The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 2: August 2004-September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing is ever going to put a definitive end to rumours like that, unfortunately. The surgeons at the hospital in Paris already said that she wasn't pregnant, but that hasn't stopped rumours from people like Fayed who want to believe she was murdered because she was pregnant.

Elspeth said:
Nothing is ever going to put a definitive end to rumours like that, unfortunately. The surgeons at the hospital in Paris already said that she wasn't pregnant, but that hasn't stopped rumours from people like Fayed who want to believe she was murdered because she was pregnant.
Well the thing with what French surgeons said is that since they did not perform an autopsy, how can they know? She was not tested for pregnancy (normal since it's not the standard procedure to check is car crash victims are pregnant or not).
I personally do believe she wasn't (and even if she was, so what?) but the rumors won't ever stop IMO.

Idriel said:
Well the thing with what French surgeons said is that since they did not perform an autopsy, how can they know? She was not tested for pregnancy (normal since it's not the standard procedure to check is car crash victims are pregnant or not).
There was an autopsy, though performed in London. The coroner examined her uterus and found her to not to be pregnant.

Mapple said:
There was an autopsy, though performed in London. The coroner examined her uterus and found her to not to be pregnant.
Hum? Weird. now it's London doctors who says she wasn't? I thought it was the Parisian ones. I have to say I am not familiar with the case (as I don't really care if she wasn't or not) but I read somewhere that she was embalmed few hours after the crash as the British embassy clearly ordered that, and thus no proper autopsy could have took place.
What's the real story so?

Translation of the Article Posted by Letiziafan

Here is a translation of the article that Letiziafan has posted about Diana:
http://www.abc.com.py/articulos.php...d=199617&sec=12

Diana's Body Will Be Exhumed

Scotland Yard plans to exhume the embalmed body of Princess Diana of Wales as part of the police investigation to determine if her death was due to a car accident on August 31, 1997 in Paris.

According to revelations by the Sunday Express, British detectives that are investigating the death met with American experts on embalmed bodies in cooperation with Diana' case.

The body of the Princess of Wales was embalmed by orders of the British Embassy only a few hours after her death in the car accident of August 31, 1997, which caused the deaths of Dodi Al-Fayed, and driver Henri Paul.

According to the Sunday Express, the decision to embalm Diana's body caused the immediate contamination of any forensic evidence in the body, such as whether the Princess was pregnant.

According to the report, The British Police were considering the possibility of exhuming the body of Princess Diana from the Spencer estate of Althorp in the north of England.

Last edited:
That was the article I was talking about.
Tiarapin, can you confirm Mapple's affirmation that there was an autopsy made in London?

I was just translating so more people could read and understand the articles posted in either Spanish or French.

I cannot confirm or deny an autopsy for Diana, I am not part of the "Grey Men" retinue!:p

Check your sources?

Could I just point out that this report of Diana's exhumation comes from a news service in Paraguay.

Don't Shoot the Translator!!

Warren said:
Could I just point out that this report of Diana's exhumation comes from a news service in Paraguay.

Warren, I just translated so people could read it. I didn't say it was a reliable source.

No reflection!

tiaraprin said:
Warren, I just translated so people could read it. I didn't say it was a reliable source.

It followed your post, but in no way reflected on you.
Why am I so misunderstood? ;)

Warren said:
It followed your post, but in no way reflected on you.
Why am I so misunderstood? ;)

Don't feel bad Warren, I am misunderstood all the time!!;) :p

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/301255.html

They will expose in London statue of Diana and Dodi to the Fayed

The work, done on natural scale and in bronze and titled "innocent Victims", will be able to be seen in the next weeks in department store Harrods

EFE
Universal the online one
London, England
Wednesday 24 of August of 2005

14:49 A statue of princess Diana of Wales and her fiancè, Dodi to the Fayed, died the 31 of August of 1997 in a traffic accident in Paris, will be exposed next in department store Harrods of London.

The father of Dodi and owner of the select establishment, Mohamed To the Fayed, confirmed today that the sculpture, done on natural scale and in bronze, will be able to be seen in the next weeks in Harrods, although did not need no date.

The statue, that was shown today the press, represents Morning call and its sentimental companion taken from the hand and watching itself at the eyes under the flight of an albatross, bird that symbolizes the eternity and the good fortune.

In addition, the princess wears a dress with decollete, whereas Dodi dresses an unbuttoned shirt that lets see its chest.

The statue, titled "innocent Victims" and builds of the artist Bit Mitchell, tries to reflect the belief of A the Fayed of which the pair was assassinated victim of a conspiracy.

"It is a tribute to which it could have happened if the car of the pair had not collided the 31 of August of 1997", Mitchell commented, friend of the family To the Fayed.

"the affection that still is professed to him to Morning call is incredible, but I knew Dodi and, far from being that mujeriego that many believed, in fact was a producer of working cinema and charming that its own way in the life found", the artist added.

The proprietor of Harrods indicated, on the other hand, that the statue will allow people to honor the memory of the pair with "cordiality and love".

Morning call of Wales died the night of the 31 of August of 1997, next to Dodi To the Fayed and Henri Paul, the driver of the limousine Mercedes in whom the pair traveled, after colliding the vehicle against the Bridge of the Soul of Paris.

In 1999, a French judge concluded that the accident happened because the driver lead under the influence of the alcohol and antidepressants, after analyzing the searches contained in a report of 6,000 pages that never was made public. At the request of a British judge, Scotland Yard, department of criminal investigation of the Metropolitan Police of London, the past opened to year an investigation to clarify the facts.

rchainho said:
http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/301255.html

14:49 A statue of princess Diana of Wales and her fiancè, Dodi to the Fayed, died the 31 of August of 1997 in a traffic accident in Paris, will be exposed next in department store Harrods of London.

Dodi never was Diana's fiance. No amount of money or statues can change that fact Mr Al-Fayed. Your money cannot re-write history.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news2.shtml

THE princess and the Harrods heir—it looked like the great fairytale romance. And that's just what it was...one big made-up fairytale.

After the crash in Paris's Alma Tunnel killed them both, tycoon Mohamed Al Fayed set about turning his son Dodi's relationship with Diana into a tragic love story.

But as bodyguard Kez Wingfield rubbished the catalogue of myths spun by the Harrods chief, he revealed: "The boss was desperate for that romance to have happened—but in truth it never did...

Frances Shand-Kidd's Diary revealed

A reporter claims he received Diana's mother confessions (two articles)

Diary reveals how princess's mother raged at the royals
By Auslan Cramb, Scottish Correspondent
(Filed: 29/08/2005)

Frances Shand Kydd, the mother of Diana, Princess of Wales, thought the Prince of Wales was a "spoiled brat", described Mohammed Fayed as "evil" and said the late Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother, was not as sweet as her public image suggested.

The thoughts of Mrs Shand Kydd, who died last year, were revealed yesterday in a diary kept by a friend.

Full article

Shand Kydd diaries call Royals 'brats and bitches'

JIM MCBETH

Key points
Mother of Diana Princess of Wales showers Royal family in abuse in diaries
Diaries based on conversations between Mrs Shand Kydd and journalist
Frances Shand Kydd reveals she did not believe Diana was murdered
Key quote
"He acts like a spoiled brat! He's depressed? Good" - Frances Shand Kydd on Prince Charles according to 'diaries'

Story in full

sara1981 said:

"Mrs Shand Kydd's secret thoughts about the royals are revealed in diaries written by her friend, journalist Mike Merritt. He says they are based on hundreds of conversations he had with her. They spoke often at her home in the West Highlands."

Keys words being He says.
That's called heresay folks. And it doesn't stand up in court.
Some guy stating Diana's mother told him Diana's feelings. That's like what 3 people removed from the reputed source?

Sounds like someone else out to make a buck off a dead woman.

Sammy said:
"Mrs Shand Kydd's secret thoughts about the royals are revealed in diaries written by her friend, journalist Mike Merritt. He says they are based on hundreds of conversations he had with her. They spoke often at her home in the West Highlands."

Keys words being He says.
That's called heresay folks. And it doesn't stand up in court.
Some guy stating Diana's mother told him Diana's feelings. That's like what 3 people removed from the reputed source?

Sounds like someone else out to make a buck off a dead woman.

Exactly. As long as they were his diaries rather than hers, it's probably safe to assume that they were highly coloured by his own opinions.

I wonder what Diana thought of her mother confiding in a journalist. I don't suppose it was something she would have been particularly happy about, but then she used to do it herself so she wouldn't have been in a great position to complain.

Elspeth,
THANK YOU!!!!
I think we should remember those wise words "they were highly coloured by his own opinions" as they certainly apply to the many articles and books written by those who knew or worked for Diana (as well as others in the public eye).

As I recall, Diana was upset with her mother regarding an interview Francis did with "Hello" magazine concerning the divorce. In addition to being upset with Fergie, who wrote in her autobiography that she had gotten plantars warts from borrowing Diana's shoes. I suspect, that like most of us, Diana would rather have things written about her to have come "straight from the horses mouth".

Elspeth said:
Exactly. As long as they were his diaries rather than hers, it's probably safe to assume that they were highly coloured by his own opinions.
Most of what's in the articles is Mrs. S K's own opinions about people. I'm not sure how this is different to any journalist interviewing a primary source? Do you think he would put words like "bitch" and "spoiled brat" into her mouth?

una said:
Most of what's in the articles is Mrs. S K's own opinions about people. I'm not sure how this is different to any journalist interviewing a primary source? Do you think he would put words like "bitch" and "spoiled brat" into her mouth?

If that was his opinion and if he thought that that's what she might have meant to say, of course he would. The guy's a journalist, not a court reporter.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/88212004.htm

Royal News Al Fayed Crushed By Wingfield Claims

August 30, 2005, 7:11:20 Rpyal News: MOHAMED AL FAYED is devastated by the allegations of his former bodyguard KEZ WINGFIELD, who has sensationally blamed him for the untimely demise of DIANA, PRINCESS OF WALES.

Wingfield and fellow bodyguard TREVOR REES-JONES were in charge of Diana and her boyfriend DODI FAYED's security during their stay in Paris, France in August 1997.

Elspeth said:
If that was his opinion and if he thought that that's what she might have meant to say, of course he would. The guy's a journalist, not a court reporter.

Sorry, I'm pretty ignorant about reporters, is there a difference between a journalist and a court reporter apart from one being a generalist and the other specializing in the court? Are there differences in standards of reporting?

We have other sources reporting Mrs. S K's rich language, and a mutual dislike between her and Charles, so what he says doesn't seem that unlikely to me.

By court reporter, I meant the person who sits in a courtroom and records the proceedings so that there's an accurate transcript of what went on.

A journalist writing a diary isn't held to the same standards of accuracy by any means.

Elspeth said:
By court reporter, I meant the person who sits in a courtroom and records the proceedings so that there's an accurate transcript of what went on.

A journalist writing a diary isn't held to the same standards of accuracy by any means.

Lol, sorry, misunderstood.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/music/2005/08/30/georgemichael/

GEORGE MICHAEL BUYS CONTROVERSIAL DIANA PORTRAIT

gmichael-dop2a.jpg

what you think of portrait?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom