The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Courtier

He is going to the church service but not the concert. This has always been the case.

Beside I don't think these article are that reliable, I mean if they knew he was going overseas then surely they would know where he is going.

Map for the British Royals
Old 01-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
He is going to the church service but not the concert. This has always been the case.

Beside I don't think these article are that reliable, I mean if they knew he was going overseas then surely they would know where he is going.
True. Aren't the invitations for royal tours extended months in advance, and the tours planned accordingly? It's not as if the royals wake up one day and decide to go on tour in a month or two to avoid another engagement.

I don't see anything wrong with Charles not attending the concert. If it doesn't offend the Princes, then why should it matter to anyone else?

Old 01-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

it's the logic than he don'r assit to the concert
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea
Even after ten years he won't support the memory of Diana.
If you read some of the articles posted here (post 187) you can see why Charles and Camilla have apparetly made the decision to be out of the country for the concert. It was never the intention that they would be at the concert, only the memorial service and has nothing to do with supporting the memory of Diana or not.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know why Charles feels that He would overshadow the boys when his own ex-wife and sons are more popular with this generation than he is.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:34 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I don't know if Charles said that but he did overshadow Wills and Harry during the Ant and Dec interview and Ant and Dec's audience are closer to Wills' and Harry's age than Charles is.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 01-06-2007, 01:39 AM
Royal Highness

I think it illustrates Charles (and Camilla's) sensitivity to both William and Harry's feelings as well as the feeling of the concert goers to be gracefully absent from the event. No doubt a lot of the attendees would have been Diana fans. Charles and Camilla's absence will allow everyone to enjoy the event, a celebration of Diana's life, without drudging up the unpleasant memories. It's not so much of Charles overshadowing his sons, but what the media will make of his presence at the event. I really respect a man who would take such an extraordinary step to honor an ex-wife.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
I don't know why Charles feels that Hewould overshadow the boys when his own ex-wife and sons are more popular with this generation than he is.
I suppose that is something only a Di fan would agree with. Here in the UK, whilst there are still people who admire the work she did, it is past the celebrity worship that was there in the 90's, IMO. Each generation has it's own favorites within the royal family, as with singers & actors.

It is obvious that if Charles and Camilla were present at the concert, the lenses would frequently be trained on them, therefore Charles and Camilla have decided to ensure that it is William and Harry who get the attention.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

william and harry (and diana of course) wil be the attention, ith or without camilla and charles there.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

English National Ballet To Perform In Princess Diana Anniversary Tribute Concert

English National Ballet is delighted to be dancing the most spectacular scene from Princess Diana’s favourite ballet Swan Lake as part of the charity tribute concert in Wembley Arena on 1 July 2007.
English National Ballet is thrilled to be honouring Princess Diana in this way. The Princess was made Patron of English National Ballet in 1989 and remained so up until her death in 1997. The Company was fortunate enough to be the only arts organization with which she continued her involvement when she resigned from more than 100 other charities in 1996. She was the Company’s greatest ambassador, one of our staunchest allies and a great friend of both the Company and many of its individual members of staff.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
william and harry (and diana of course) wil be the attention, ith or without camilla and charles there.
William and Harry will now have all the attention of the press, as Charles and Camilla have ensured by their absence. Diana's memory will have some of the attention as well, not Diana herself!
as Incas so eloquently put it - It's not so much of Charles overshadowing his sons, but what the media will make of his presence at the event.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thats wonderful that the english ballet will perform a scene from swan lake. I'am sure they will dazzle the audience.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
Thats wonderful that the english ballet will perform a scene from swan lake. I'am sure they will dazzle the audience.
yes, that is a great news, diana loved so much the ballet

william and harry wil be the centre of attention for a reason very simple, this will be the first diana tribute with them
the people than will be there going for diana's memory and for the help to the different charitys, with camilla and charles there or not, the concert is a party for to celebrete the diana life, not if camilla and charles go or not.

if charles don't want go is his desition, william and harry want this concert because for them is the best way to honred to their mother.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-07-2007, 03:31 AM
Courtier

Yes, I think if Charles and Camilla were to attend the concert, the camera lenses would focus on them from time to time, especially when others made tributes to Diana's life. Also, I don't want to the next day's headlines to focus on the reporting of Charles and Camilla attending his ex-wife's memorial concert which would cause negative feelings for many people.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Venue for Diana service chosen

Princes William and Harry have chosen the venue for a memorial service marking the ten-year anniversary of the death of Princess Diana.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/13032007/39...-chosen-0.html
Old 03-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Royal Highness

Prince William and Prince Harry announce plans for a Memorial Service for Diana, Princess of Wales
13th March

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news...673469249.html
Old 03-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

i don0t remenber the chapel, but if wiliam and harry chooise it sure is a ery good place

maybe saint paul and wenminster are very das places and with bad memorys for them
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 03-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Does anyone know if the concert will be retransmitted on TV? Or will come out on dvd ?

Thanks
Old 03-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth
Does anyone know if the concert will be retransmitted on TV? Or will come out on dvd ?

Thanks
i don't know abouth the tv transmition, but about the dvd you can be sure that days after the show will be come out
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 03-13-2007, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anybody know if Rome has BBC since I might be there during the concert.

Tags
anniversary, anniversary concert, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, memorial, princess diana