The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 2: August 2004-September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... the saga continues ... From yesterday's The Mail ...

Does this French woman have Diana's kidney?

From IAN GALLAGHER, Mail on Sunday 08:35am 22nd May 2005

francoiseST220505_100x110.jpg

Transplant: Francoise Gaellar

Life passes slowly in the sleepy village of Espira de l'Agly in French Catalonia. It enjoys an enviable location between the Mediterranean and snow-capped Pyrenees, but in most other respects is largely unremarkable. At least that was the case until one of its 2,500 inhabitants, Francoise Gaellar, the secretary at the local primary school, came forward with a most startling claim.

It was simply this: That on September 2, 1997, her life was saved by a kidney transplant - and the donor was Diana, Princess of Wales, killed two days earlier in a car crash in Paris....

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=349529&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source=#

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how many other people will be claiming to have Diana's kidneys before this is over. We'll probably end up realising that she had a dozen kidneys or something.

Good grief.

Elspeth said:
I wonder how many other people will be claiming to have Diana's kidneys before this is over. We'll probably end up realising that she had a dozen kidneys or something.

Good grief.

... I'm sure pretty soon she will be claiming that she is speaking on Diana's behalf ... I guess everyone wants their 15 seconds of fame ... hopefully hers doesn't last any longer than that!

i got news from Hello check it out!

The Earl in front of the Northamptonshire mansion where he and Diana grew up
Photo: © Alphapress.com
Click on photos to enlarge

Althorp House, which has been in the Spencer family for 19 generations, is home to thousands of antiques
Photo: © Rex

spencertit.gif

31 MAY 2005

Earl Spencer is producing a new line of furniture based on the thousands of antiques that fill Althorp Estate, the home where he and his iconic sister, Princess Diana, grew up.

Royalties from the collection, which is being manufactured by upscale furniture company Theodore Alexander, will be used to pay for a 10-year renovation project at the Northamptonshire mansion.

Each piece in the range is an exact replica of an item from Althorp. "The house has been looking after the furniture for hundreds of years," the 41-year-old Earl explained. "It's time for the furniture to look after the house. I was brought up to look after Althorp. It was drummed into me at a very young age that it would be mine to have, not in a way to enjoy it and abuse it in any way, but very much as a duty that I should look after this piece of Britain's heritage."

Princess Diana's younger brother is currently touring the United States to promote the collection, which is expected to generate over $10 million in its first year. Prices range from $389 for a wooden tray to over $12,000 for a large mahogany table. And Earl Spencer says he will soon launch the reproductions in British stores too.

it's a good thing he promoted the heritage like that. although, personally i would not buy any of it because i do not have that kind of money, and also because i prefer contemporary furnitures rather than antiques. but that's good...

Princess Diana's wedding dress auctioned for $2 million (Contact Music News, June 3 2005)
diana%20wedding%20dress%20small.jpg
Fragments of late British royal Diana, Princess of Wales' wedding dress are being sold on internet auction house eBay - for a staggering $2 million (GBP1 million).

The seller Gavin Young claims he was given the fabric pieces from his parents, who received the gown from London dress designers Elizabeth and David Emmanuel following Diana's 1981 wedding to Prince Charles, as a thank you gift, because their daughter Kerry had been their children's au pair for nine months.

Young has placed the five scraps of silk and lace in the higher-priced property section, but insists the remarkable price tag is negotiable.

He says, "They are possibly the most exclusive and undoubtedly unique piece of royal memorabilia ever to come out of England.

"Obviously, if the price is right, I'd be a fool not to sell. It depends who wants it."

Diana feared being assassinated, says bodyguard javascript:void window.open('http:/...=640,height=480,directories=no,location=no'); Sunday, 26 June 2005
dianaritzsecurity.jpg

Late British royal Diana, Princess of Wales told her bodyguard she feared being murdered by the British government, just weeks before her death in a car accident in Paris, France in 1997.

Diana worried she might become the victim of a conspiracy when she heard the news that her close friend, fashion designer Gianni Versace, had been shot dead.

Her bodyguard Lee Sansum says, "She said to me, 'What do you think has happened? Do you think Gianni Versace was assassinated? Who do you think has killed him? Do you think they'll kill me?'

"I had got to know her quite well and by then I took that to mean someone official killing her.

"She didn't say 'Do you think anyone could kill me?' She said 'they'. I think she meant government agencies.

"She was very troubled, not just by Versace's death, but for her own safety."

Contact Music News, June 26 2005

rchainho said:
Diana feared being assassinated, says bodyguard Sunday, 26 June 2005
dianaritzsecurity.jpg

Late British royal Diana, Princess of Wales told her bodyguard she feared being murdered by the British government, just weeks before her death in a car accident in Paris, France in 1997.

Diana worried she might become the victim of a conspiracy when she heard the news that her close friend, fashion designer Gianni Versace, had been shot dead.

Her bodyguard Lee Sansum says, "She said to me, 'What do you think has happened? Do you think Gianni Versace was assassinated? Who do you think has killed him? Do you think they'll kill me?'

"I had got to know her quite well and by then I took that to mean someone official killing her.

"She didn't say 'Do you think anyone could kill me?' She said 'they'. I think she meant government agencies.

"She was very troubled, not just by Versace's death, but for her own safety."

Contact Music News, June 26 2005

I dont think Diana was in trouble no! but the paparazzi was in troubles for getting pictures during chase to Princess Diana but i think i read in articles says paparazzi was in charges for manslaughter or whatever to getting pictures of Princess Diana and getting more money for Diana but i dont think Diana did her fault for her friend's murder no!

Sara Boyce

Spin doctors are at work again :mad::mad: How trashy. Are those people thinking of William and Harry, how they are feeling :confused:

No, of course they aren't thinking of William and Harry, they're thinking about making money. Diana was a handy source of cash for tabloid journalists while she was alive, and they've got no intention of taking their claws out of her as long as people will pay to read this nonsense. Gives a whole new meaning to thw word "friend," doesn't it?

The Sun is one of the worst newspapers for this sort of sensationalism.

Thanks you Elspeth for nice welcome:)

I am sorry but I am :mad: about this forum. I must log in all the times: for each pictures, to send message...and I just lost a second one.:confused:

Surprise :rolleyes: this one worked !! Maybe the other ones were to long?:confused:

Maybe they were; I don't know. You certainly shouldn't have to keep logging in. If the problem persists, you can start a thread at the Forum Support and Feedback board or ask a question at the Support Desk.

OK, I think this has gone far enough. This is supposed to be a news thread, not a gossip thread for airing dirty laundry. If people want to talk about tabloid gossip, then let's simply link to the articles concerned, put a brief description of the subject, and leave it at that. I don't think it's appropriate for these boards to descend into long cut-and-pastes of the sort of smutty gossip so beloved of papers like the Mirror and the Sun. Nor is it necessary to make separate posts in order to cut and paste gossip about the exact same subject from a whole lot of different tabloid sources. Quite apart from anything else, cut-and-paste copying of whole articles is a copyright violation.

I'm going to go back through this thread and convert the posts to links when the subject matter is gossip rather than news and amalgamate posts so that each topic doesn't take up a whole lot of posts. Let's not see any more cut-and-paste tabloid rubbish here or on any of the other British royals boards.

Thank you.

Elspeth

British royals moderator

Last edited:
Elspeth said:
Quite apart from anything else, cut-and-paste copying of whole articles is a copyright violation.

I'm going to go back through this thread and convert the posts to links when the subject matter is gossip rather than news and amalgamate posts so that each topic doesn't take up a whole lot of posts. Let's not see any more cut-and-paste tabloid rubbish here or on any of the other British royals boards.

Thank you.

Elspeth

British royals moderator

Thank you, Elspeth. I'd prefer links with a brief description for ALL articles, actually.

Hunting Season?

What a rash of articles... JFK jnr, cocaine, Burrell, psychics, murder plots, etc etc.

Has the 2005 Diana Hunting Season commenced?

Warren said:
What a rash of articles... JFK jnr, cocaine, Burrell, psychics, murder plots, etc etc.

Has the 2005 Diana Hunting Season commenced?

Beats me. I was wondering if it was full moon or something. This board is beginning to resemble a supermarket tabloid.

They just can't leave the women alone. People can write anything they like about her bacause 1. she is not here to say any different and 2. for the most part Diana was a member of our Royal Family. A family that never explains and never complains. Now I know that Diana did 'explain and complain' but only the bits she wanted us to hear so there is no way of verifying these claims especially as, tragically JFK Jnr is also dead. AS for Burrell, I have lost any respect I ever had for him. He is never off the television.

Seriously, the woman's been dead for eight years. Why can't people let her alone already?

Because there's still money to be made by digging dirt about her, unfortunately.

I think this has gone on long enough.

Gossip is bad enough and is strongly discouraged in the rules of this forum. The sort of pathetic smut being touted in this latest round of "revelations" about Diana is not appropriate here. I've tried to be tolerant about allowing some discussion, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in discussion, and all that's happening is more and more and more cut-and-pastes that are getting more and more lurid and have no newsworthy or redeeming features whatever.

This post gives notice that any further posts about Ms Simmons's book and the reactions of other celebrities to it will be deleted from any thread on the British boards.

If people have actual news about Diana, go ahead and post it. This sort of trashy gossip is not news and is not appropriate.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator.

Prince William's got such a cheek criticising people for betraying his mother.Camilla broke Diana's heart more than anyone yet he's never done cosying up to her. I'm sure HIS betrayal would have devastated Diana much more than anything anyone else has done. I really have no time for him or Harry not just for the aforementioned reason but because of the remote self-indulgent lifestyle they lead. Contrary to what Diana wished they seem to be very out of touch with ordinary people and their friends appear snobbish and boorish in the extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom