The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-24-2017, 11:47 AM
Serene Highness

Well, as long as he's happy, more power to him. I knew of the gay rumors long ago, but this sort of knocked me out.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I understood that its been known for a long time that he was gay, that he had a gay lifestyle before he got married and that he and his wife had been living apart for some time.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Paul Burrell was arrested for stealing 342 items from Princess Diana's Kensington Palace apartments. Were they worth an estimated $7.7 million? Paul had tried to convince the authorities that the items were gifts to him and his family from the Princess.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Don't we all already know this?
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 04-19-2018, 12:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Yes I don't think there is anything new ever to be said or know about Paul Burrell....
Old 04-19-2018, 01:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Yes.

This was the subject of the court case in 2002 which collapsed when the Queen 'remembered' that he had told her he had the things - just as he was going to go into testify and many speculate he was going to be asked some interesting questions under oath that would have further damaged Charles and that Queen stepped into stop it with the trade off being he is never able to reveal what he knows.

Why she waited so long to tell anyone will always lead to rumours, speculations and conspiracies ...

If any of them are true - who knows?
Old 04-24-2018, 04:43 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Paul Burrell was arrested for stealing 342 items from Princess Diana's Kensington Palace apartments...Paul had tried to convince the authorities that the items were gifts to him and his family from the Princess.

Being vindicated by the Queen is no small feat in itself. The case collapsed like a house of cards in a matter of minutes.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:20 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Yes I don't think there is anything new ever to be said or know about Paul Burrell....
He may be a bit self aggrandizing at times. Otoh, he was close to her for all those years, and his anecdotes highlight the colorful personality she had. Whether it be clothes, clocks, hats, or other things, Diana gave freely over the years including things no longer useful. Long as she was alive, no one fretted over incidental items she had once owned. All that changed in a hurry after she was gone.

Stories in his books are pretty well written. One that is very good: As a sea of people filled the streets outside Kensington, Hasnat struggled but finally got a call through, and they agreed to meet. A clapped out car pulled up, Paul went to the passenger window, but no words were spoken. ..Leaning in he saw a man shattered by events, and a handshake took the place of language. Hasnat almost spoke--but then only nodded a few times as he choked back tears. That was it, and he drove off.

Burrell writes that although tens of thousands gathered outside Kensington in heartfelt tribute, none were as stricken or affected as Hasnat.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Couldn't he at least leve Khan who genuinely loved Diana, out of his stories...
Old 05-19-2018, 02:26 AM
Gentry

Yet it was Hasnat that called him in order to find some solace, which says they had some level of friendship between them. It's a genuine heartbreak. Without.., the story is less than complete.
Old 05-19-2018, 03:48 AM
Heir Apparent

There is no need for burrell to use Dianas lovers in his books.. can't he make a living without intruding on her privacy and that of the people in her life who were genuinely devoted to her...
Old 05-19-2018, 03:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What we have to remember is since Diana's death, Burrell sees himself as "her rock" and he needs to insert whatever he can that shows that he was privy to things everybody else wasn't.

That's how I see it anyways.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 05-19-2018, 04:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What we have to remember is since Diana's death, Burrell sees himself as "her rock" and he needs to insert whatever he can that shows that he was privy to things everybody else wasn't.

That's how I see it anyways.
I agree tat he has an obsessive attachment to Diana. however mostly I'm afraid, what he has done has been for money, and I think that its horrible to use a man like Khan, to intrude on HIS privacy, to sell a book. Khan was one of the people who were truly attached to Diana and have not "sold her out" to the press...
Old 05-19-2018, 04:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
That's one thing I do admire about Hasnat Khan. He kept their relationship private and personal.

Its rare these days to find anybody that publishes a book without the aim of financial benefit from it. Publishing is a dog eat dog world. Burrell just joined that crowd.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 05-19-2018, 04:22 AM
Gentry

But would it really be better if none of us knew Hasnat's condition near the end?
I hardly think so. Especially a poignant small episode of no words exchanged. That's why the story is so effective.

Other than Scotland Yard taking extreme dislike to him while crashing his place, no benefit of the doubt accorded, and carting out every last item from the home, I don't quite see the animosity. I understand the "rock" part, but he receives little credit as a kid from the other side of the tracks, who vaulted himself to admirable heights within the RF.

Some fellow butler in Scotland remarked after 'Royal Duty' that "he ought to be shot" for disclosing parts of Diana's life...does that not strike anyone as just a little sanctimonious?
Old 05-19-2018, 04:31 AM
Heir Apparent

If you don't see anything wrong with endlessly re hashing about Diana's private life in the media and divulging stuff about her friends who DID NOT want to be in the media, I can't agrgue.
Old 05-19-2018, 04:46 AM
Gentry

It would nice to know who some of them are that are upset about being mentioned.. Bryan Adams?
Old 05-19-2018, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan View Post
But would it really be better if none of us knew Hasnat's condition near the end?
I hardly think so. Especially a poignant small episode of no words exchanged. That's why the story is so effective.

Other than Scotland Yard taking extreme dislike to him while crashing his place, no benefit of the doubt accorded him, and carting out every last item from the home, I don't quite see the animosity. I understand the "rock" part, but he receives little credit as a kid from the other side of the tracks, who vaulted himself to admirable heights within the RF.

Some fellow butler in Scotland remarked after 'Royal Duty' that "he ought to be shot" for disclosing parts of Diana's life...does that not strike anyone as just a little sanctimonius?
Burrell is a backstabbing lowlife who is still milking his 15 mins just like Andrew Morton. Whatever Hasnat did after Diana died is nobody's business!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
If you don't see anything wrong with endlessly re hashing about Diana's private life in the media and divulging stuff about her friends who DID NOT want to be in the media, I can't agrgue.
QFT, this low life scum won't let this woman rest in peace as long as he can make a buck and be on TV.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-19-2018, 09:34 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Whatever Hasnat did after Diana died is nobody's business!
Since her life meant something to the public, emotional impact on Hasnat is not something to be swept under the rug. I don't see what purpose that would serve. No man as intimately close as he was would want people oblivious to the impact on him. Burrell paid him a compliment as far as history is concerned.

Quote:
QFT, this low life scum won't let this woman rest in peace as long as he can make a buck and be on TV.
Was hoping for an honest opinion, with examples to substantiate a point. I've seen him on TV but am not sure why it is a bad thing. Sales of the book must have been enormous for this level of tongue lashing, animosity to prevail.
Old 05-20-2018, 02:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Khan has never wanted his love life with Diana to be a public thing. He has tried to avoid talking to the press and only did so when put in a very difficult position.. and all but forced to do so. So for Burrell to prattle about him is disgraceful.....
And Burrell has used his few years as Di's bultler to make money..NOW 20 years later. It appears he turned up at Windsor for the H wedding

Tags
diana princess of wales, paul burrell, princess diana, tabloid press