The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-31-2005, 07:56 AM
Nobility

He can currently be seen on Network Ten's 'Australian Princess'.........

Old 10-31-2005, 08:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I've avoided this thread because the whole situation around Paul Burrell is so sleazy. It just makes my skin crawl.

But I will say that the Burrell boys were dragged into the trial when the jury got a video tour of the Burrell home. Only their bedrooms were offlimits.

Its these boys that I feel most sorry for, not William and Harry. William and Harry were born into a public life and have people around them to help them cope with situations like this.

These kids come from a working class background and I doubt if they were shielded at all from the public spectacle.

In one sense I agree with the wife. Everybody feels so much sympathy for Diana and William and Harry but nobody seems to care that Paul abandoned his wife and two young children emotionally on what seemed like an obsession with Diana.

have to agree with you on the point you made about william and harry having people to help them cope....very good point. i hope the burrell boys don't grow up with this chasing them around.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think Paul Burrell is an opportunist who should be ashamed of himself. Simple as that.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
I think Paul Burrell is an opportunist who should be ashamed of himself. Simple as that.
I total agree with you
Old 11-02-2005, 08:05 AM
Courtier

Thumbs down

I classify Paul Burrell in the same low-down category as James Hewitt. Basically, he violated Diana's confidence and trust (and by extension, that of William and Harry). It's tragic how his sons have suffered because of his own short-sightedness and self-promotion. I guess people will betray anyone for a few dollars.:(
Old 11-02-2005, 08:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

most definately Jackswife, he seems like an upstart mand who would betray his close friend for a buck or two, (ok slightly more)
Old 11-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Serene Highness

That statement about how he would never have written the book had William or Harry called to get together really troubles me. It's like he's the proverbial sword of damocles hanging over their heads. And that's just cruel and unusual punishment for William and Harry and Burrell's family, as well. No, his children should not have been dragged into this--but Mr. Burrell might have taken that into account before he decided to publish his account of Diana. He's got a whole bunch of people living in dread of what he might decide to reveal next. His children included--as further revelations will point the cameras once again in his direction. Is he obsessed with Diana? I think so and more than a bit. Would he have still published the book had he heard from the Princes? I have no clue. Sounds like a convenient excuse. If he really "loved" Diana and her sons; heck, if he loves his family, it is time to dismantle the website and put away the laptop and get about living a new life--sans further revelations about the Princess of Wales. There's a thread, a pattern running through Burrell's life--and that is his lack of regard for his own family, wife and sons. Very troubling and as insightful to the man's character as anything he wrote in the book or subsequent pieces.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Royal Highness

I think he's totally obsessed with the Princess; he was in life and he is now. Even if William and Harry had contacted him he'd still have published this book, he's in it for the money and he won't stop until he's wrung every last cent out of it. What kind of man falls asleep in the a woman's closet? A man that's got deep emotional problems. I admit that he was grieving but he was an employee.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Serene Highness

I'd forgotten about that. Very troubling. You're likely right about Burrell and the Princes. Even if he put off publishing the book after 1 call and 1 visit, he would have found some reason to publish......Ugh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
I think he's totally obsessed with the Princess; he was in life and he is now. Even if William and Harry had contacted him he'd still have published this book, he's in it for the money and he won't stop until he's wrung every last cent out of it. What kind of man falls asleep in the a woman's closet? A man that's got deep emotional problems. I admit that he was grieving but he was an employee.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:14 AM

I have never had the impression that Paul Burrel had honorable intentions. This has recently been reinforced for me in his painfully public attempts to generate ongoing fame. His role in the Australian Princess series was quite frankly embarassing. He should be ashamed of himself, but I guess if he had any humility he would not be doing what he is doing.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:38 PM
Royal Highness

unfortunately for all us burrell is one of those people who got his 15 minutes of fame and like hewitt they reappear ocassionally when they've run out of money and need to milk their cause a bit more. they're like drug addicts, once their fix wears off and they run out of their stash they come crashing back and we're forced to see them begging until they have enough to get them through for another short period of time.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:50 PM
Nobility

What really annoys me about the whole Paul Burrell thing is how he is cashing in on his 'royal connection' and the fact that all these TV executives are all paying him so much money to be the greedy little money grabber that he is. How can they be so silly about paying someone like that so much money and making such a dishonourable weasel rich?????
Old 12-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
Throw him in the Tower of London......
Well said Lady Marmalade! :)
Old 12-30-2005, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
These kids come from a working class background and I doubt if they were shielded at all from the public spectacle.

In one sense I agree with the wife. Everybody feels so much sympathy for Diana and William and Harry but nobody seems to care that Paul abandoned his wife and two young children emotionally on what seemed like an obsession with Diana.
This is saddest part of the whole Paul Burrell mess. I have to admit that this thread has changed my opinion on Paul Burrell. Initially, I was inclined to pity him because of the trial, and I forgave him for his book because, I thought, well, he needs the money after the trial that wasn't his fault.... but now he doesn't need the money anymore. Also, you guys opened my eyes about the way he "dangled the threat of a book for William and Harry" and basically dared them to stop him. This last post from ysbel is the most heart-breaking. I forget the Burrell boys' names. I think one is Alexander?
William and Harry are luckier than the Burrell boys because the princes have bodyguards and palace walls to protect them. The Burrell boys probably grew up attending regular State schools and didn't have royal protection officers to fend off unwanted attention. Anyone could approach them and say anything. What kind of father does not consider such consequences of his actions? :(
Old 12-30-2005, 04:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Paul Burrell would sell his own mother for a few pounds!!!
Too bad we're not in the Middle Age, I would have liked to see where would have his head ended in those days
Old 12-31-2005, 02:36 PM
Serene Highness

I once felt bad for him, too. Since his pithy little "gee, if the boys had called, I wouldn't have published the book," I lost all respect for him. I feel sorry for his children--and his wife. She looked awful, leaning on a cane (did she hurt herself or is she suffering from an illness) when she was accompanying him to court. She put up with a lot--heck, his own sons did, too--because of "his devotion" to Diana. He was not home a lot. I'm sorry but I don't think Diana demanded he sit and watch movies with him all the time nor do I think she required him to turn on the hallway light before she went to bed. I think his "value" to Diana exists, in large part, in his head. I would have found his constant presence suffocating--and she told others she felt the same way and was hoping he'd find work elsewhere. I think his grief was sincere when she died; there are many who were in Paris and later at the Palace who say he was like a zombie. But, like Ms. Simmons who tells us all more than we needed to know, Mr. Burrell crossed some lines with his book and then with his articles, like the one in "Hello" on the fifth anniversary of her death where he discloses more information about the Princess.

All in all, I most despise what he is doing to his sons. Kids can be very cruel and can you imagine what they get when they are at school about the way their dad "sold out" the Princess with his incessant revelations? A few months ago, I googled and read he was "considering" a second book. I hope that has been shelved. Enough is enough. I would love to know how much he has pocketed with all he's done as the Princess' former butler? Rather telling isn't it, no one else is stepping forward asking for his services?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Serene Highness

Burrell's furious phone calls as he is banned from Diana memorial service

Burrell's furious phone calls as he is banned from Diana memorial service | the Daily Mail
Old 08-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Paul Burrell is such a drama queen he should just crawl back into his rat hole.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Serene Highness

He only show up at press.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:13 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

what did he expect?

I've been seeing him on some program about making "American princesses" and some other shows about the auctioned gowns. So he hasn't gone quietly, either.

Tags
diana princess of wales, paul burrell, princess diana, tabloid press