Preparations for the 10th Anniversary Concert and Memorial Service

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it very odd how this is being done on the 10th anniversary of a death. Surely if you want to commemorate a life you'd wait for a milestone such as a 50th? This just strikes me as very strange. The Princes dont want people trading on their mother's name - so they set up a concert and open it up to big businesses.

LOSSEAN said:
It's just great that her sons are at the forefront of organising these events - the memorial service and the concert. I love the title 'Concert for Diana'. It sounds so right. A celebration of her wonderful life. Though it was short, it had so much meaning for many of us. Though it ended tragically, there is so much remembrance of all that was beautiful and lovely associated with it.

I congratulate TRH Prince William and Prince Harry for wanting to commemorate this 10th anniversary of their mother's passing with such meaningful events. I love the interview and they emphasized that they want the concert to be fun just as their mother would have wanted. They obviously love her and want her remembered as she deserves. I cannot see any sign of ill-will or rancour on their part. So let's just support them in this endeavour and leave all the unfair speculations aside.
Exactly but so many people I call "haters" will try to say something negative about this great occasion.

Last edited:
Well, maybe the "haters" are just getting a little tired of this endless saga. The inquest will be over this week. If this concert is a closing farewell then fine and enjoy it - but then that should be it IMO. It should just be finished after that. Then we can all look to the future.

BeatrixFan we are all looking forward towards the future. But it isn't wrong to remember those who aren't with us anymore.

I'm not getting involved in this debate...

I just watched the interview with William & Harry about the concert. It sounds like the princes are getting very involved with it, and they seem very genuinely excited about it. I think Diana would be very proud of them. :D

politikgirl said:
I just watched the interview with William & Harry about the concert. It sounds like the princes are getting very involved with it, and they seem very genuinely excited about it. I think Diana would be very proud of them. :D

I totally agree with you:flowers:

come on people, the concert is a party to celebrete the diana's life don't the diana dead, the boys love so much thier mother and for them this is the best way to honred their mother, are their mother's boys.
The important or the point don't is if camila will be there or not, taht os a personal choice, she want go she go, she don't want go don't go, it's very simple.

The memorial is a event more formal, for eduation camilla was invited for be the wife of charles.

this don't is only a concert for diana's life, a concert do with money etc etc etc, is a concert for charity with diana's name, very similar to the freddie mercury tribute in 1992.

This event leave clear another situation, wills and harry suport the diana princess of wales memorial fund, many times the press said the boys don't was in good relations with their uncle for the fundation.

I said it again, this is a party, may be in 10 or 30 years, diana will be remember with a memorial service for be a princess for 15 years, a public figure and the mother of a king, don't with a concert.
william and harry were very clear, the memorial in august 31, the party in july 1.

Last edited:
Inviting Camilla to the memorial service is a bit unexpected for most of us. If this is Prince William and Prince Harry's wish, we shall respect that. They are the most important legacies of Diana, Princess of Wales. Being friendly towards their stepmother is a good thing for Wales family and British royal family as a whole.I appreciate their generosity on this issue.
For who shall foot the bill? I have no clear idea. I understand some British citizens are unwilling for this because this cost their huge money.There will be a solution either from Prince Charles using his Duchy of Cornwall fund or other sources of fund to memorize Diana, Princess of Wales.

love_cc said:
Inviting Camilla to the memorial service is a bit unexpected for most of us. If this is Prince William and Prince Harry's wish, we shall respect that. They are the most important legacies of Diana, Princess of Wales. Being friendly towards their stepmother is a good thing for Wales family and British royal family as a whole.I appreciate their generosity on this issue.
For who shall foot the bill? I have no clear idea. I understand some British citizens are unwilling for this because this cost their huge money.There will be a solution either from Prince Charles using his Duchy of Cornwall fund or other sources of fund to memorize Diana, Princess of Wales.

yes, you're right, i have to agree. if is william and harry's wish we have to respect.

charles used the duchy of cornwall for many things, and if he used one part for this is good for him, diana was his first wife and the mother of his children.
but here nobody said, william and harry have their own money, the legacy of their mother and the legacy of the queen mother.

they can used the diana money until the 25 years old and william will be in june

That was cool to see William and Harry's face, they are real HANDSOMES, wow!... I wish to hear their voices on the TV interviewing yesterday but I can't hear because I am deaf...:blush:
Awww, it is nice of them think of keeping their mother memorial and cencert alive, they must miss their mother so much. How sweet of them, they invite their step mother, Camille to be attended at. Their :heart: mother did a good job to teach them how doing matter and treating people as inviting their step mother. I respect their :flowers: wishes because of the Royal. I wish their best on 2 events of their mother.

love_cc said:
I think it is generous for the boys to invite Camilla to attend the memorial service to remember their mother. It will be a good gesture for the boys to invite both sides of their family to join together and put aside the history and look forward to the future.
I think Camilla will attend the event will be hard for everyone, not only the public but Camilla and Charles themselves. However they are not there only to remember Diana but also supporting the boys as an united family. As normal people, we may put our feelings before everything, but as royals,they would put personal feelings behind what is necessarily done. The boys are great!

I think the memorial service will provide an opportunity for some healing and closure, and I suspect the boys may have that in mind. I think they are rather special young men.:flowers:

I suppose this means there won't be enough time to arrange a Royal Wedding on top of the Diana remembrances and Diamond Wedding celebrations. :D

Warren said:
I suppose this means there won't be enough time to arrange a Royal Wedding on top of the Diana remembrances and Diamond Wedding celebrations. :D

They will slip that little nugget in beforehand and hope nobody notices! :ROFLMAO:

Warren said:
:lol::ROFLMAO::lol:

Well, maybe Catherine could start her own business on organising Royal events....

Skydragon said:
I am horrified to report that a couple of women I know have just got themselves some tickets, not because they thought Diana was wonderful, but, because they like Duran Duran! :wacko:

That is truly a horrifying thought! :ermm:

A memorial concert for Diana? A great idea imo and one that is much more appropriat e than that sill fountain in London.

As for the bill, having done a quick ask of friends/family and colleagues I don't know of anyone who has a problem with this concert, even if the taxpayer ends up paying for it. What's a couple of million at the end of the day?

BeatrixFan said:
I find it very odd how this is being done on the 10th anniversary of a death. Surely if you want to commemorate a life you'd wait for a milestone such as a 50th? This just strikes me as very strange. The Princes dont want people trading on their mother's name - so they set up a concert and open it up to big businesses.
Why wait for milestones? These days memorials are held fairly frequently, just look at the recent memorial of the Buncefield Disaster. It seems that every year there's some occasion commemorating the 5th, 10th etc. anniversary of something.

The tickets have sold out in just 36minutes.

love_cc said:
Inviting Camilla to the memorial service is a bit unexpected for most of us...

It was not that unexpected to me, to tell the truth.
If any Royal was invited then Camilla should have been invited as well. And given the strong and warn relationships of the Duchess and her step-sons, I was sure they would invite her, if anyone else was invited.

Little_star said:

Wow, that quite some speed!

I think a concert would be great to commerate her life! 10 Years, wow, time has passed so fast.... I'm glad to see the Duchess of Cornwall attending too. Somehow, its just provides some sort of closure to the events that occured many years ago...

Little_star said:

wow! 36 minutes? ha ha ha I hope this event will be a great exist, for diana and especially for the people and organitations will be help with this great idea of the boys

Zonk said:
IAnd I am still hoping that the Spice Girls will reunite...but now that Mel B is pregnant...its looking like that's not going to happen :(

Well I think Mel B is due around March, so there is still a chance it might happen.

I wonder if this might get broadcasted, I remember Much Music (similar to MTV) showing Party in the Park, so we the ticketless might still have a chance to see.

Oppie said:
Well I think Mel B is due around March, so there is still a chance it might happen.

I wonder if this might get broadcasted, I remember Much Music (similar to MTV) showing Party in the Park, so we the ticketless might still have a chance to see.

You will be able to see the concert on the homepage of it as stream. While the quality is not really good if you don't have a fast internet access, you might be able to record it and burn a DVD if you have the necessary programmes. There is still time to get the equipment in case you need it! :flowers:

I was shock when I read the princes invite Camilla to their mother memorial concert. However, when I read father down it said Charlie and Camilla "cannot attent". It will not surprise me they decline the invitation.

Swan Lake! Ballet! Classial!? the concert will have ballet classic?

corazon said:
Swan Lake! Ballet! Classial!? the concert will have ballet classic?
What did you think Diana's favorite ballet troupe was going to perform? Background dances for Sir Elton John? ;) Okay, come to think of it, they could imitate "Candles in the wind" instead of swans... looks the same, I guess...

Jo of Palatine said:
What did you think Diana's favorite ballet troupe was going to perform? Background dances for Sir Elton John? ;) Okay, come to think of it, they could imitate "Candles in the wind" instead of swans... looks the same, I guess...

william said something the love of diana for the ballet, but I hink that some money of the concert will go to the ballet that diana was patron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom