Painted and Photographic Diana Portraits

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

To me, this photo totally set Diana apart from any other royal in history...because it appears as if she is sitting on the floor...."Royalty" is not even supposed to let their delicately shod feet touch something common as dirt, hence the carpets, but to actually sit upon a floor, below normal eye level, as Diana did in this photo, is amazing..... I totally admired this formal royal portrait of her....I think this portrait of her sums her up in many ways...regal, approachable, dignified yet simple, beautiful, young, vibrant and ready to embrace the world from the ground up....(I think these same words describe Prince William too).

Last edited:
Website of an artist who took part in the book Diana in Art :
Diana In Art

I agree pinkie40, it's a very symbolic image. I think the Daily Mirror took it as their front cover for the tribute issue.
The picture in a bigger size : http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34608&d=1073575408

You know, the silly thing is all the daft people who say/think she was wrapped in a sheet!! She was, of course, actually wearing the fabulous Azagury strapless ivory silk satin gown, with the embroidered bodice, without it's short bolero jacket.
:flowers:

I'm curious about why the Earl Spencer has that beautiful portrait of Diana (Coke can, two posts up)? Shouldn't the boys have that portrait? Why would he have something that hung in their home?

Maybe the boys gave/loaned it their Uncle? Who knows....
I'm sure they have plenty of beautiful images of their mother anyway....

One seller on eBay actually had it listed as "nude Diana.":rolleyes:

You know, the silly thing is all the daft people who say/think she was wrapped in a sheet!! She was, of course, actually wearing the fabulous Azagury strapless ivory silk satin gown, with the embroidered bodice, without it's short bolero jacket.

oops!

The dress was by Victor Edelstein, not Azagury. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
OH Wow! Thanks for getting me to the beautiful, beautiful pictures of the beautiful Diana by Terence Donovan. I get off today from this forum feeling very satisfied. This has made my day! She was truly a wonderful lady and I still miss her when I see her pictures and her boys.

Wedding Dress photo

One of my fav pix of Diana in her wedding

Flickr Photo Download: Wedding Portrait
Does any1 have big version of this picture???

LOL, yes, I do, but it is a two page span in a book that was released shortly after the Royal Wedding....I will see if I can get it scanned...may take a couple of days.......because the book itself is coffee table size!:whistling:

That is a rare portrait of Diana. I can't say I like her in the photo that much.

Yes, not my favorite either. But the idea was really good IMO.

I believe there's a similar one of HM. I'm not fond of them as they appear too 'harsh,' for lack of a better word.

Douglas Anderson, 1991 - Diana seated in front of a fantasy painted landscape, hands on lap, wearing purple velvet strapless gown and amethyst jewellery (for Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham)
Can someone post a picture of the Doug Anderson painting? I hadn't noticed it earlier in this thread ( some of the links don't work) or the Theo Platt painting, I have also not noticed it on this thread. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of that one. My favorite picture portrait of Diana is a picture by Tim Graham from the mid-late 1980s where she wears that black velvet dress and diamond earings and the picture is shadowy, and the backdrop to the picture is a painting with a greenish color. She looks so regal in that portrait, not like a celebrity. Can anyone post that picture of her? It's so haunting.

Official portraits of Diana

I am looking for websitelinks that publish official portraits of Diana Princess of Wales.
Can anyone help me out here?
Thanks.

That's an absolutely magnificent site! I like the different versions of the same session. Thank you very much too. :flowers:

i like the portrait of her in the green dress for the engagement soooooooo much, she was soooo lovely and beautiful!

I luv the portrait#37 of Diana in the reddish almost fushia lace top and taffeta skirt-this painting is a full length portrait done in oils on canvas.It is a three quarters sideways gaze that Diana gave the world when she was here among us It epitomizes her style and has caught her essentiality

So many amazing pictures!:flowers::flowers::flowers: She was one of the beautifulest brides i have ever seen!!

I luv the portrait#37 of Diana in the reddish almost fushia lace top and taffeta skirt-this painting is a full length portrait done in oils on canvas.It is a three quarters sideways gaze that Diana gave the world when she was here among us It epitomizes her style and has caught her essentiality

i like the dress she was wearing on that painting. I am crazy about lace anyway but this dress was looking so good on her, colour and everything. And wasn't she wearing this dress when she announced the pregnancy of Harry (she was in Norway i think at that moment)?

The pregnancy was announced after she returned to Britain, I believe; but the Norwegian visit was immediately before the announcement.:flowers:

i like the dress she was wearing on that painting. I am crazy about lace anyway but this dress was looking so good on her, colour and everything. And wasn't she wearing this dress when she announced the pregnancy of Harry (she was in Norway i think at that moment)?

Back
Top Bottom