Preparations for the 10th Anniversary Concert and Memorial Service

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon said:
Bishop’s role at Diana memorial ‘bizarre’

A CLOSE friend of Diana, Princess of Wales, has condemned as “bizarre and inappropriate” the choice of Richard Chartres, Bishop of London, to give the address at her memorial service this summer
Maybe the bishop comforted the princes spiritually after their mother's death and/or became their religious advisor and that's why they chose him? This memorial is for the living who want to commemoreta the late princess - the bishop is not going to speak to Diana but to her family after all.

I wonder why Rosa Monckton and Patrick Jephson are objecting to this now? They didn't raise any public objections when the Bishop performed the vigil by Diana's casket the night before her funeral, despite what they refer to as his failure to support the Princess when she was living. So, somehow, it's okay for him to do that, but not this? Baffling.

sassie said:
I wonder why Rosa Monckton and Patrick Jephson are objecting to this now? They didn't raise any public objections when the Bishop performed the vigil by Diana's casket the night before her funeral, despite what they refer to as his failure to support the Princess when she was living. So, somehow, it's okay for him to do that, but not this? Baffling.

I know, it is baffling. Probably they had some kind of disagreement with the bishop.

Jo of Palatine said:
Maybe the bishop comforted the princes spiritually after their mother's death and/or became their religious advisor and that's why they chose him? This memorial is for the living who want to commemorate the late princess - the bishop is not going to speak to Diana but to her family after all.
I see that all the above honestly doe's not matter. Obviously, even after 10 years, those who have been judged unworthy by the 'Diana' set are never going to be forgiven for slights real and imaginary.

That Prince's William and Harry have sought to mark the the 10 anniversary of their mother's death in such a way is wonderful. But that is what it is, a family memorial service. The invitations were sent out by the William and Harry to those whom they hold dear, or those close friends of their mother that they know.

They were not 'choosing up sides' for some awful confrontation. Who can forget Earl Spencer's public vilification of the BRF during his Eulogy? I don't think one member of the BRF was spared his venom, not least Prince Charles, their father and sole remaining parent.

Not surprisingly, it seems that William and Harry have moved on and grown these last 10 years, and Earl Spencer is invited.

If they want to remember and celebrate her life, then who are we to judge their choices in such a memorial. Perhaps they are the better men (or persons).

Though, the Spencers and Windsors have since been seen together in public, at the opening of the Diana Memorial Fountain where an exchange of handshakes, kisses and cordial conversation was noticed.

I see no reason as to why their mothers family (or members of) should not be invited :)

Madame Royale said:
Though, the Spencers and Windsors have since been seen together in public, at the opening of the Diana Memorial Fountain where an exchange of handshakes, kisses and cordial conversation was noticed.

I see no reason as to why their mothers family (or members of) should not be invited :)
That's the whole point, I understand they have. That being the case, if they can all move on why can't people wholely unconnected with them? :flowers:

MARG said:
That's the whole point, I understand they have. That being the case, if they can all move on why can't people wholely unconnected with them? :flowers:

Absolutely, MARG :flowers:

Of course Al Fayed wasn't given an invite. After his recent antics Wills and Harry had every right not to invite him.

He has become a twisted old man in the process of trying to make sense of his sons premature and tragic death.

He is, I think it's fair to say, a tortured soul!

I think that Al-Fayed, as the father of the man who died alongside of Diana, must have been invited. He lost his son, and we must understand his grief. Sometimes, desperation push people to said awful things.

Vanesa.

Having attempted vigorously to lay blame upon the corridors of monarchial power, I see no reason as to why Al Fayed should be invited. The service has absolutely nothing to do wth him or his family anyhow.

Yes, his son died in the same car but Diana was not part of his family and Dodi certainly wasn't part of hers!

Well, Camilla wasn't part of Diana's family. And she's only their because William and Harry asked her to. But with Al Fayed he shouldn't appear at the memorial. He has caused the BRF great embarrassment and publicly called Prince Phillip a murderer. Fayed has crossed beyond the line.

sirhon11234 said:
Well, Camilla wasn't part of Diana's family. And she's only their because William and Harry asked her to.

Yes, Camilla was and never will be part of Diana's family, though Camilla is now a part of her children's and a senior figure of the British Royal family. At first I didn't warm to the idea of her attendance but it is a fitting show of respect for her children who are Diana's legacy and in some way, a sign of respect for her predecessor.

Wherever Diana is, I'm sure she harbours no ill feeling for whatever hurt she sustained :flowers: And I'm sure it has been that way since her tragic passing.

Last edited:
Yes, your probably right. It is somewhat a sign of respect for camilla to show up for The Princess of Wales' memorial service. And I'am very sure that the Diana up there doesen't harbor any ill feelings towards Camilla.

The press...be helpful?

I cannot share that delusion. I'm not on enough drugs! ;)

CasiraghiTrio said:
Wow, if Rosa Monckton is in an uproar about it, that's something. But I wish this article had proposed alternatives.
Probably the only reason Monckton dislikes him and is objecting to William and Harrys' choice, is that he did not stand up to the other executors and her daughter lost out on any money from Di's estate. She also probably thinks she should have been involved in the planning! :rolleyes: :wacko:

CasiraghiTrio said:
Wow, if Rosa Monckton is in an uproar about it, that's something.
Perhaps Rosa could better direct her complaints to those responsible for inviting the Bishop in the first place, ie Diana's sons. If the Bishop is not a problem for William and Harry, why is Rosa making noises? What does she hope to achieve by creating a minor controversy and distraction over Diana's memorial service?

It seems there are still those who see themselves as the most important people in "protecting the memory", somehow forgetting there are two surviving children who are quite capable of doing so. In this case, the sons' efforts to commemorate their mother are being undermined by none other than her so-called friend. The quesion is "Why?"

Skydragon said:
Probably the only reason Monckton dislikes him and is objecting to William and Harrys' choice, is that he did not stand up to the other executors and her daughter lost out on any money from Di's estate. She also probably thinks she should have been involved in the planning! :rolleyes: :wacko:

I don't think thats true. Rosa should specify her reasons for not liking the idea of the bishop at the memorial service.

sirhon11234 said:
I don't think thats true. Rosa should specify her reasons for not liking the idea of the bishop at the memorial service.
Why, basically it is nothing to do with her! :wacko:

She was one of Diana's closest friends I would think Rosa would have a small say in the arrangements for the memorial.

sirhon11234 said:
I would think Rosa would have a small say in the arrangements for the memorial.
Why? Aren't William and Harry capable of arranging a suitable and appropriate memorial service for their own mother? Obviously Rosa thinks not.

Well obviously it looks like she doesen't have a role in this memorial. Its possible that she's upset that she wasn't included in any decisions on the memorial service.

sirhon11234 said:
Well obviously it looks like she doesen't have a role in this memorial. Its possible that she's upset that she wasn't included in any decisions on the memorial service.

If she is, then she needs to get over herself...and stirring up debate over the Bishop is NOT the way to remember or pay tribute to her friend.

Warren said:
Why? Aren't William and Harry capable of arranging a suitable and appropriate memorial service for their own mother? Obviously Rosa thinks not.
Well of course they're not! To admit that these two young men are perfectly capable of arranging their mother's memorial service is to admit that they had the incredible bad taste to actually grow up. :sick:

The Rosa Monkton's of this world would have them be tragic, bereft, motherless children. Forever frozen in time. Alone. Adrift on a sea of cold, uncaring BRF neglect. Ignored by a remote and unloving father. yada, yada, yada! :censored:

Now it's time for the 10th Anniversary and all these "close friends" of Diana's are crawling out of the woodwork, sensing the chance of another 15 minutes of fame. A plague on all their houses. :wacko:

sirhon11234 said:
She was one of Diana's closest friends I would think Rosa would have a small say in the arrangements for the memorial.
Why? The people that matter most at this 'event', are William and Harry, not one time friends. If she disapproves so much, she can always make her excuses and not attend. :rolleyes:

What really makes me laugh about her 'dislike' of the Bishop, is that she was the chair of the Diana Princess of Wales Fountain Committee. Based solely on the fountain fiasco, how could she possibly lay claim to 'knowing' what Di liked or not! :wacko:

I think I already answered the question Why? She probably felt that the boys werent able to make preparations for the memorial service on their own. And was probably upset that she wasn't included on the decisions! :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom