The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 07:25 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I think that Al-Fayed, as the father of the man who died alongside of Diana, must have been invited. He lost his son, and we must understand his grief. Sometimes, desperation push people to said awful things.

Vanesa.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Having attempted vigorously to lay blame upon the corridors of monarchial power, I see no reason as to why Al Fayed should be invited. The service has absolutely nothing to do wth him or his family anyhow.

Yes, his son died in the same car but Diana was not part of his family and Dodi certainly wasn't part of hers!

Old 03-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, Camilla wasn't part of Diana's family. And she's only their because William and Harry asked her to. But with Al Fayed he shouldn't appear at the memorial. He has caused the BRF great embarrassment and publicly called Prince Phillip a murderer. Fayed has crossed beyond the line.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
Well, Camilla wasn't part of Diana's family. And she's only their because William and Harry asked her to.
Yes, Camilla was and never will be part of Diana's family, though Camilla is now a part of her children's and a senior figure of the British Royal family. At first I didn't warm to the idea of her attendance but it is a fitting show of respect for her children who are Diana's legacy and in some way, a sign of respect for her predecessor.

Wherever Diana is, I'm sure she harbours no ill feeling for whatever hurt she sustained And I'm sure it has been that way since her tragic passing.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, your probably right. It is somewhat a sign of respect for camilla to show up for The Princess of Wales' memorial service. And I'am very sure that the Diana up there doesen't harbor any ill feelings towards Camilla.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
And I'am very sure that the Diana up there doesen't harbor any ill feelings towards Camilla.
Definitly
Old 03-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Serene Highness

Bishop in Diana memorial row

Spy | Peterborough | Opinion | Telegraph
Old 03-23-2007, 11:24 PM

Wow, if Rosa Monckton is in an uproar about it, that's something. But I wish this article had proposed alternatives.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:55 AM
Courtier

The press...be helpful?

I cannot share that delusion. I'm not on enough drugs!
Old 03-24-2007, 06:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Wow, if Rosa Monckton is in an uproar about it, that's something. But I wish this article had proposed alternatives.
Probably the only reason Monckton dislikes him and is objecting to William and Harrys' choice, is that he did not stand up to the other executors and her daughter lost out on any money from Di's estate. She also probably thinks she should have been involved in the planning!
Old 03-24-2007, 06:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Wow, if Rosa Monckton is in an uproar about it, that's something.
Perhaps Rosa could better direct her complaints to those responsible for inviting the Bishop in the first place, ie Diana's sons. If the Bishop is not a problem for William and Harry, why is Rosa making noises? What does she hope to achieve by creating a minor controversy and distraction over Diana's memorial service?

It seems there are still those who see themselves as the most important people in "protecting the memory", somehow forgetting there are two surviving children who are quite capable of doing so. In this case, the sons' efforts to commemorate their mother are being undermined by none other than her so-called friend. The quesion is "Why?"
Old 03-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Probably the only reason Monckton dislikes him and is objecting to William and Harrys' choice, is that he did not stand up to the other executors and her daughter lost out on any money from Di's estate. She also probably thinks she should have been involved in the planning!
I don't think thats true. Rosa should specify her reasons for not liking the idea of the bishop at the memorial service.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I don't think thats true. Rosa should specify her reasons for not liking the idea of the bishop at the memorial service.
Why, basically it is nothing to do with her!
Old 03-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

She was one of Diana's closest friends I would think Rosa would have a small say in the arrangements for the memorial.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I would think Rosa would have a small say in the arrangements for the memorial.
Why? Aren't William and Harry capable of arranging a suitable and appropriate memorial service for their own mother? Obviously Rosa thinks not.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well obviously it looks like she doesen't have a role in this memorial. Its possible that she's upset that she wasn't included in any decisions on the memorial service.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Well obviously it looks like she doesen't have a role in this memorial. Its possible that she's upset that she wasn't included in any decisions on the memorial service.
If she is, then she needs to get over herself...and stirring up debate over the Bishop is NOT the way to remember or pay tribute to her friend.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Why? Aren't William and Harry capable of arranging a suitable and appropriate memorial service for their own mother? Obviously Rosa thinks not.
Well of course they're not! To admit that these two young men are perfectly capable of arranging their mother's memorial service is to admit that they had the incredible bad taste to actually grow up.

The Rosa Monkton's of this world would have them be tragic, bereft, motherless children. Forever frozen in time. Alone. Adrift on a sea of cold, uncaring BRF neglect. Ignored by a remote and unloving father. yada, yada, yada!

Now it's time for the 10th Anniversary and all these "close friends" of Diana's are crawling out of the woodwork, sensing the chance of another 15 minutes of fame. A plague on all their houses.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
She was one of Diana's closest friends I would think Rosa would have a small say in the arrangements for the memorial.
Why? The people that matter most at this 'event', are William and Harry, not one time friends. If she disapproves so much, she can always make her excuses and not attend.

What really makes me laugh about her 'dislike' of the Bishop, is that she was the chair of the Diana Princess of Wales Fountain Committee. Based solely on the fountain fiasco, how could she possibly lay claim to 'knowing' what Di liked or not!
Old 03-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think I already answered the question Why? She probably felt that the boys werent able to make preparations for the memorial service on their own. And was probably upset that she wasn't included on the decisions!

Tags
anniversary, anniversary concert, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, memorial, princess diana