The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Heir Apparent

2½mins? Di was lucky

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006320356,00.html

i cant believe that story!

Old 07-13-2006, 03:44 AM
Courtier

There is an article in an Italian newspaper about the investigations about Diana's death. It also says that the next issue of Chi magazine will have pictures of late Diana after the accident.

Personally i found disgusting they publish this picture. It seems quite wrong.

Here it is the article, the only thing is that it is in italian

http://www.corriere.it/Primo_Piano/E...12/diana.shtml

Old 07-13-2006, 05:02 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
TV man's get Rich quickie

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006320173,00.html

i cant believe that story! if Diana would alive today and if how William and Harry would upset about of their mother's story in sun newspaper what you think?
Any publicity-seeking nobody could come up with a story like this, as long as, at some point or other, his path crossed Diana's - and that's thousands of people.

He tries to make his story more credible by the self-depricating comment about his non-existent prowess in bed. I will believe him if he produces photos, recordings or eye witnesses!!

And isn't it a bit strange that a middle-aged has-been like him would have kept quiet about it all these years? It's not like he had a sense of honour...
Old 07-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Outrage over 'last' Di pics

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006320402,00.html

im felt upset about Diana's fury story and i cant believe what italy publish or photographer DID!
Old 07-14-2006, 10:52 PM
Royal Highness

I think people are making too big a deal out of it. All the "outrage" stories, from Sun and others, are just another way for these tabloids to cash in on the photos while standing on their soap boxes. Any one of these publications would have loved to be the first one to print the shots, if they could come up a headline that can pass mustard as a tribute. If anyone does a search on Google or Yahoo under image, they have been available on the web for some time. CBS ran a similar photo in its "48Hours Investigation" piece several years ago. It's only now that someone got the nerve to include them in a book, it's suddenly a big deal again. If people haven't been curious to see the photos, they wouldn't have any value to publishers to print them.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:50 PM
Aristocracy

I was shocked that Diana's last photos would be published in a book and a newspaper. I was saddened that they would stoop so low I am sure William and Harry both were outraged because I am sure no one would want to see their own mother in her dying moments. Especially if the pictures were taken by the paparazzi. I think the publishing of the pictures was due to more controversy about Diana another to be brought up after her death. I do wish people would allow her to rest in peace. People still talk about her even almost 9 years after her death. She did have a hold on people but her and her family especially her sons need to be left alone.
I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved. I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour, for a day, for a month, but I can give. I am very happy to do that, I want to do that.- Princess Diana
Old 07-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Gentry

Aren't these the same pictures that CBS (in the US) showed on television a couple of years ago?
If so, it's remarkable that they have been allowed to surface again. I would think that more people who are in the public eye would join in the outrage over their publication. After all, any one of them - or us, could have photos published of us dead or dying.
At what point do we lose privacy and dignity?
Old 07-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Nobility

I hate to think what might be released next year to note the tenth anniversary. Hopefully it won't be marked by the distribution of more or "new" photos of that awful night.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Royal Highness

unfortunately, i think this is setting a precedent for what we'll see. now that someone has gone and done, i'm afraid we'll see more.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess
unfortunately, i think this is setting a precedent for what we'll see. now that someone has gone and done, i'm afraid we'll see more.
Let's hope not!

When Dale Earnhart died a few years ago, one of the Florida newspapers wanted the right to see his autopsy photos. His family argued that it was an invasion of privacy. As I am not a racing fan, I didn't follow the developments that closely, but it seems like the family won the right to keep the photos out of the public eye.

While I agree that the public has the right to know, I don't believe we always need to see. First and formost, we have a right to our privacy and our dignity.
And the only way to make the media understand our feelings on that is through our wallets. When we no longer pay for salacious trash, we will no longer have it thrust upon us.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Serene Highness

Well said Sammy!

Occasionally my local paper shows (in my opinion) extreme poor taste by publishing a picture of an accident victim (at that point still alive) on a stretcher. Then the article will go on to say that the person later succumbed to their injuries. These kind of pictures disturb me enough to prompt me to fire off a letter to the editor. Why do we need to see a picture of someone in their last moments? What need does it fill? What useful role is it playing in society? I think about how it would feel if it was a picture of someone I knew & loved.

Unfortunately, it will only be when, as Sammy wisely notes, we quit buying this trash, that it will no longer be published. I might have been interested in reading the book investigating the crash, but now that I know there is a picture in it that I have no wish (& I feel, no right) to see, I will not be wasting my money on it.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
Let's hope not!

When Dale Earnhart died a few years ago, one of the Florida newspapers wanted the right to see his autopsy photos. His family argued that it was an invasion of privacy. As I am not a racing fan, I didn't follow the developments that closely, but it seems like the family won the right to keep the photos out of the public eye.

While I agree that the public has the right to know, I don't believe we always need to see. First and formost, we have a right to our privacy and our dignity.
And the only way to make the media understand our feelings on that is through our wallets. When we no longer pay for salacious trash, we will no longer have it thrust upon us.
Absolutely! I agree this is well said! I refuse to buy this trash and was horrified when I was paging through an old issue of "Hello," with photos of Diana's last summer vacation and there was coverage of Versace's death with pictures of him on a blood covered stretcher with oxygen over his face. I felt this was totally needless. But, as you expressed so articulately, the river of sludge will not stop till we stop buying these publications and books--and, for now, there must still be huge demand as they just keep coming.....
Old 07-16-2006, 12:55 AM
Heir Apparent

i would agree with sammy what posts says!

but i think Diana went funeral at Versaces and she didnt see her designer's body to open of view.But im sure i would agree with that posts but im sure paparazzi already taking pictures of Diana attended funeral in italy.

before Diana's death she told paparazzi and leave her alone and include boys but paparazzi still search over of Diana where she vacation with Dodi they after boys stay with their dad but paparazzi already taking pictures of her and Dodi on the newspaper covers says "Diana im fell in love with Dodi" and also she kissed with Dodi on the newspaper cover and lots of more!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
Diana was a pretty women but I dont think 8th place pretty. Caroline is much prettier and Kate Middleton is pretty but not 77th pretty. She is pretty but average.
I find it interesting that almost all of the top 10 to 20 placegetters are actresses. Diana is the one of the very few from the outside breaking into the higher echelon. The ranking is the collective result from all participants. I would have put Diana at the top of my list.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Gentry

Even though I am an avid Diana fan I am dreading the 10th anniversary next year from what the press and writers will dredge up and write. Who knows what trash will be written about her? It just saddens me deeply, why can't they just write and remember the good?

Lily
Old 08-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nine years on, Princess Diana still grabs headlines

LONDON (AFP) - Even nine years after her death, Princess Diana is still making headline news, particularly for one national newspaper that has repeatedly aimed to blow the lid on what it suggests is a state-sponsored conspiracy and cover-up.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060830...y_060830134322
Old 08-31-2006, 10:43 AM
Aristocracy

Today, nine years since Diana's death. I cannot believe.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:48 AM
Aristocracy

Nine years and you are still horribly missed. May God smile on your memory and those who love you.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Nine years on, Princess Diana still grabs headlines

LONDON (AFP) - Even nine years after her death, Princess Diana is still making headline news, particularly for one national newspaper that has repeatedly aimed to blow the lid on what it suggests is a state-sponsored conspiracy and cover-up.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060830...y_060830134322
butler is big JERK!
Old 09-03-2006, 12:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
butler is big JERK!

He's also a bunch of other words you probably can't say here.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana