The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 2: August 2004-September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like a nightmare. Good heavens.

sara1981 said:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/music/2005/08/30/georgemichael/

GEORGE MICHAEL BUYS CONTROVERSIAL DIANA PORTRAIT

what you think of portrait?
I cannot believe someone painted this picture and George Michael, who was a friend of Diana's, bought it?? George Michael even attended her funeral!!!Surprised Mohammed Al-Fayed didn't buy or commission this garbage!!

This portrait is just another example of someone trying to make money off of Diana and stir the pot further. Shame on the artist and shame on George for buying it!! I thought George had a little more class than that!! I would only support his buying it if he was going to destroy it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Art is art, there's no rules. Some will be outraged no matter what it is. But just because she photographed nicely doesn't mean she should be off-limits.

Elspeth said:
It looks like a nightmare. Good heavens.
I don't think he was going for a Sargent lol. ;) :)

Alicky said:
Art is art, there's no rules. Some will be outraged no matter what it is. But just because she photographed nicely doesn't mean she should be off-limits.

My objection is to the words printed behind her. They stir the pot of controversy!! Obviously this artist is so desperate to be noticed that she had to do this to get attention!! That is what I object to!!

Those words behind her have been used by all of us too, I guess we're all controversial villains.

Alicky said:
Those words behind her have been used by all of us too, I guess we're all controversial villains.

Gee Alicky, did you paint someone and put those words behind them?? I think that is a bit different. That is public humiliation on a world scale. Who amongst our acquaintances is that famous??

What's the difference? One might say that because we sit around and talk about it constantly and much more seriously, as opposed to a an unknown garish little painting, that we're the greater evil. But you're saying that what was on the painting is not the issue here, the issue is just the fact that words are portrayed behind someone? I don't think it is public humiliation, who is booing Diana because of this portrait?

Alicky said:
What's the difference? One might say that because we sit around and talk about it constantly and much more seriously, as opposed to a an unknown garish little painting, that we're the greater evil. But you're saying that what was on the painting is not the issue here, the issue is just the fact that words are portrayed behind someone? I don't think it is public humiliation, who is booing Diana because of this portrait?

The problem Alicky is that those words keep the falsehoods alive. There are too many out there!! She wasn't pregnant. We have no conclusive evidence that she was murdered!!

This kind of portrait is damaging also to poor William and Harry!! How do you think they would feel seeing a portrait of their Beloved Mother like that?? Would you want to see your mother portrayed that way??

Yes, but art has no codes of morals and Diana is a historical figure and we have to expect that this kind of stuff is going to be going on for a long long time.
Would you complain if an artist made this one? PS: You should let me make you a Camilla avatar next.....;) :D

Alicky said:
Diana is a historical figure and we have to expect that this kind of stuff is going to be going on for a long long time.

Would you complain if an artist made this one? PS: You should let me make you a Camilla avatar next.....;) :D

Alicky, as Queen Victoria has been often quoted as saying, "We are not amused.":mad: :mad:

I have no desire to debate you, for we will never agree.

Henri Matisse has often been quoted as saying "creativity takes courage."

Settle down, please. In a free country, artists are allowed to paint all manner of weird things and people are allowed to express their opinions about it.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

sara1981 said:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/music/2005/08/30/georgemichael/

GEORGE MICHAEL BUYS CONTROVERSIAL DIANA PORTRAIT

what you think of portrait?

That is one of the saddest and most desperate things I have seen in long time.Why can't people just leave her alone??????:mad: She was one of the people who did something good with their fame and fortunes.I just pray and hope she is happy and "alone" where ever she is.God bless her.:)

polop said:
That is one of the saddest and most desperate things I have seen in long time.Why can't people just leave her alone??????:mad: She was one of the people who did something good with their fame and fortunes.I just pray and hope she is happy and "alone" where ever she is.God bless her.:)

The portrait is gross. What pleasure can that man gain by owning it?

I'm a true-blue Diana fan, and I wouldn't want that thing in my house!

Harry's polo shirt said:
Royal News Poivre d'Arvor And Princess Diana

A candle-lit dinner between Britain's Princess Dianna and a famous French television anchorman is being investigated by Paris police...

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/89982004.htm

OH LORD! These people will say or do anything for their 15 minutes of fame!! :mad: :mad: It has been 8 years, and now he is telling his story? Gee, he must need money and attention!!:mad: :mad:

It'll be funny if the police haul him in for questioning and he has to admit he made it all up! LOL!

Tomorrow Oprah is interviewing the doctor who tended to Diana in tunnel and he's supposed to put rumors to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom