Painted and Photographic Diana Portraits

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wlb825 said:
;) one of my favorite

I've never seen that portrait before! I love it!

She was so radiant. This thread just breaks my heart. Life is just not fair. :(

This one is my favorite of her portraits-she will be remembered long after her enemies are forgotten probably a thousand years from now as one of the most beloved Princesses Of Wales in British history:

portrait.asp
http://www.npg.org.uk/live/search/p...ncess+of+Wales+&LinkID=mp05244&rNo=5&role=sit

Last edited:
New Diana exhibition and photos

Hi all.

{ed}

Believe me, it's a brilliant, very powerful exhibition (the photos are seriously big!), if you're in London anytime between now and 2007 (when it's due to move out of KP) do try to go as you won't regret it.

Kindest regards,
Joanne

Last edited by a moderator:
Mario Testino was on tv today and the pictures were beautiful, I am thinking of buying the book.

Last edited:
The photos are great. Diana was very elegant, serene, happy and pretty in all of them!

(From Hola.com)

Attachments

• mariotestino-diana-a.jpg
    mariotestino-diana-a.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 460
  • mariotestino-diana4a.jpg
    mariotestino-diana4a.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 311
  • mariotestino-diana3a.jpg
    mariotestino-diana3a.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 399
  • mariotestino-diana2a.jpg
    mariotestino-diana2a.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 263
  • mariotestino-diana1a.jpg
    mariotestino-diana1a.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 582
Last edited:
They're amazing pictures and make me miss her all the more when I see them. :( Anyone lucky enough to see the exhibition will be very fortunate.

I am so glad that William and Harry like the exhibition.

So, did she want to be a Princess or a Supermodel?

BeatrixFan said:
So, did she want to be a Princess or a Supermodel?

That was uncalled for. Those pics were to be used for charity auction of her dresses. Some weren't used. Just proves that there are still many of us out there who love her and appreciate her.

No it wasn't uncalled for. It was a genuine question. Did she want to be a Princess and mother of a King or did she want to be a Supermodel? Do you believe these were taken for charity auctions? She was a vain person and as far as I can see, they were shots to fuel her ego.

BeatrixFan said:
No it wasn't uncalled for. It was a genuine question. Did she want to be a Princess and mother of a King or did she want to be a Supermodel? Do you believe these were taken for charity auctions? She was a vain person and as far as I can see, they were shots to fuel her ego.

Beatrixfan, I am watching you follow me from forum to forum to see what I say and do to annoy me. I have contacted the moderators.

Last edited:
NO. It's a serious question. Just because you don't like it, don't refer to me as a trouble maker. Can anyone apart from tiaraprin, answer me whether Diana wanted to be a Princess or a Supermodel?

BeatrixFan said:
NO. It's a serious question. Just because you don't like it, don't refer to me as a trouble maker. Can anyone apart from tiaraprin, answer me whether Diana wanted to be a Princess or a Supermodel?

I think she didn't want to be a Princess in the way Buckingham Palace defined it. As far as wanting to be a supermodel? Well, Princess Caroline who had the model looks tried it out in the 70s and decided it wasn't for her so I don't think one shoot means Diana wanted to be a supermodel.l

Thanks Ysbel. This is the strange thing. One minute she was in a foreign country, in the dirt cuddling babies and preaching about landmines, declaring her wish to serve humanity and bring world peace- the next she was posing in skimpy dresses like a supermodel and appearing in hollywood with a split up her dress and sleeping around. It makes no sense. She was a mixed up character and I think these photographs show that more than anything else.

I have contacted the moderators a second time. . ..

BeatrixFan said:
Thanks Ysbel. This is the strange thing. One minute she was in a foreign country, in the dirt cuddling babies and preaching about landmines, declaring her wish to serve humanity and bring world peace- the next she was posing in skimpy dresses like a supermodel and appearing in hollywood with a split up her dress and sleeping around. It makes no sense. She was a mixed up character and I think these photographs show that more than anything else.

Yeah, I agree, she had an identity crisis. She seemed to try on different personas to see which one would fit. A lot of women do that in their twenties and thirties. They're usually single though and don't have the whole world watching.

Well, I've asked a question and I've got sensible answers. I haven't bashed her in anyway. I asked a serious question and you dismissed me as a trouble maker. You are not a moderator tiaraprin, however much you want to defend Diana. This is a discussion forum, not a forum to fawn over her.

BeatrixFan said:

Well, everyone is allowed to be inconsistent. Prince Charles says a lot of sensible things about environmental preservation, and then he does things like having a low-mileage car toted around Europe for him to drive or (assuming these people aren't lying) having someone drive all the way from Highgrove to London to pick up a box of chocolates for his granny's birthday because he forgot to take them. You can find these sorts of incinsistencies anywhere if you have the notion to look for them. Humans, after all, aren't Vulcan. (live long and prosper \\ //)

True. But being a hypocrite and showing signs of multi-personality disorder are two different things Elspeth. From stories I've heard, I believe she was suffering from an illness such as multi-personality disorder.

ysbel said:
I think she didn't want to be a Princess in the way Buckingham Palace defined it. As far as wanting to be a supermodel? Well, Princess Caroline who had the model looks tried it out in the 70s and decided it wasn't for her so I don't think one shoot means Diana wanted to be a supermodel.l
Princess Stephanie really tried to be a model.

I've heard people say she might have had borderline personality disorder, but I can't say I've ever heard this stuff about multiple personalities. I think that's a different sort of disorder entirely from the sort of lack of confidence she had about her identity.

BeatrixFan said:
True. But being a hypocrite and showing signs of multi-personality disorder are two different things Elspeth. From stories I've heard, I believe she was suffering from an illness such as multi-personality disorder.
{personal remark deleted - Elspeth} I might say "borderline personality disorder" but nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elspeth said:
I've heard people say she might have had borderline personality disorder, but I can't say I've ever heard this stuff about multiple personalities. I think that's a different sort of disorder entirely from the sort of lack of confidence she had about her identity.

Yeah, I don't think Diana had multiple personality disorder. I just think she married young before she knew who she was. What is borderline personality disorder?

dakodas said:
Princess Stephanie really tried to be a model.

Oh I forgot about that! Yes! Stephanie really wanted to be a model but it didn't work out. I don't know what happened there.

That's another princess with some sort of disorder although with Stephanie, I don't know what you'd call it.

ysbel said:
Oh I forgot about that! Yes! Stephanie really wanted to be a model but it didn't work out. I don't know what happened there.

That's another princess with some sort of disorder although with Stephanie, I don't know what you'd call it.
She looked so androgynous in her photos-even in swimsuits!:(

ysbel said:
Yeah, I don't think Diana had multiple personality disorder. I just think she married young before she knew who she was. What is borderline personality disorder?
  1. Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment. Note: Do not include suicidal or self-mutilating behavior covered in (5).
  2. A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation. This is called "splitting."
  3. Identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self.
  4. Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., spending, sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, binge eating). Note: Do not include suicidal or self-mutilating behavior covered in (5).
  5. Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, or threats, or self-mutilating behavior.
  6. Affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability, or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days).
  7. Chronic feelings of emptiness.
  8. Inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights).
  9. Transient, stress-related paranoid ideation or severe dissociative symptoms.
http://www.bpdresourcecenter.org/what_Criteria.htm

I think borderline personality disorder is the new way of refering to multiple personality disorder. Not being a phsyciatrist I didn't know that. There are two reasons for me thinking this;

1) Diana once took her private secretary on holiday with her to the Maldives. Diana insisted she have whatever she wanted and lavished all sorts on her. Then, on the last day, they were laying by the pool and Diana said, "I'll get them to give you your half of the bill" and walked off. Diana had made it clear that the holiday was on her. But then she snapped. The secretary phoned Charles in tears - she couldn't pay it. Diana remained firm and said she had to and in the end, Charles stepped in and paid the entire bill.

2) A maid who lived in a small cottage in the grounds of Highgrove (I think but I'll check) was dating a bodyguard and Diana hated it. One minute she told the maid that she was happy for her but that she shouldnt mix work and pleasure and the next she demanded that the bodyguard be sacked. He was. He went to the cottage and Diana saw him. She flew out, in the middle of the night - wearing only her nightie and hammered on the door screaming, "I know you've got him in there. Get him out! You're disgusting!". And the maid was later sacked.

Then there's the incident with Raine and the stairs, the panorama interview, the Burrell revelations (he said she would kick her shoes off and want to hear the latest gossip one minute and would play the imperious princess the next).....it's all strange to me.

Back
Top Bottom