Paul Burrell, Diana's Former Butler

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it was very much a case of Burrell exaggerating his own importance in Diana's life. There were even reports, around the time of her death by some of her close friends/family, that she intended on sacking him.

I think he screwed the BRF and his own family and not the other way round.

I am referring to the trial not what happened before or after it. He was accused of stealing things and the Queen helped him out at the last minute? If she had stepped forward earlier could she have prevented the whole thing and saved him from the trial? And if so perhaps that's what sparked him to no longer feel loyalty to people who would hang him out to dry like that.

I think it`s a case where the Queen had a meeting with him where they talked about all kinds of things, including his having some of Diana`s possessions `for safe-keeping`. Then I think it went into the back of HM`s mind because, lets face it, she has a LOT of things to think about--all those state papers and meeting people and so on...I don`t have trouble with the idea that she suddenly remembered her conversation with Burrell. I honestly think that Burrell has delusions of grandeur. The real thing.

Pathetic

Princess Diana's famous companion will join Janice Dickinson, James Hill and Austin Armacost as part of a royal themed task.

Over the next few days, British Housemates will become members of Big Brother’s Royal Family, while the Americans will serve as their staff.

While it is currently unknown how long Paul will stay in the house it is believed his stay will be more than just a fleeting vist.

In fact he may not leave until Friday's live eviction show with show bosses hoping for a repeat of his bizarre performance on I'm a Celeb back in 2004.
Read more: Is Princess Diana's butler set for CBB TV meltdown? | Big Brother| News & Nominations from the House | Daily Star

Last edited:
:previous: "I have met some of the world’s most important people - Kings and Queens, Presidents and First Ladies, movie stars and The Pope.

"I wasn’t intimidated by them, so I won’t be intimidated by the people in the Big Brother House."

Brag, brag, brag. Yes, Paul, we know.:whistling:

Exactly. I was wondering whether his florist business might not be doing well.:ermm:

Exactly. I was wondering whether his florist business might not be doing well.:ermm:

I would imagine the flowers are still growing pretty well as it seems he's still got a lot of fertilizer sprouting from his mouth. :whistling:

Anything for fame and money....

I imagine he would need the money since quality offers don't seem to be coming his way. I mean, going on this show with all the Z-listers is pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel.

And the Americans will be the "servants"? That will go over well.:ermm:

Is he in need of some more publicity or money? I thought he had a flower shop or something. I hoped that he would just crawl away never to be seen again, not in the media anyway.

I would imagine the flowers are still growing pretty well as it seems he's still got a lot of fertilizer sprouting from his mouth. :whistling:

Water just got spewed!! :D

Just could not get the hand up fast enough. Good one Osipi!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Former royal butler Paul Burrell has denied that he was angry and hurt at private information being passed to the News of the World by disgraced PR guru Max Clifford because the story did not sell.

Mr Burrell told Deputy Judge Richard Spearman that the fax which Clifford sent to editor Rebekah Brooks in November 2002 was a "very personal, intimate and private documentation" of details about his life with the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the late Princess Diana which was not in the public domain.
Read more: Princess Diana's butler Paul Burrell takes Max Clifford to court | Western Daily Press

So to re-cap, Mr Burrell gives Mr Clifford various details about life with the Royal Family, then later sues Mr Clifford for breach of privacy as the information was apparently faxed on to the News of the World?

Rather ironic, I must say.

Paul Burrell, the former royal butler, has won a High Court privacy action against the disgraced PR guru Max Clifford.

A judge in London announced on Friday morning that his claim had succeeded - and awarded him £5,000 damages.

Clifford, who is serving an eight-year jail sentence for sex offences, had branded Mr Burrell's £50,000 action for breach of confidence and misuse of private information an "affront to common sense".

Mr Burrell said he hired Clifford to limit bad press coverage about him but, rather than stopping stories, he "betrayed" him by passing on material in a fax to Rebekah Brooks at the now-defunct News of the World.

In a statement after the ruling, Mr Burrell, who was not in court, said: "I am extremely pleased with the outcome and am delighted to have been vindicated by the High Court."
Read more: Paul Burrell wins privacy case damages from disgraced Max Clifford - Telegraph

Wonder if Burrell will ever see any of this money?

Plus, how much of it will go to his lawyer? The judge couldn't have been too impressed with his claim.

I still consider Paul Burrell an absolute grub without principles of any kind. However, I did find his recital of the Queen's thoughtful and considerate behaviour to him and his family over the years heartwarming. (See link above.) Thanks for posting the judgement, Roslyn.

He was very much in the wrong, but I feel a bit sorry for him. I think that the Spencers didn't treat him very well, givng him a job in the Diana charity that wasn't perhaps suitable for him, and then firing him and saying "remember who you are and where you came from..."
I can understand he felt bitter against them and I think that he's been pretty loyal to Diana's memory

I thought he went too far with some of the stories he told. For example, there was the one he told about Diana going to visit one of her lovers (might have been Hasnat Khan) wearing nothing but a fur coat. There was no need to tell very personal stories like that. None at all.

True, but I tolerate him better than soem of her other staff, who were much better educated and able to find other work after her death, who wrote much more critical biographies of her, like Wharfe.. what about hsi recounting a story about Willaim pulling off Dianas towel, in front of HIM? (which Im sure is untrue anyway)...

I tolerate nobody who worked for Diana and sold her out whether they were educated or not. Lack of education doesn't excuse selling someone out like Burrell Hewitt or the others have done. Every time her name comes up they all stick their hands up to be called on to tell the same story for the hundredth time.

wel Paul's mostly been loyal to her and spoken well of her, and after her death he was not left that well off. THe Spencers gave him a job at the Diana memorial foundation, and then fired him, so I think that at that stage he DID get angry and felt that he had been a good and loyal servant and they had been nasty to him..Whereas Hewitt was her lover, so for him to write about her was betraying thier love affiar and casting aspersions on her reputation.. and the other 2 were wroking for her and mostly wrote unkind and critical works about her.. and certianly Pat Jephson was an educated man who had connextions and could easily have found another job...

People always write books or articles about famous people they know.

Without these types of books there would be no biographies or autobiographies.

Diana is no different than anyone else.

Several members of Edward VII's staff wrote books about him.

Each person that publishes their memoirs includes stories about the people in their lives.

Diana should not be exempt.

It's always sad when a marriage falls apart and dies. :sad: BTW I saw one glaring mistake in the article: Paul Burrell went to Kensington Palace with Diana after her and Charles' separation. He was originally reluctant to go and wanted to stay with Prince Charles because he and Maria had their own cottage there IIRC.

I think that their marriage has been an arrangement for a LONG time now. I remember a few years ago his saying that Maria was into their kids and family and he wanted to go back to the UK where there was more cultural life etc. and I imagine that he's problaby basically not into marriage....

People always write books or articles about famous people they know.

Diana should not be exempt.
No people do NOT always write books or articles about famous people they know...

Last edited by a moderator:
So...The execrable Paul Burrell has finally flung open his own closet, rather than financing his 'secret' life by opening the late Princess' closet #30PiecesOfSilver

Back
Top Bottom