The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-21-2011, 12:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I have read in books where her friends said, that she wanted her sons to know the truth from her, to lessen their hurt when lies were told about her in the press. She wanted them to know the true facts.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Serene Highness

Memories of Diana - 'How Things Might Have Been'
Memories of Diana - 'How Things Might Have Been' - Princess Diana Remembered

Royal wedding brings back memories of Princess Diana
Royal wedding brings back memories of Princess Diana - CNN.com

Old 04-26-2011, 06:23 AM
Aristocracy

I recall very clearly saying, on the day that Charles wed Diana "It's just as well that she's entering the one marriage that can't end in divorce, because they are separated by far more than thirteen chronological years."!!!!!!!! So, I got it half right, but what really saddens me is watching the reruns of the day and seeing that pretty face radiant with love and hope, anticipating a happy future then having to compare it with the b eauty she became, beneath which, in unguarded moments, could be detected weariness and cynicism, all hope erased. No point in saying she should have known what she was getting into, she was nineteen, her emotions probably much younger and she believed that life played out along the lines of Barbara Cartland romances and she had her Prince Charming to prove it. However, all these years on, much as it pains me to admit it, I think Camilla is, and always was the right woman for Charles, just not considered ,at the time, suitable material to be the mother of a future Monarch. I just hope, that on Friday, somewhere Diana will be beaming with love and pride as the eldest of her two beautiful boys marries the woman he's so obviously in love with. When love leads duty happily follows.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:59 PM
Royal Highness

I remember something from her life time, my mother was in harrod's durinG the time she was engaged to prince charles, when she saw someone looking just like lady di, she turned to the lady next to her and said, Doesn't she look like lady DI? The woman answered, she is lady di. My mum does recall she was aWfully sweet and shy!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:20 PM

I loved watching all of the royal wedding programs of William and Kate because they always had items in there about Diana. There is not much reference out there about Diana anymore so that was refreshing to see these programs and
I even found a neat website about her....Page One
Old 05-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Aristocracy

A memory of Diana visiting near where I used to live.
Diana was talking to the family of a terminally ill patient. Her Lady-in-Waiting made her aware of the time ,the tight schedule and that she would be late her response
"tough".
Old 05-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

lady of hay, I love that story!

Another story of Diana with a hospital patient...shortly after her divorce she was visiting Great Ormond Street Children's hospital and a little girl who was terminally ill admired the Princess's nail polish.

Late that night after all the photogs were gone, Diana came alone with the same nail polish in a bottle, sat on the child's bed and painted the little girl's nails herself.

Every time I think about that story, I start tearing up to cry.

What a special person the world lost.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

That's the first time I've heard of that story; its so cute. Its such a shame she's no longer physically with us.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Gentry

I am so pleased to see a thread honoring Diana's life and not horbouring on the night of her death and conspiracy. Anyone would like more to be remembered for how they lived and not how they died.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for these wonderful links gfg!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
A memory of Diana visiting near where I used to live...
Love it! You tell em Diana!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Another story of Diana with a hospital patient...
I heard that story before... and blubbed my eyes out! What a woman! The doctor said Diana made the dying children feel more comfortable faster than medicine, and I believe him!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Serene Highness

MEETING DIANA:
Tammy's Turns
Old 04-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Royal Highness

Very Nice article , Thanx For Posting gfg02
Old 04-13-2012, 12:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
A memory of Diana visiting near where I used to live.
Diana was talking to the family of a terminally ill patient. Her Lady-in-Waiting made her aware of the time ,the tight schedule and that she would be late her response
"tough".
Not at all surprising. Diana was the type of person who enjoyed giving a part of herself to those who were in need of love. She did her engagements because she sincerely believed in helping others, not because they were a duty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
lady of hay, I love that story!

Another story of Diana with a hospital patient...shortly after her divorce she was visiting Great Ormond Street Children's hospital and a little girl who was terminally ill admired the Princess's nail polish.

Late that night after all the photogs were gone, Diana came alone with the same nail polish in a bottle, sat on the child's bed and painted the little girl's nails herself.

Every time I think about that story, I start tearing up to cry.

What a special person the world lost.
Wow. If this doesn't move one to tears, I don't know what will. No words really, except that the little girl must have been in heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I heard that story before... and blubbed my eyes out! What a woman! The doctor said Diana made the dying children feel more comfortable faster than medicine, and I believe him!
Completely agree here. Love is the best medicine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02 View Post
MEETING DIANA:
Tammy's Turns
This creeps me out just a little, not to mention that some of the remarks directed at Prince Charles are a little too hostile. I don't want to start anything, but I'm a firm believer that these two individuals were/are good people, and in their own ways they shared themselves with the world.

I don't have a memory of Diana, because I've never met her, but I do remember hearing about her since early childhood. I wanted to see her when she came to Moscow, but it never materialized. However, even though I've never seen her in the flesh, I still remember her kindness that appeared to radiate off of her even through television screen. She definitely had something special about her. She was a devoted mother, and one can see a great deal of her (and Prince Charles) in William and Harry. They're exceptional, caring and compassionate men, and that couldn't have happened if the traits were not encouraged to develop by the parents.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

Remembering Princess Diana
CLARK'S TALES: Remembering Princess Diana

In the footsteps of Prince Charles and Lady Diana…
http://200yc.wordpress.com/tag/bondi-beach/
Old 06-13-2012, 11:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar bobo Iv View Post
that sounds like Diana i hope she did that because that is a really heart warming story
Sure she did that. I still have that article of the interview with the Hugh's widow Sarah Lindsay in my archive. But because I might cause the copyright piracy, I don't post it here. It is a very touching story.

The following is Sarah Lindsay's own words:

"She knew that Sunday evenings were a lonely time for me and she rang me every week for three years. She was just thoughtful and kind and knew the bad moments. She was always there when I wanted her."

I want to clarify that the interview was carried out in the week following her death. And it is never told before her death. So people should not think that Diana did this just to glorify herself.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I remember Diana mentioning in Morton's book about how she had Mrs. Lindsay stay at Highgrove with her for a weekend or so as well.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:29 AM
Nobility

I just saw an interview of Jimmy Choo in April this year. Choo is a shoe designer who made shoes for Diana for 7 years. In the interview he mentioned about Diana. The interview was done in Chinese, This is a translation I made. Please bear my poor English. Hope you guys understand it and enjoy it.

Interviewer: After Diana became your client. How did you design shoes for her.

Choo: She gave me a great chance. Everytime I met her in the palace, she would showed me some clothes and told me which country she was going to visit, such as Janpan, or other countries. I will design the shoes according to her clothes.

Interviewer: How long it took you to design and make a pair of shoe?

Choo: We were very quick, because at that time I had alread have some assitants to help me. Roughly it took 2 weeks to make 12 pairs.

Interviewer: 12 pairs in 2 two weeks (suprised)

Choo: No problem, no problem. Because we had already known her size. Her size is 38. But every time I made shoes for her, she never had a problem with them. She would not say this part was not good engouh, or that part was not good enough. Never. Everytime I made shoes for her, she would always send me a note, saying "thank you very much, I feel very comfirtable in your shoes."

Choo: The last year, when I visited her the last year, it was her birthday. She wanted me to make a pair of shoe for her. She served me some cookies. I jokily asked her where she got these cookies from, Harrods or Mark and Spencer? She just smiled and didn't answer, because I mentioned the name "Harrods".

Choo: She didn't answer me, just smiled. At that time we were friends already. I didn't treat her like a princess, and she didn't treat me as a famous designer. We just talked, sitting on the floor, like good friends. Very nice girl, very nice princess. Everytime she would ask me "how is your mother, how is your father". Very nice.

Interviewer: I heard that she was very kind.

Choo: (A) very good, very kind, very kind princess. Everytime after I visited her in the palace, when I left for home, she would help me take the suitcase of the sample shoes, and walk me to my car.

Choo: I remember the first time she did that, I said, "No, No, you don't need to do that." She asked, "why not?" I still insisted not. The reason is because I thought my car was too old, too old. It was a car of almost 20-year old. I just said, 'no, no, you don't need to do that.' But she said, "just come with me," and then lead the way. On the way, everytime we passed by a car, she asked,'Is this one, it is a grant car.' I said, 'no.' When we got to my car, I said, 'it is this one.' She said, "Oh, my sister has the same kind of car. It is a good-looking car." She was a very good, very good person.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbrida View Post
The following is Sarah Lindsay's own words...
Thank you for that detail. Again, not surprising, considering the person we're discussing here.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Indeed. I always feel awkward around grieving people, because I don't usually know what to say to comfort them or just don't want to say the wrong thing. I respect those who can. Diana was obviously one of those people. It was very kind of her to be there for Mrs. Lindsay.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Nobility

Totally agree.

Another remarkable trait of Diana is, she can keep in touch with people for a really long time. She would not just touch and the leave. Talking about Mrs Lindsay's case. just months before her death, Diana just sent Mrs Lindsay a congratulation on her second baby's born. For 1988 to 1997, it lasted for 9 years.

Another little story in my archive is about a girl called Louise Woolcock. Diana met her and her family two times before she died in 1992. However, after that Diana didn't forget her and her family. She would send flowers to Louise' family on every anniversary of Louise's death. The last time was just 4 weeks before Diana's own death, the fifth anniversary of Louise's death. The irony thing is, I wonder if there is anyone will send flowers to Diana's family on her own anniversary.

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana