remember their mother. It will be a good gesture for the boys to invite both sides of their family to join together and put aside the history and look forward to the future.
I think Camilla will attend the event will be hard for everyone, not only the public but Camilla and Charles themselves. However they are not there only to remember Diana but also supporting the boys as an united family. As normal people, we may put our feelings before everything, but as royals,they would put personal feelings behind what is necessarily done. The boys are great!
I think the memorial service will provide an opportunity for some healing and closure, and I suspect the boys may have that in mind. I think they are rather special young men.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:09 AM
Administrator

I suppose this means there won't be enough time to arrange a Royal Wedding on top of the Diana remembrances and Diamond Wedding celebrations.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
I suppose this means there won't be enough time to arrange a Royal Wedding on top of the Diana remembrances and Diamond Wedding celebrations.
They will slip that little nugget in beforehand and hope nobody notices!
Old 12-13-2006, 07:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren

Well, maybe Catherine could start her own business on organising Royal events....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:29 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I am horrified to report that a couple of women I know have just got themselves some tickets, not because they thought Diana was wonderful, but, because they like Duran Duran!
That is truly a horrifying thought!
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 12-13-2006, 07:35 AM
Heir Apparent

A memorial concert for Diana? A great idea imo and one that is much more appropriat e than that sill fountain in London.

As for the bill, having done a quick ask of friends/family and colleagues I don't know of anyone who has a problem with this concert, even if the taxpayer ends up paying for it. What's a couple of million at the end of the day?
Old 12-13-2006, 07:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I find it very odd how this is being done on the 10th anniversary of a death. Surely if you want to commemorate a life you'd wait for a milestone such as a 50th? This just strikes me as very strange. The Princes dont want people trading on their mother's name - so they set up a concert and open it up to big businesses.
Why wait for milestones? These days memorials are held fairly frequently, just look at the recent memorial of the Buncefield Disaster. It seems that every year there's some occasion commemorating the 5th, 10th etc. anniversary of something.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:03 AM
Heir Apparent

The tickets have sold out in just 36minutes.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc
Inviting Camilla to the memorial service is a bit unexpected for most of us...
It was not that unexpected to me, to tell the truth.
If any Royal was invited then Camilla should have been invited as well. And given the strong and warn relationships of the Duchess and her step-sons, I was sure they would invite her, if anyone else was invited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Wow, that quite some speed!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-13-2006, 08:39 AM
Nobility

I think a concert would be great to commerate her life! 10 Years, wow, time has passed so fast.... I'm glad to see the Duchess of Cornwall attending too. Somehow, its just provides some sort of closure to the events that occured many years ago...
Old 12-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
wow! 36 minutes? ha ha ha I hope this event will be a great exist, for diana and especially for the people and organitations will be help with this great idea of the boys
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Courtier

yes It;s sold out... sorry..

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...diana-concert/

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ert/index.html
Old 12-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
IAnd I am still hoping that the Spice Girls will reunite...but now that Mel B is pregnant...its looking like that's not going to happen :(
Well I think Mel B is due around March, so there is still a chance it might happen.

I wonder if this might get broadcasted, I remember Much Music (similar to MTV) showing Party in the Park, so we the ticketless might still have a chance to see.

Map for the British Royals
Old 12-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
Well I think Mel B is due around March, so there is still a chance it might happen.

I wonder if this might get broadcasted, I remember Much Music (similar to MTV) showing Party in the Park, so we the ticketless might still have a chance to see.
You will be able to see the concert on the homepage of it as stream. While the quality is not really good if you don't have a fast internet access, you might be able to record it and burn a DVD if you have the necessary programmes. There is still time to get the equipment in case you need it!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Aristocracy

I was shock when I read the princes invite Camilla to their mother memorial concert. However, when I read father down it said Charlie and Camilla "cannot attent". It will not surprise me they decline the invitation.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Mum's best birthday present
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006570559,00.html

Concert for Diana tickets sell out

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../udiana113.xml

Diana ticket sell out in hours
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...556592,00.html
Old 12-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981[U
][/U]

Concert for Diana tickets sell out

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../udiana113.xml

Diana ticket sell out in hours
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...556592,00.html
diana is still very very popular in engalnd.
I read in a spanicsh paper that was 60.000 tickets, soon it will have more.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-13-2006, 02:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Swan Lake! Ballet! Classial!? the concert will have ballet classic?
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
Swan Lake! Ballet! Classial!? the concert will have ballet classic?
What did you think Diana's favorite ballet troupe was going to perform? Background dances for Sir Elton John? Okay, come to think of it, they could imitate "Candles in the wind" instead of swans... looks the same, I guess...
Old 12-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
What did you think Diana's favorite ballet troupe was going to perform? Background dances for Sir Elton John? Okay, come to think of it, they could imitate "Candles in the wind" instead of swans... looks the same, I guess...
william said something the love of diana for the ballet, but I hink that some money of the concert will go to the ballet that diana was patron

-www.theroyalist.net-
Closed Thread

Tags
anniversary, anniversary concert, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, memorial, princess diana