Paul Burrell, Diana's Former Butler

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:
Mermaid 1962, you probably didn't see it, but one cannot forget the "American Princess". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well ... Mr.Burrell's sole focus continues to be the money making. At this point in time I would say that his reputation is beyond repair. He is fully aware of the fact that he has become and will remain a persona non-grata. Hopefully money will make up for other things such as family and friends.

"I don't think she would mind me telling you about this..."

Right. She loved it when other people blabbed to the press about her. Sigh...

Yet he still says in his books he has kept some of her secrets. I really don't think Diana would have been surprised at him saying these things, as everyone liked to talk to the press about her.I'm sure she wouldn't have liked it, though.

Yet he still says in his books he has kept some of her secrets. I really don't think Diana would have been surprised at him saying these things, as everyone liked to talk to the press about her.I'm sure she wouldn't have liked it, though.

If he was as close to her as he claims he would know that she would mind very much him telling these things. Someone, like me who disliked her from Day 1, knows that so why doesn't someone who was supposedly her confidante.

I think he's deluded himself into thinking their relationship was something it wasn't. He'd have been frozen out quick smart - and sacked, too, since he was a servant, not a friend - for saying such things. We all know that, how come he doesn't. :bangin:

But she did say an awful lot to the press, the bbc interview, but I suppose it is different if you chose to talk about personal matters to the press or when someone else talks about you.

IMO there is probably very little else of much interest nowadays that could be written about Diana, bearing in mind she was only 36 when she died and her death was almost 12 years ago. We know more about Diana than I think anybody would ever need to know about someone else. Perhaps a fictional story could be written about a deluded, obsessed and talentless former servant who just might be capable of folding a few napkins for a dinner party and setting out abit of cutlery but lacks much taste elsewhere. Then again the line between fiction and reality is often very lightly drawn.

I think he had a very hard time letting go of Diana and what he was in Diana's lifetime, is the impression I got from reading all of his books, as well as others about Diana. So I think his talking about her is among other things, his way to hang onto what he was in her lifetime, and his way to hang onto her. I agree she wouldn't have wanted him talking to the press, she did so, but on her own terms and she froze out anyone who didn't do as she wished there.

"I don't think she would mind me telling you about this..."

Right. She loved it when other people blabbed to the press about her. Sigh...

Quite right. Diana strived at the end of her life to avoid the press. Paul is exploiting the princess and it's awful to see him doing this. He can no longer call himself her friend, or confidente. A confidente keeps what he or she has been told, not blabs to the press whenever he gets a chance.€
x

I think he's deluded himself into thinking their relationship was something it wasn't. He'd have been frozen out quick smart - and sacked, too, since he was a servant, not a friend - for saying such things. We all know that, how come he doesn't. :bangin:

I am new but I have been browsing for some time and I think that Roslyn is right, he was a servant and the Princess was far too much the aristocrat to confide her intimate life to him. He is living a fantasy life and while he is doing it is making a fortune.

Diana though didn't have the usual aristocratic attitude towards servants. She was often found while married to Charles in the kitchen talking to the servants. I believe the RF frowned on this. She was also friendly with Barry Mannakee, the guy who died in a motorcycle accident. He was her bodyguard, and some said though it's not proven, they were lovers. Anyway, she was unusually friendly with servants. But that doesn't mean she and Burrell was as close as claimed, who knows on that one. Certainly, she wouldn't be happy that he has written a few books on her and talked to the media. But I think Burell is very attached to the time he was in her service and to her memory, in a genuine way, and it's hard to move on, especially considering he was no longer a royal servant after her death. That's just my perspective.

i think he was one of those people that ate, breathed, slept and lived his job so even the smallest thing would make him believe that he was privy to the most personal information.

Yes, that's the impression I got too. I guess if you want to look at one way, it's good he was dedicated to his job. But I think that made it harder for him to move on. I got the impression from his books, especially the earlier ones that not having that job was quite devastating for him. I once lost a job I really loved and reading his words reminded me of how hard it was to move on from my job, so I do think that was the case with him.

Delusions of grandeur of a servant. He has not properly performed his duties by telling tales about the painful past of a princess. Would she like him to hurt her sons this way?

Delusions of grandeur again.... as if his person had any importance in the life of the Princes.... obviously he has some illusions about himself.

I honestly don't have anything against this guy. He seemed very supportive of the Princess.
But I'm a bit put off by this article. Time to move on, Paul.:whistling:

I met Mr Burrell in North Carolina at the High Point Home Furnishings market, where he was launching his line a couple of years ago. He did not seem mentally unbalanced....

I think Burrell an DELUSIONAL being. Completely pathetic and ridicule.

Lucia Flecha de Lima and Vivienne Perry says he never was a close friend, confident and he was an snooper.

What I find even more pathetic about him is that in his 2 books he says Lucia Flecha de Lima was her best friend, figure of mother and Diana talks everything to her, anyone who followed the life of Diana in the 1990s or read a couple of books on her will know this. And Lucia herself denied Burrel was an close friend, confident he was only an trusted employee and she claims/guarantee he faked the letter.

His reputation is largely built on being known as Diana's 'rock', but Patrick Jephson, who was her private secretary for eight years, long ago made it plain that she used the same word about practically everyone in her team.

Yesterday Princess Margaret's old chauffeur, David Griffin, who for years was a neighbour at Kensington Palace, expressed amazement at the way Burrell continues to promote himself as the central figure in Diana's life.

'I still remember the day, not long before she died, when she came out of her house moaning about Burrell going through her private letters,' he said. 'She said to me, "I'm going to have to get rid of that man". I said, "You don't mean it", and she replied, "Yes I do".'
LOYALTY? THIS MAN WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL IT; In denial: Paul Burrell after giving evidence at the High Court yesterday. - Free Online Library

I remember read Ken Wharfe and her chef Darren also talk Burrel wasn't a confident nor close friend of Diana.

When I read Barrel's book,he seemed sincere.Anyway he gave his support to Diana,but he decided to get profits from this situation.It wasn't well done at all,maybe Diana revealed him something and he then did it.
From other side,he treated the Queen with respect and told the episode how William wanted to keep his mother's wedding dress,but the Spencers sold it without William' s agreement.
I think if Diana had had a closer relation with her mother,she wouldn't have been so inclined to reveal her feelings to many different people,even servants.
Some time ago ,he was accused of stealing,then who knows?
I think he wouldn't be invited to the wedding.
By the way,is he divorced?

When I read Barrel's book,he seemed sincere.Anyway he gave his support to Diana,but he decided to get profits from this situation.It wasn't well done at all,maybe Diana revealed him something and he then did it.
From other side,he treated the Queen with respect and told the episode how William wanted to keep his mother's wedding dress,but the Spencers sold it without William' s agreement.
I think if Diana had had a closer relation with her mother,she wouldn't have been so inclined to reveal her feelings to many different people,even servants.
Some time ago ,he was accused of stealing,then who knows?
I think he wouldn't be invited to the wedding.
By the way,is he divorced?

Where are you getting your information? The Spencers have never sold Diana's wedding dress. The dress is currently on display at Althrop. You can check it out here Althorp | Day Visits & Public Events | The Exhibition .

I don't think Paul would be or should be invited to the wedding. If he was Diana's "rock" he sold her out long ago. William owes him no loyalty since he has exhibitied none himself.

Back
Top Bottom