The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 3: September 2005-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sara1981 said:

I had no idea Franklin Mint owned that gorgeous and famous dress!!
How cynical of them to first milk the poor late princess for all she was worth through doll products wearing replicas of the exact dress, and then purchasing the real one! Or..did they purchase the gown <in order to> be able to replicate the dress?!

By the way, this dress is one of the few outfits Diana wore that I really really agree with. She looked so stunning in it, it really did her justice. If only the Emmanuels could have created something equally classy for her wedding outfit..

princess olga said:
I had no idea Franklin Mint owned that gorgeous and famous dress!!
How cynical of them to first milk the poor late princess for all she was worth through doll products wearing replicas of the exact dress, and then purchasing the real one! Or..did they purchase the gown <in order to> be able to replicate the dress?!
Well, the dresses were put up for public auction and therefore anyone could buy them. As to the Franklin Mint Diana Dolls, they wouldn't produce them if Diana fans didn't buy them.
So it's not cynical, it's just business.

Warren said:
Well, the dresses were put up for public auction and therefore anyone could buy them. As to the Franklin Mint Diana Dolls, they wouldn't produce them if Diana fans didn't buy them.
So it's not cynical, it's just business.

true, it takes two to tango: as unbelievable as it may seem to me, you are right that it is a fact that masses of people actually bought those dolls.
And yes anyway, business=cynical by its very nature period. (I wonder though how copyright laws apply to this kind of thing, i.e. regarding an individual's right to own the copyright to their own likeness, as in..doesn't Diana's family, or her sons, own some sort of copyright regarding products that depict her and are they thus owed part of Mint's profits theoretically....but that's another topic entirely.)

From newscom

1.- Memo to Ex Royal chef CAROLYN ROBB from Princess Diana.

2.- Birthday card from Princess Diana and Prince Harry to Ex Royal chef CAROLYN ROBB

3.- Royal household photograph before the 1991 tour of Brazil. CAROLYN ROBB is 5th left back row (white).

'I taught Harry to cook Spaghetti, made Charles his favourite ice cream in hospital and cooked Camilla Christmas dinners to heat up, so why have they treated me so badly?' The woman who for 16 years catered for Prince Charles's every culinary whim, however eccentric, today reveals the extraordinary feud that has left her estranged from the Royals. Carolyn Robb, who was a key member of the heir to the throne's staff, began working as Charles and Princess Diana's personal chef in 1989 and taught Princes William and Harry how to cook

Attachments

• zunique040535.jpg
    zunique040535.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 143
  • zunique040536.jpg
    zunique040536.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 83.jpg
    83.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Does anybody think Charles PR machine hurted Diana's memory? The boys never talk about her. The negative tell all books in recent years by his friends. The portraits coming down in the national gallery.:eek:

the boys never talk about her, only one time I see william talk about her mother and his voice was very very low. I think that diana's boys is dificulted talk about her.

Harry was saying in interviews not long ago about how he wanted to carry on his mother's humanitarian work; I don't see how that counts as not talking about her.

Elspeth said:
Harry was saying in interviews not long ago about how he wanted to carry on his mother's humanitarian work; I don't see how that counts as not talking about her.

Did Harry speak about Diana since the marriage of Charles and Camilla? I think this spin to forget Diana started last year near the wedding and has continued.:)

Harry has spoken...

georgiea said:
Did Harry speak about Diana since the marriage of Charles and Camilla? I think this spin to forget Diana started last year near the wedding and has continued.:)
Don't worry about the "spin" to forget Diana! How easily has Harry's birthday interview been forgotten? That was September (the wedding was in April).

Here's a link to just one of the many posts on this Board where at the time of his birthday members discussed Harry's interview and provided newspaper stories... here.
(Yes, Harry did mention his mother.)

I remember the williams' 21 birthday interview, I still have the photo from mirror front page and said ''I want be like my mum'' but I dont know if this words were exact william's words.

Last edited:
As Warren mentioned, both William and Harry have referred to their mother in public. Harry seems more comfortable than William but that doesn't mean that William doesn't honor his mother. He picked up one of Diana's old charities lately.

The major element I see marring Diana's memory are all these conspiracy theories surrounding every aspect of her. If people aren't keeping alive the conspiracy theories on how she died they're creating conspiracy theories of how Charles and Camilla are trying to push out her memory.

If things go the way, they're going, Diana's main claim to fame for the next few generations may well be as the major source of fantastical conspiracy theories in the latter part of the 20th century. That's a pretty sad legacy.

And of course, it's to the advantage of people wanting to make money off Diana's memory to keep all this stuff fermenting. The more they can come up with, the more they can sell. The people who fall for it are becoming enablers of some rather unsavoury individuals.

thanks for the link, sara.
Is aa very funny news, I want that dress!
I make clothes and this dress is a great idea!!!!:D :D
Its a joke, of course. I love diana, I never would can do money with her.

I like the dress very unique

Diana was a pretty women but I dont think 8th place pretty. Caroline is much prettier and Kate Middleton is pretty but not 77th pretty. She is pretty but average.

diana is in 8th place? os couse, she was absoluttly beatiful, a modern and clasic beuty, a very special face.

I think if Diana was alive today, books like this wouldn't be written. Honestly, whatever next?

what a contemptous, peice of trash. He has the gal to brag about 2 minute quickie, more like a money making opportunity since the woman concerned is dead:mad::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom