The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
The same old diatribe we expect from the Mail.
Virtually every source and media outlet carries the following:-
The brothers personally asked for it to be included. They have overseen all the arrangements for the service, including the music and hymns, helped by Diana's family, the Spencers.

http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/lat...ial.3148156.jp

I am convinced the Mail 'insider'/source is mystic Meg!
I do believe Richard Kay is not a malicious person, and he is a good writer, but this article about Charles "hijacking" the memorial service principally serves to show how, in fact, Kay is "hijacking" (or trying to hijack) the Diana legacy. I think he must be bitter because he is not on the guest list for the service. As I said, I don't think he is malicious, but he is bitter, and understandably so, but he is going about it all wrong. Well, time will tell.... Time will tell the truth, somehow.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Royal Highness

I really don't understand why Mario Testino is given the status of Diana's "friend". Granted he is a well known photographer and his assignment with Diana turned out to be her last sitting. But really! It just seems to examplify how fleeting Diana's relationships can be if a photographer, whom she never met until the photo session two month before her death, can be labled a friend. If making money out of Diana disqualified Ken Wharf, Paul Burrell and Patrick Jephson, then so should Testino be uninvited. After all, he published a book and put on exhibits based on that one encounter.

Old 08-26-2007, 02:20 PM
Royal Highness

Just looked at my TV guide and could not find a listing for the channel showing the memorial service for Diana in the US.

Does anyone know the channel and time?
Old 08-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Royal Highness

I read somewhere that BBC America will be broadcasting the service on Friday. Must be really early in the morning as with the time difference.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Gentry

I just saw on CNN that Camilla will not attend the memorial service after all. What a relief!
Old 08-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicgrl View Post
I just saw on CNN that Camilla will not attend the memorial service after all. What a relief!
Britain and the media should hang their heads in shame and cancel the whole event, it was supposed to be a chance to unify the family.

What a legacy Diana has left!
Old 08-27-2007, 07:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Britain and the media should hang their heads in shame and cancel the whole event, it was supposed to be a chance to unify the family.

What a legacy Diana has left!
I agree Skydragon. It's so bad that some people claimed in the name of Diana that Camilla shouldn't go. Diana is dead. From that state I really doubt that she could have organised this anti camilla campaign . She didn't like her, we know that but who can say that today it would have moved to indifference. We never knew Diana and even if we did, her personnality was such that nobody could have predicted her reaction nowadays. We can't pretend to know if Diana would have liked her there or not so it's not her fault if Camilla was pushed out by the loonies. Like any celebrity, Diana had her crazy fanatics but I truly distinghuish myself from this group like many others who are hurt by a regroupement of all Diana admirers into the extrem fanatic organisation.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-27-2007, 07:46 AM

Quote:
The media, yes. But I don't know that this decision and outcry against Camilla speaks for all of Britain? Do you think it speaks for "majority" in Britain rather than just a fanatical faction of loony old ladies and their ignorant husbands who read the Daily Mail?
I think I still have much more confidence in Britain as a whole, as a nation with many sensible people who are reading the Telegraph instead!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Please don't let's derail this thread with the issue of Camilla and the memorial service. The discussion about that topic is going on here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ana-13349.html
Old 08-27-2007, 03:22 PM

Its on BBCA at 6 am, I am central time zone.

Sherry
Old 08-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
The media, yes. But I don't know that this decision and outcry against Camilla speaks for all of Britain? Do you think it speaks for "majority" in Britain rather than just a fanatical faction of loony old ladies and their ignorant husbands who read the Daily Mail?
I think I still have much more confidence in Britain as a whole, as a nation with many sensible people who are reading the Telegraph instead!

Well dear CasiraghiTrio, unfortunately the readers of the Telegraph appear to have caught the Daily Mail bug.

Camilla: 'I won't attend Princess Diana service' - Telegraph
Old 08-28-2007, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
Well dear CasiraghiTrio, unfortunately the readers of the Telegraph appear to have caught the Daily Mail bug.

Camilla: 'I won't attend Princess Diana service' - Telegraph
Thanks for posting. I did read this one yesterday. I think it was this article which broke the news of Camilla's statement and the rest of the stories followed from it. The article itself seems to be free of taking a side and suitably delicate. Even Dickie Arbiter expresses empathy for Camilla's difficult position. But I guess I still stand corrected because of the comments to the article! It looks like even Telegraph readers are largely against Camilla going to the service. Some of them are like the "Diana fanatics". Others feel that Camilla is a good person, but that it's still inappropriate for her to go. Yada yada, etc. I guess the bottom line is that only time will tell, but maybe it will all die down completely (let's hope) after this week. Diana's death faded to the wind once before. It must do it again. People die. It's sad, but it's a fact. As another Telegraph article pointed out (posted in the Duchess of Cornwall current events) why should we be making the survivors suffer for it?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Princes to lead Service of Thanksgiving for Diana, Princess of Wales

Prince William and Prince Harry will both give readings at the Thanksgiving Service for their mother, Diana, Princess of Wales, on Friday 31st August 2007.
The Princessís eldest sister, Lady Sarah McCorquodale, will also give a reading at the hour-long service being held at 12 noon in the Guardsí Chapel at Londonís Wellington Barracks.
The service, to be conducted by the Reverend Patrick Irwin, Chaplain to the Household Division, will include two prayers specially written for the occasion by Dr Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury, as well as an address by the Bishop of London, The Rt. Rev. and Rt. Hon. Dr. Richard Chartres.
The arrangements for the service have been overseen personally by Prince William and Prince Harry, together with the Princessís brother, Earl Spencer, and her two sisters, Lady Sarah McCorquodale and Lady Jane Fellowes.

The two Princes chose the Guardsí Chapel for the service because as Household Cavalry officers it is their regimental chapel.
Among the approximately 500 guests attending the service will be many chosen to reflect the Princessís personal and working life. More than 30 members of the Royal Family will be present, along with 100 other family members, her godparents, 12 godchildren and all bridesmaids and page boys who attended the Princessís wedding in 1981. Former members of The Princessís staff, and over 110 representatives from her charities and other organisations with which she was associated, have also been invited to the service.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Thanks for posting. I did read this one yesterday.
I should also be noted that this paper also operates a policy of more bad than good Camilla comments. Of the 25 sent by friends and the one I sent, (all with our own email addresses), none were posted.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Serene Highness

i'm getting up friday and watching thanks for the information, my heart will be with the boys who no matter how old they get will mourn and miss their mother. looking back on the photos they seem so young and broken. the bitterness that has come the last few weeks has made me feel sad for them, an occasion of forgiveness and celebration of a life has been turned into something ugly and money grubbing and they don't deserve it.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Former royal butler Paul Burrell has been refused an invite to the Diana, Princess of Wales memorial service.

http://www.itv.com/News/Articles/Dia...al-invite.html

TheTruth, you were right to question the accuracy of the Dirty Mail, Burrell is denying any telephone call! Now are we surprised!
Old 08-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Nobility

I have a problem with Paul Burrell and Patrick Jephson not being invited...I know "Why" they were snubbed but they devoted years of their lives to keeping the work and image of Diana their sole focus and vocation.

They dealt with the protocol, the politics, the mood swings and wishes and whims of Diana to create the Princess we admire and love...

While I am sure Paul Burrell theoretically might not be as welcomed as Jephson, both the snubs tend to appear bitter and petty.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Serene Highness

Diana: Let the flag fly at half mast

Diana: Let the flag fly at half mast | the Daily Mail

These public displays of grief are just sentimental self-indulgence

These public displays of grief are just sentimental self-indulgence | the Daily Mail

The Royal Family have learnt nothing and Charles is too weak to stand up for himself

The Royal Family have learnt nothing and Charles is too weak to stand up for himself | the Daily Mail
Old 08-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Serene Highness

Diana's boys share their memories with the world

Diana's boys share their memories with the world | the Daily Mail
Old 08-30-2007, 07:37 PM

They're playing the National Anthem? Oh this really is too much.

Tags
anniversary, anniversary concert, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, memorial, princess diana