The Late Diana, Princess of Wales News Thread 6: June-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sirhon11234 said:
I suggest you read this article
The most savage attack on Diana EVER | the Daily Mail

Just as I don't find it amusing that whenever there is a negative story about Diana, the Camilla fans are the first ones to say its true.
We do know that Camilla and APB courted for 3 years, not the time stated by Tina Brown, we can also see that it was not Camilla or Charles' friends that she spoke to.
This is, IMO, the most truthful sentence in the excerpt.

"Diana ruthlessly pursued Charles because of his position. Her mother Frances Shand Kydd tried to talk her out of the marriage. When she demanded to know whether she loved the Prince or loved "what he is", Diana retorted: "What's the difference".

The fact that Camilla and Charles have been together for so long, through slings and arrows, is for me, an example of a deep and abiding love for one another, not love of a title or position.

Last edited:
I accept that Diana wasn't perfect there were times when she was vindictive and manipulative but we are all like that.

I think Penny Junor wrote a book one day, saying something really bad about Diana (sorry I don't remember the book ...) and on the releasing day, Charles denied this story. Is it true ?

TheTruth said:
What's really amusing is that during her lifetime no one dared to attack Diana and now, after 10 years, everybody has something to say and make money of it. What a band of miserly people !
That is not true. On the morning of her death, the papers were poised to do a hatchet job on Diana, likening her to a woodentop, the twitterings of a woman who, if her IQ were five points lower, would have to be watered daily.
Even the media was getting a little tired of the constant holidays and boyfriends.

misselle said:
Diana wasn't a saint,she wasn't perfect,but she also was not a monster!She had her faults,but she was a likeable human being who had the ability to sit down and talk with any one and make them feel special.

Both women should be treated fairly.
Well put. But, the Camilla fans will never accept this reality, and vice versa for the dedicated Dianaists.

But, Diana could be a monster at times. I'm sure Camilla is no saint 24/7, either. They are and were just human beings, after all.

Skydragon said:
That is not true. On the morning of her death, the papers were poised to do a hatchet job on Diana, likening her to a woodentop, the twitterings of a woman who, if her IQ were five points lower, would have to be watered daily.
Even the media was getting a little tired of the constant holidays and boyfriends.

Well yeah okay, but we'll have to admitt that everyone wants a portion of the cake :rolleyes:

misselle said:
but she was a likeable human being who had the ability to sit down and talk with any one and make them feel special.
Not to everyone or indeed anyone and to me this is where the problem arises. The Diana fans would have us believe that everyone thought she was wonderful, when the simple fact is they didn't. Nor do I suggest that everyone likes Camilla or that she can make everyone feel special (although now she has been given a chance, many who have met her would say she made them feel special).

Even if I really like Diana that doesn't mean I hate Camilla. I'm sure both , Diana and Camilla, have something special. Nobody is totally white or totally black. I think that's what people forget sometimes. The Diana fans think Camilla is the demon and same thing for Diana in the Camilla 'Club'. I wish for PEACE between the 2 groups :angel: lol.

I also posted these words:I am a Diana fan,but I also accept Camilla,now.I wish that things had turned out differently,but Diana is dead,life goes on,and Camilla is part of Charles' life. Both women should be treated fairly.
Both women should be treated fairly.Camilla will do well,but there are those people out there who don't want her to do well;these people are irrational in their dislike of her.And the anti-Diana group are equally as irrational in their dislike of her.Both women are not perfect because they are human beings.Every one should be treated with dignity,respect,courtesy and it's sad that there are people out there making money by printing salacious,biased,not completely truthful biographies.

TheTruth said:
Even if I really like Diana that doesn't mean I hate Camilla. I'm sure both , Diana and Camilla, have something special. Nobody is totally white or totally black. I think that's what people forget sometimes. The Diana fans think Camilla is the demon and same thing for Diana in the Camilla 'Club'.
What about those of us who didn't like the Diana we saw right from the start, when there was no Camilla or Diana camp? Perhaps it is simply a case of exercising our own judgement, based on what we have seen, heard or experienced.
What has always disturbed me, is that many people dislike/hate Camilla based on rumour, gossip and a bitter woman looking to place the blame anywhere but at her own doorstep. A dislike based solely on what they have read and insinuation.

Last edited:
I can't remember that time, I was 6 when Diana died lol. What I see today is 2 camps but thank god there's still some people like you and me who don't fight because we like one of the 2 women.

I think what people have to realise is that (especially for those of us in Britain) the barrage of pro-Diana press which remains sycophantic and idol-worshipping even in the face of evidence that shows Diana was human and did do things wrong occassionally, is extremely irritating and annoying. It raises people's tempers because the press seem to want to represent every Briton as a cabbie-types who go around with pictures of Di in our wallets, getting teary eyed when we hear her name and choking back sobs as we say,"Gawd bless 'er". And that isn't the case. The problem is with generalisation. Diana fans tend to say, "All the world loved her" and "Everyone thought she was so special" and that is not only untrue but silly and that silliness makes people angry. Whenever these conversations take place, those who don't like Diana simply give up because it seems the brick wall of Di-love is totally unbreakable, however much evidence you show that some of the foundations of that wall are a bit wobbly.

And even if I admire Diana, I agree that it get's on my nerves sometimes too. She's dead. You would like to say : " Okay it was sad, but geez people get on with it ! "

Skydragon said:
We do know that Camilla and APB courted for 3 years, not the time stated by Tina Brown, we can also see that it was not Camilla or Charles' friends that she spoke to.

"Diana ruthlessly pursued Charles because of his position. Her mother Frances Shand Kydd tried to talk her out of the marriage. When she demanded to know whether she loved the Prince or loved "what he is", Diana retorted: "What's the difference".

The fact that Camilla and Charles have been together for so long, through slings and arrows, is for me, an example of a deep and abiding love for one another, not love of a title or position.

Hang on a minute - this "truthful sentence" is a verbatim account of what appears to be a private conversation between mother and daughter. What are the sources? Was Mrs Shand Kydd recording the conversation and handed a tape to a journalist, or how did the author know what had been said between the two of them?

Elspeth said:
Hang on a minute - this "truthful sentence" is a verbatim account of what appears to be a private conversation between mother and daughter. What are the sources? Was Mrs Shand Kydd recording the conversation and handed a tape to a journalist, or how did the author know what had been said between the two of them?
Whether FSK said this or tried to talk her out of the marriage or not, I believe that she did pursue Charles - "Diana ruthlessly pursued Charles because of his position. Her mother Frances Shand Kydd tried to talk her out of the marriage. When she demanded to know whether she loved the Prince or loved "what he is", Diana retorted: "What's the difference".

I have always said, IMO, Diana loved the Prince of Wales not Charles the man.

Skydragon said:
Whether FSK said this or tried to talk her out of the marriage or not, I believe that she did pursue Charles - "Diana ruthlessly pursued Charles because of his position. Her mother Frances Shand Kydd tried to talk her out of the marriage. When she demanded to know whether she loved the Prince or loved "what he is", Diana retorted: "What's the difference".

I have always said, IMO, Diana loved the Prince of Wales not Charles the man.
Well thats your opinion Skydragon.

Skydragon said:

If she only loved the title of Prince of Wales and not Charles why did she accept the divorce ? Why did she talk about Camilla and all? If she married Charles only to be Queen she would have shut her mouth even if it was disturbing her. I still believe she loved Charles and Charles loved her at a time.

Last edited:
TheTruth said:
If she only loved the title of Prince of Wales and not Charles why did she accept the divorce ? Why did she talk about Camilla and all? If she married Charles only to be Queen she would have shut her mouth even if it was disturbing her. I still believe she loved Charles and Charles loved her at a time.
In my opinion,Diana alwyas wanted everything,including the Prince of Wales, the man and his whole heart. But she can only have the title, the man but not his heart. Charles loved Diana as a wife but he was not very in love with her. Diana did not want a divource because she did not want to be like her mother to have a failed marriage. She was angry and hatred about Camilla because Camilla always had Charles' heart even she was not his legal wife. I regard as a possession more than a love itself and of course there was an sense of entitlment in Diana because she was the wife and he should love her not Camilla.

Last edited:
Then he shouldn't have had married her love cc. Its cruel to have someone love you and you not love them the same way in return.

Merry go round, how we merrily go round, how we merrily go round, the Merry go round. :yoda:

Oh..yes. I think it is too soon. But again. It's a personal opinion. All here knows what an old-fashioned old crow I am...;)

Vanesa.

love_cc said:
In my opinion,Diana alwyas wanted everything,including the Prince of Wales, the man and his whole heart. But she can only have the title, the man but not his heart. Charles loved Diana as a wife but he was not very in love with her. Diana did not want a divource because she did not want to be like her mother to have a failed marriage. She was angry and hatred about Camilla because Camilla always had Charles' heart even she was not his legal wife. I regard as a possession more than a love itself and of course there was an sense of entitlment in Diana because she was the wife and he should love her not Camilla.

My personal tought is that she doesn't marry Prince Charles for money or just to be Queen. All people who knews Lady Diana story knows this is fake. I'm not a big fan of her, but I see reality and I don't distort it just to fit it with my own prejudices and toughts. ;) Lady Diana was in love with Prince Charles (at first). He did not. This is the truth.

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
My personal tought is that she doesn't marry Prince Charles for money or just to be Queen. All people who knews Lady Diana story knows this is fake. I'm not a big fan of her, but I see reality and I don't distort it just to fit it with my own prejudices and toughts. ;) Lady Diana was in love with Prince Charles (at first). He did not. This is the truth.

Vanesa.
Whatever in love means. Diana probaly had a naive version of being in love with someone not a realistic version of being in love with someone. I just have difficulties to accept that a person can be in love with each other despite lack of understand the character, dislikes of his interests and feel discomfortable in his enviroments. She did not known him well and how can she love him so much? She did not marry for money or to be queen. So I think marrying Charles is a dream rather a true love in reality.

Last edited:
Video - What are your opnion? - Princess Diana documentary aired

Yahoo!

TheTruth said:
She was forced into the divorce by HM, she believed by blaming Camilla that she would retain the sympathy and support of the 'public'. In her infamous interview, she said that Charles was not fit to be King, taken by many to mean that he should step down and allow her to rule through William.

Vanesa said:
but I see reality and I don't distort it just to fit it with my own prejudices and toughts. ;) Lady Diana was in love with Prince Charles (at first). He did not. This is the truth.
Well sadly this is your version of reality. Diana was in love with the idea of being in love and with the title she would get. I won't say this is the truth - just that this is my opinion. :rolleyes:

My reply to the people that decry any book on Diana as not being the truth as they believe it, is to remember that most of your opinions of Camilla are based on one book and articles biased by that one book. :cool:

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
She was forced into the divorce by HM, she believed by blaming Camilla that she would retain the sympathy and support of the 'public'. In her infamous interview, she said that Charles was not fit to be King, taken by many to mean that he should step down and allow her to rule through William.

Okay, but if she really wanted to rule then she would have kept the Camilla affair for her. When you are determinated to do something you forget about what makes you sad or angry. She never married Charles to be Queen, that's my opinion.

TheTruth said:
Okay, but if she really wanted to rule then she would have kept the Camilla affair for her. When you are determinated to do something you forget about what makes you sad or angry. She never married Charles to be Queen, that's my opinion.
She didn't think any further at the time of their engagement, to being anything other than a 'princess'. When she finally realised that it included the prince, she still thought she could 'have her cake and eat it', remain a princess but lead a separate life from Charles.

As BeatrixFan has said, we are just going round and round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom