The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Commoner

Spin doctors are at work again How trashy. Are those people thinking of William and Harry, how they are feeling

Old 06-27-2005, 12:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

No, of course they aren't thinking of William and Harry, they're thinking about making money. Diana was a handy source of cash for tabloid journalists while she was alive, and they've got no intention of taking their claws out of her as long as people will pay to read this nonsense. Gives a whole new meaning to thw word "friend," doesn't it?

The Sun is one of the worst newspapers for this sort of sensationalism.

Old 06-27-2005, 12:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Oh, and welcome to the boards, Naida!
Old 06-27-2005, 10:49 AM
Commoner

Thanks you Elspeth for nice welcome:)

I am sorry but I am about this forum. I must log in all the times: for each pictures, to send message...and I just lost a second one.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Commoner

Surprise this one worked !! Maybe the other ones were to long?
Old 06-27-2005, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Maybe they were; I don't know. You certainly shouldn't have to keep logging in. If the problem persists, you can start a thread at the Forum Support and Feedback board or ask a question at the Support Desk.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

OK, I think this has gone far enough. This is supposed to be a news thread, not a gossip thread for airing dirty laundry. If people want to talk about tabloid gossip, then let's simply link to the articles concerned, put a brief description of the subject, and leave it at that. I don't think it's appropriate for these boards to descend into long cut-and-pastes of the sort of smutty gossip so beloved of papers like the Mirror and the Sun. Nor is it necessary to make separate posts in order to cut and paste gossip about the exact same subject from a whole lot of different tabloid sources. Quite apart from anything else, cut-and-paste copying of whole articles is a copyright violation.

I'm going to go back through this thread and convert the posts to links when the subject matter is gossip rather than news and amalgamate posts so that each topic doesn't take up a whole lot of posts. Let's not see any more cut-and-paste tabloid rubbish here or on any of the other British royals boards.

Thank you.

Elspeth

British royals moderator
Old 06-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Quite apart from anything else, cut-and-paste copying of whole articles is a copyright violation.

I'm going to go back through this thread and convert the posts to links when the subject matter is gossip rather than news and amalgamate posts so that each topic doesn't take up a whole lot of posts. Let's not see any more cut-and-paste tabloid rubbish here or on any of the other British royals boards.

Thank you.

Elspeth

British royals moderator
Thank you, Elspeth. I'd prefer links with a brief description for ALL articles, actually.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Heir Apparent

SUN NEWSPAPER
Diana feared she was dying
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...ml?sectionID=2

COVER OF DIANA ABOUT COCIANE (TUES)
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...410028,00.html

COVER OF DIANA ABOUT AFFAIRS WITH JFK JR (MON)
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...123801,00.html
Old 06-27-2005, 11:25 PM
Heir Apparent

SUN NEWSPAPER
Burrell never Di's rock
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005290539,00.html

Sara Boyce
Old 06-27-2005, 11:26 PM
Heir Apparent

SUN NEWSPAPER

Headlines around world
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005290545,00.html

Sara Boyce
Old 06-28-2005, 03:15 AM
Administrator

Hunting Season?

What a rash of articles... JFK jnr, cocaine, Burrell, psychics, murder plots, etc etc.

Has the 2005 Diana Hunting Season commenced?

Old 06-28-2005, 06:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
What a rash of articles... JFK jnr, cocaine, Burrell, psychics, murder plots, etc etc.

Has the 2005 Diana Hunting Season commenced?

Beats me. I was wondering if it was full moon or something. This board is beginning to resemble a supermarket tabloid.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Aristocracy

They just can't leave the women alone. People can write anything they like about her bacause 1. she is not here to say any different and 2. for the most part Diana was a member of our Royal Family. A family that never explains and never complains. Now I know that Diana did 'explain and complain' but only the bits she wanted us to hear so there is no way of verifying these claims especially as, tragically JFK Jnr is also dead. AS for Burrell, I have lost any respect I ever had for him. He is never off the television.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Nobility

Seriously, the woman's been dead for eight years. Why can't people let her alone already?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Because there's still money to be made by digging dirt about her, unfortunately.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:57 PM
Heir Apparent

BBC NEWS

Lurid claims about Princess Diana have made the front pages once again. But what are the restrictions on what you can say about people who have died?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4630243.stm

Old 06-29-2005, 12:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think this has gone on long enough.

Gossip is bad enough and is strongly discouraged in the rules of this forum. The sort of pathetic smut being touted in this latest round of "revelations" about Diana is not appropriate here. I've tried to be tolerant about allowing some discussion, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in discussion, and all that's happening is more and more and more cut-and-pastes that are getting more and more lurid and have no newsworthy or redeeming features whatever.

This post gives notice that any further posts about Ms Simmons's book and the reactions of other celebrities to it will be deleted from any thread on the British boards.

If people have actual news about Diana, go ahead and post it. This sort of trashy gossip is not news and is not appropriate.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE=rchainho]Princess Diana's wedding dress auctioned for $2 million (Contact Music News, June 3 2005)QUOTE]

http://www.royalarchive.com/index.ph...d=812&Itemid=2
Old 06-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Nobility

Prince William's got such a cheek criticising people for betraying his mother.Camilla broke Diana's heart more than anyone yet he's never done cosying up to her. I'm sure HIS betrayal would have devastated Diana much more than anything anyone else has done. I really have no time for him or Harry not just for the aforementioned reason but because of the remote self-indulgent lifestyle they lead. Contrary to what Diana wished they seem to be very out of touch with ordinary people and their friends appear snobbish and boorish in the extreme.

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana