The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-14-2019, 04:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We'll definitely have to agree to disagree on this point, m'friend.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-15-2019, 02:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
I know but the people of the UK and all over the world did. I know it became bad when it went over her head that she was the one people wanted and it was the Diana show but face it, it’s the people’s opinion in my opinion that matters more than how the British Royal Family function.
Unlike some political systems a monarchy is not a popularity contest

(imo ofcourse)

Old 03-15-2019, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I know but the people of the UK and all over the world did. I know it became bad when it went over her head that she was the one people wanted and it was the Diana show but face it, it’s the people’s opinion in my opinion that matters more than how the British Royal Family function.
Not really. Diana's title and status came from being married to Charles. When they were divorced she was no longer a member of the RF. And popularity can be very fickle.. She was not a royal any more, she was mixing with the celebrity jet set and its possible that in time, as she grew a little older, that the popularity would fade
Old 03-15-2019, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

You're right Denville. For example, lets look at Michael Jackson. Immensely popular the world over and now his reputation has taken such a hit that radio stations globally are refusing to play his music due to the impact of "Leaving Neverland". Even Jackson's daughter, Paris, says "its not my job to defend my father".

Fame and celebrity are fickle beasts and so is popular opinion.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Not really. Diana's title and status came from being married to Charles. When they were divorced she was no longer a member of the RF. And popularity can be very fickle.. She was not a royal any more, she was mixing with the celebrity jet set and its possible that in time, as she grew a little older, that the popularity would fade
Charles was the focal point. He was a Prince of the Blood. Without marriage to him, Diana would have remained Lady Diana Frances Spencer until her marriage to a different gentleman.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
You're right Denville. For example, lets look at Michael Jackson. Immensely popular the world over and now his reputation has taken such a hit that radio stations globally are refusing to play his music due to the impact of "Leaving Neverland". Even Jackson's daughter, Paris, says "its not my job to defend my father".

Fame and celebrity are fickle beasts and so is popular opinion.
I hardly think you can compare Diana to Mich Jackson....I only meant that if she was getting older, the press might nto be so interested in pictures of an older middle aged woman... and would move on to younger targets.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Exactly. Time passes and interest wanes. Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, teen idols such as Davy Jones, Bobby Sherman, David Cassidy and several rock stars were splashed all over the front of magazines geared to the fandom of said "stars". Those stars faded with time.

Now one never hears of them too much except for the gentle reminder how old we're getting because they've died and are no longer with us. Of course Diana and Michael Jackson were two totally different people and not alike in any shape or form but they both attained a level of "superstardom" that defined their era.

Diana, Princess of Wales is an exception of a star that never faded and remains shining because her tragic death was so unexpected and happened while she was still very much admired and followed by her fans.

Old 03-16-2019, 09:34 PM
Aristocracy

Happy St. Patricks Day..

With ballet as a serious hobby, Diana was known to have a love for dance in general, growing up participating in it.

I've never heard whether she was particularly fond of trips to Ireland, but the country as a whole has a hearty appetite, especially in the folk dancing idiom. Though not in league with the Bolshoi ballet, it seems she would've admired other traditional forms as well. If anyone knows..

May Tree SPb Ceili Dance Club
Old 03-16-2019, 09:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Diana most definitely loved to dance and its the years and years of doing it that gave her the natural grace she had. That's one place that Charles and Diana shone. On the dance floor.

I don't believe I've read anywhere where Diana was particularly trained in Irish step dance. However, Diana and Harry did go and watch a performance of Riverdance back in 1996 (2 years after Riverdance debuted) and I would imagine she absolutely loved it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Dian...pYcDJnCyrkY4M:

Old 03-19-2019, 01:05 AM
Aristocracy

Interesting...and the link to the Riverdance evening. Never saw much of the show till now, but they apparently conquered the world with it.

On another note, Billy Joel was perhaps not quite the songwriter Elton was, but imo Diana picked a great number to hit the stage with back then.

Thankfully some stills were taken.. The star performer offers a fairly robust account of the evening, the impression being that he was a little star struck himself.

Old 03-19-2019, 05:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Diana most definitely loved to dance and its the years and years of doing it that gave her the natural grace she had. That's one place that Charles and Diana shone. On the dance floor.

I don't believe I've read anywhere where Diana was particularly trained in Irish step dance. However, Diana and Harry did go and watch a performance of Riverdance back in 1996 (2 years after Riverdance debuted) and I would imagine she absolutely loved it.
No never heard of her having any relationship with Rep of Ireland.. or Irish dancing..
I don't know if Charles was much of a dancer
Old 03-19-2019, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Did not Prince Charles take dancing lessons when he was in school?
Old 03-20-2019, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Did not Prince Charles take dancing lessons when he was in school?
I have no idea, I shouldn't think so...…
Old 03-20-2019, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I have no idea, I shouldn't think so...…
Would not Charles have needed to know how to dance for all the royal balls, parties, and receptions that were given? Obviously he knew how to dance before he met Diana.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't know if Charles received formal dancing lessons but he could hold his own on the dance floor and seemed to enjoy it. Case in point was the time (when Charles was single) and dating Anna "Whiplash" Wallace and she got very irate and walked out on him because he spent too much time on the dance floor with Camilla.

Diana definitely was the more adept dancer as she loved the dance and wanted to be a ballerina until she grew too tall. She was forever with her walkman and dancing wherever she could find room to do it in.

Diana dancing with John Travolta is my personal favorite.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:33 PM
Majesty

Charles and Anne (and probably Andrew and Edward) took private dancing lessons from Madame Vacani, who taught generations of royals (including Elizabeth and Margaret) and aristocrats' children both at Windsor, Buckingham Palace and at rooms in Mayfair for her general dancing classes. There were two Madame Vacanis, Betty and Marguerite. Diana later briefly helped out at dancing classes for this school in the 1970s.

Charles may have been taught Scottish Highland dancing privately by another teacher. I know the Strathmores had their children taught this form of dance by an elderly piper who went weekly to Glamis, and something like that may have been arranged for Charles at BP.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:01 PM
Courtier

Diana had inner beauty that really shined through her.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Charles and Anne (and probably Andrew and Edward) took private dancing lessons from Madame Vacani, who taught generations of royals (including Elizabeth and Margaret) and aristocrats' children both at Windsor, Buckingham Palace and at rooms in Mayfair for her general dancing classes. There were two Madame Vacanis, Betty and Marguerite. Diana later briefly helped out at dancing classes for this school in the 1970s.

Charles may have been taught Scottish Highland dancing privately by another teacher. I know the Strathmores had their children taught this form of dance by an elderly piper who went weekly to Glamis, and something like that may have been arranged for Charles at BP.
I suppose he might have learned but as a kid, before he went to school... and possibly because of the Scottish connextion he did have to learn Highland dancing as well but privately...
Old 08-30-2019, 11:39 AM
Courtier

I was watching videos of her visiting Leprosy hospitals and her being a patron of Leprosy and I loved how she poured out her love to them and showed compassion and humbleness. That’s what true royalty is and what a true princess is. A princess that shows love to everyone especially those in need. She will always be my favorite princess.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I was watching videos of her visiting Leprosy hospitals and her being a patron of Leprosy and I loved how she poured out her love to them and showed compassion and humbleness. That’s what true royalty is and what a true princess is. A princess that shows love to everyone especially those in need. She will always be my favorite princess.
She was amazing with the people. She loved people and people loved her right back. There was so much more to Diana than what people normally talk about whenever her name comes up. It’s 2019 and shes still not forgotten.

A.W. TOZER

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana