The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-28-2010, 07:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Where are you getting your information? The Spencers have never sold Diana's wedding dress. The dress is currently on display at Althrop. You can check it out here Althorp | Day Visits & Public Events | The Exhibition .

I don't think Paul would be or should be invited to the wedding. If he was Diana's "rock" he sold her out long ago. William owes him no loyalty since he has exhibitied none himself.
Thank you,I've read this information from Paul Burrell's book about Princess Diana(in Russian translation,surely it was something about wedding-dress of Diana,Princess of Wales).Or maybe the translation was incorrect

Old 11-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Where are you getting your information? The Spencers have never sold Diana's wedding dress. The dress is currently on display at Althrop. You can check it out here Althorp | Day Visits & Public Events | The Exhibition .

Well right now Diana, Princess of Wales' wedding dress is with the Diana, A Celebration exhibit in Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA. I just saw it today. The dress bead work and material is beautiful. I just wish the dress was less ruffly at the shoulders. It is going back to Althorp in Feb.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Administrator

But aren't there two dresses? The main dress and a back up one...I recall reading that somewhere.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I remember that there was an over-skirt made that could be slipped over the original skirt if something was spilled on it. And there was a toile made that the designers worked with.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
But aren't there two dresses? The main dress and a back up one...I recall reading that somewhere.
Zonk, you jogged my memory. There were two dresses. I don't know what happen with the second dress.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Welp...this is interesting

Former butler Paul Burrell to commentate on royal wedding | WORLD News
Old 11-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Really? Can't this guy just quietly fade away.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Really? Can't this guy just quietly fade away.
Paul Burrell....No.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am disgusted....
Old 11-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I am disgusted....
But not surprised though?

Old 11-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Nobility

But he'll be a commentator for Fox, an American station -- hardly the reconciliation he said he wanted with Prince William.
'“Paul knows Diana would want he and William to be on good terms, so the situation saddens him,” we’re told.' (from the Express article).
So he claims to know what Princess Diana wanted better than her own son?
Old 11-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Majesty

I think he might almost be right here but he forgets where the blame lies for the split - it was his claims to be 'her rock' and writing books about her. He stopped any chance of good terms but of course he may be right that Diana would have liked her sons to be on good terms and they may still have been that way except that he betrayed Diana.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I think he might almost be right here but he forgets where the blame lies for the split - it was his claims to be 'her rock' and writing books about her. He stopped any chance of good terms but of course he may be right that Diana would have liked her sons to be on good terms and they may still have been that way except that he betrayed Diana.
Well, that makes sense to me.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Serene Highness

The Savoy's head butler claims 'Paul Burrells of this world should be shot'

Read more: The Savoy's head butler claims 'Paul Burrells of this world should be shot' | Mail Online
Old 12-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
This doesn't surprise me at all. I fully expected it considering his only claim to fame (and money) is his ties to the Royal family and his rather creepy obsession with Diana. He will irk out every $ he can from this wedding even though he knows William and the Royal family want nothing to do with him.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
As usual Fox has grabbed the wrong end of the stick. Flashbacks of the early 80s wedding aren't welcome or relative to this sparkling new occasion. Leave it to PB to brag re the 'top table', as if he sat at it rather than served it. This will further alienate him from Prince William and cast a pall of gloom that should remain buried. This character is too morbid and money grubbing by any standard.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02 View Post
The Savoy's head butler claims 'Paul Burrells of this world should be shot'

Read more: The Savoy's head butler claims 'Paul Burrells of this world should be shot' | Mail Online
Am I right that this article says Paul Burrell has published a third book? ( about the POW)
Old 12-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Administrator

The article states "The Savoy's Sean Davoren claims 'the Paul Burrells of this world should be shot' after the Princess of Wales' former servant published a book detailing his time by her side."
There is nothing about "a third book".
Old 12-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Serene Highness

He does or says anything to promote or in the media.

paul burrell: Kate middleton is a moderniser

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Day & Night :: Paul Burrell: Kate Middleton is a moderniser
Old 12-08-2010, 12:30 AM
Commoner

It's a pity that Paul Burrell still hasn't realized that the less said the better. I think he's stating the obvious about Kate in an attempt to win favor with Prince William, but it's too late. The damage was done.

Tags
diana princess of wales, paul burrell, princess diana, tabloid press