The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
It helps if you can find it to have a satisfying private relationship with someone because otherwise at the end of the day, you're going home alone to an empty house.
Ysbel...I totally agree. And it has been said before that when Diana went home she was often alone.

So back to the topic....well sort of. I have never been to Kensington Palace before..are there any other exhibits to see?

Old 11-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
Thank you Alexandria!

We all have two sides, it's human to talk one day about serious things (like landmines, poor children, etc) and the other day about superficial things (like fashion). Princess Mary also did photos for Vogue in a very glamourous way and it doesn't seem she wanted to be a supermodel or she had a menthal illness.

I'm glad her sons liked this exhibition! :) I would like to see it too.

AMEN, I agree with you again, please let diana rest in peace, she never will be forget because she was a great person, she never was useless, the land mines, the AIDS, the homeless, the children etc etc, she help many people, not only she help the body, she help the soul.
She was a princess, a mother, a mother (for me, in testeino's photos she look like a REAL WOMEN, she not like a supermodel), a wife, a sister, a friend, a humanitarian, A REAL PERSON.
MAny people love her and another not love her, she is gone, please don's offend her memory.

I LOVE TESTINO'S PHOTOS, she look sooooo beautiful, so alive.
Nobody can be like her, she look bettet than many supermodels and many princess ..why?, well because she look human (a close person to us), she don't look artificial, no sugery, on botox, only like her was. She look in testino'sp photos like DIANA ITSELF. She was a person like you, like me, why she was so special for many people, well becuse she was like she was, she never need change.

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-25-2005, 07:54 PM

Quote:
please let diana rest in peace
We would but there are people who keep dragging her up every five minutes when some of us would rather leave her in 1997 and concentrate on 2005.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Let's get back on topic, please.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator
Old 11-26-2005, 12:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

I do some captures from cbs news video. the quality is poor, sorry.

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-26-2005, 01:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

I said to get back on topic. This bickering is completely pointless.

Elspeth

British Forums moderator
Old 11-27-2005, 06:01 AM
Aristocracy

I have often read that style is something people are born with-either they have it or they do not. In Diana's case, this is untrue. She has a horrid dress sense in the beginning. Also, dear ones, no one but a stripper should ever be photographed with her knees this far apart in a dress.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Aristocracy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
I do some captures from cbs news video. the quality is poor, sorry.
Thanks for posting the pictures. She looks wonderful as usual. The pic are blurry But. she still looks great in the blurry pictures Go Figure.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
True. But being a hypocrite and showing signs of multi-personality disorder are two different things Elspeth. From stories I've heard, I believe she was suffering from an illness such as multi-personality disorder.
That may be your opinion BeatrixFan, it was never confirmed she had a multi-personality disorder. I see it as a young girl who got married to a older prince and was expected to behave like him, always sensible, always in line, and she was only 21! She had to grow up overnight by marrying him and become the perfect princess everyone wanted her to be, even at the extent of not letting her true fun loving nature be exposed. I think finally after her divorce she could let go a little and why not? Why not take pictures that make you feel happy about yourself and show the world that you are a happy human being and finally have a chance to smile. Look at with her kids too, do you really think she would have been such a fun mother if her childhood hadn't have been so bad? Everything happens for a reason, and I think just because she does charity work doesn't mean she can't have fun once in a while, were all humans and we should be able to act like one whether you're royal or not. I think these are very nice pictures of Diana.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2000
Thanks for posting the pictures. She looks wonderful as usual. The pic are blurry But. she still looks great in the blurry pictures Go Figure.
you'welcome!
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-02-2005, 10:29 AM
Commoner

photos

http://photobucket.com/albums/c259/gggra2000_/

with pictures at diana and testinos
Old 12-02-2005, 10:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
she never will be forget because she was a great person, she never was useless, the land mines, the AIDS, the homeless, the children etc etc,

Are you sure? I am to young to remember her but I know that there are a lot of people who help others more than she did. She was just another celebrity.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:53 PM
Nobility

She helped in the attitude people had against AIDS. Her step of shaking hands with someone with AIDS in 1987 was remarkable.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jean
She helped in the attitude people had against AIDS. Her step of shaking hands with someone with AIDS in 1987 was remarkable.
EXACTLY, the AIDS, the land mines, the cancer etc etc.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 12-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

The official description from the publisher, Taschen :
(http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/cata...tm?lpage=93568)

Diana, Princess of Wales at her most beautiful: the last portrait session by Mario Testino

Just five months before her tragic death in August 1997, Princess Diana was photographed by Mario Testino for Vanity Fair. Diana, Princess of Wales by Mario Testino at Kensington Palace brings together the most beautiful images from this last portrait sitting, displaying Diana in a state of relaxation and intimacy unlike any other. The selection of about seventy photographs includes many unseen images which, alongside previously published images, fill in the untold story of the shoot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	va_testino_diana.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	218821   Click image for larger version

Name:	va_testino_diana_01.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	218822  
Old 12-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnesK
Are you sure? I am to young to remember her but I know that there are a lot of people who help others more than she did. She was just another celebrity.
Off topic for this thread but in response to this statement I must point out that Gay communities in Australia, North America and Europe (at least) have a debt of gratitude to Princess Diana for her work in humanising HIV/AIDS. She did a great deal in reducing the stigma, and whatever the ups and downs of her personal life this is something in which she definitely made a difference. How many others, "celebrities" or public figures, can make the same claim?
Old 12-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the pictures Rchainho! I just got the Testino book this week and love it! The pictures are amazing! Some of the pictures are a bit out of focus (that can happen when a photographer shoots in natural light, without a flash). But Diana was so photogenic (& Testino such a genius), that even the out of focus pics seem like works of art! I'd highly recommend this book for any Diana "fan".

Asmadasitgets2003 has already posted some fabulous pics in the Diana ... picture thread, part 3 (post #6). Here are two more ...

Old 12-30-2005, 06:18 PM
Courtier

I'm in tears now, I miss her so much, this world needs her... maybe she was too angel to this world, she deserves something better
BTW the pictures are gorgeous
Old 12-30-2005, 06:22 PM
Courtier

Beautiful pictures! She was always so pretty but I think she had gotten prettier with age.:)

Tags
diana princess of wales, exhibition, mario testino, photos, pictures, portraits, princess diana