The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-26-2018, 01:00 AM
Majesty

Yes, I agree. The Spencer girls all had similar sort of colouring, really. Jane had brown hair with some reddish lights, Sarah was more ginger and the young Diana was in between the two, IMO. She lightened her hair a bit when she went to live in London I think, and certainly it was a lighter colour by the time of her engagement. The blonde look of a few years later may well have been at the suggestion of her hairdresser.

Old 06-30-2018, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Why should she dye her hair? Is it an obligation or what?
Why shouldn't she dye her hair? Most women have done so at some stage....and Diana's natural light brown was pretty enough but not special. Wen she went blonde, she became really beautiful...

Old 06-30-2018, 08:48 AM
Majesty

I never dyed my hair, I like my natural colour.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:59 AM
Majesty

Gosh, I've dyed mine. All the colours of the rainbow at one time or another! Diana's choice to go blonde and she looked spectacular. It really suited her.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I'd say most women dye their hair, unless they cant afford it or are very happy with the colour they have.. I had a friend who had very dark hair.. who wanted to be blonde ad she dyed it fairer.. My hair is also brown, and I often dyed or highlighted it to a golden blonde..
Old 06-30-2018, 10:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I'd say most women dye their hair, unless they cant afford it or are very happy with the colour they have.. I had a friend who had very dark hair.. who wanted to be blonde ad she dyed it fairer.. My hair is also brown, and I often dyed or highlighted it to a golden blonde..
It probably depends on your social circle. I never dyed my hair nor did many of my family members or friends (and of course that's no evidence that others don't do so, I've had several colleagues who did). And cost or 'being very happy with hair colour' was never a consideration. Just never felt the need to do so, never thought about the question whether a different colour would suit me better...

I mainly associate(d) it with older people who want to camouflage their greying hair or with young people going wild (of course I know there are others who don't fit either group who like to do so - many royals included - but while indeed rather common probably not as common as you think)
Old 06-30-2018, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I'd say most women I know, who have brown or fairish hair, have gone blonde at some stage.. Darker women no, because they mostly know that to try a lighter colour doesn't suit tehm.. though I had one woman friend who insisted on doing it...
Old 06-30-2018, 04:32 PM
Gentry

In a handful of family pics..along with chestnut, red highlights are seen, though no one ever referred to her as a redhead.

She wisely avoided any aspect of bleach-blonde. Instead, a wheaten look conveyed the impression of very natural color.

(1983) for example.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Today, July 1st, is Diana Frances' birthday. In 1981 she turned twenty. She was an extremely young twenty on her wedding day of July 29th. Her wedding day brought happiness.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Today, July 1st, is Diana Frances' birthday. In 1981 she turned twenty. She was an extremely young twenty on her wedding day of July 29th. Her wedding day brought happiness.
whom did it bring happiness to? Not to Diana nor to Charles....
Old 07-03-2018, 05:23 AM
Gentry

Often, 'anticipation' in a great undertaking can be as fulfilling if not more so, than the actual experience. There were a basket of reasons for her to be optimistic.
_______

"I knew that something profound was coming my way and I was just treading water waiting for it. I didn't know what it was, I didn't know where it was, I didn't know if it was coming next year or next month, but I knew I was different..where I was going."

'Diana - in her own words tapes'
Old 07-04-2018, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan View Post
Often, 'anticipation' in a great undertaking can be as fulfilling if not more so, than the actual experience. There were a basket of reasons for her to be optimistic.
_______

"I knew that something profound was coming my way and I was just treading water waiting for it. I didn't know what it was, I didn't know where it was, I didn't know if it was coming next year or next month, but I knew I was different..where I was going."

'Diana - in her own words tapes'
Im not sure how hopeful she was... or Charles.. when both confessed to misgivings...
Old 07-18-2018, 05:26 AM
Royal Highness

Got some change today after buying a drink, and the fifty-cent piece had Charles and Diana on it.

(Together in profile, with the Queen in profile facing the other way on the other side.)

Haven't seen one of those for such a long, long time.

Stilll in circulation from 1981 - a bit amazing with all that has happened in those Royal lives since it was first issued.

(And they did a good job of Diana's iconic hairstyle of the time.)
Old 07-18-2018, 06:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Got some change today after buying a drink, and the fifty-cent piece had Charles and Diana on it.

(Together in profile, with the Queen in profile facing the other way on the other side.)

Haven't seen one of those for such a long, long time.

Stilll in circulation from 1981 - a bit amazing with all that has happened in those Royal lives since it was first issued.

(And they did a good job of Diana's iconic hairstyle of the time.)

I was a hairdresser at the time. Believe me, that "iconic hairstyle" has much to answer for!!!!!
Old 07-25-2018, 04:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaritsa View Post
I was a hairdresser at the time. Believe me, that "iconic hairstyle" has much to answer for!!!!!
I thought it was quite nice, for those of us who can't seem to grow long hair...
Old 07-25-2018, 04:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I agree. Its a hairstyle that I've had quite a bit over the years. It just suits me.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 07-25-2018, 08:54 AM
Courtier

I don't know if it was the natural state or the haircuts, but Diana (and her sisters) had / have nice hair.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
I don't know if it was the natural state or the haircuts, but Diana (and her sisters) had / have nice hair.
Cetainly the Spencers have good hair.

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana