Last Hours, Death, Transfer from France, Funeral and Interment

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is normal to feel sad or despaired about the useless death of a person,even if you have not met this individual,we are all gifted with emotions and empathy,we feel the loss and we feel sorry for people who are affected by such a tragic accident.
I feel sad because Princess Diana was a special person and it is tragic that she was not able to watch her sons grow up and have a normal family life. I am also sad for everyone else who was close to Diana,wheter it was family,friends or people she has met through her charities or royal functions.
Nevertheless it is important understand that such unfortunate things can happen to anyone...nobody is safe from losing a friend or family member, but we have to learn to let go, it is not healthy to refuse to accept the reality of life which also includes sadness & death.

Last edited:
I also think everyone handles grief differently and over time people do move on but sometimes questions remain and the saddness is still there.

If there are people who have not moved on with their life, well they need some serious help. But those who chit chat about this in a water-cooler-topic sort of way, what is the big deal. It is just chit chat and not indicative of someone who has not moved on with their life.
I agree. The issue is the intensity of feeling. It's natural for her family and friends to still think of her and miss her. But it's time to get help if it is still painful but Diana wouldn't have known who you were.

I am sympathetic that William and Harry lost their mother. I'm also sympathetic to her other family members, including Charles, who lost a loved one. I am interested in their lives and joined this forum. However, many people have lost at least one of their parents at a young age.

In the last 16 years, people in my own family have died. I still think about them. Especially on holidays and special occasions, but sometimes during the day I find myself thinking of them and wishing they could be a part of my life, but its a fleeting thought. The last person close to me died about two years ago and I can't say I am still in mourning. Life goes on.

I have to admit this question never ceases to confound me. Yes it has been 16 years and yes she was a total stranger to 99.999% of those who still beat their breasts at her death.

Do they still feel the same degree of sorrow and loss of their own family and friends who have been gone that long? Probably not. Go figure.

Someone once said that it was like the (their) world went collectively mad when she died. Will she only be allowed to rest in peace after the tabloids have finally ceased beating their drums and positing ever more convoluted conspiracy theories, and movies and articles and forum posts stop trying to rewrite history? And how long is that going to be? How long is a piece of string?

Which means that they are not so much as grieving her passing as enjoying being part of the incredible drama, albeit the empty drama, that encompassed her personal life.

By "empty drama" I do not mean her humanitarian works. I am talking about her personal relationships. She was great at inspiring or "touching" people with whom she did not have to engage in the terribly hard work of a human relationship. I do wonder if those whom she touched with a few passing words, a smile, etc, would feel they same way if they had to live with her for three months. Would they still be beating their breasts?

I think a great part of this is a morbid curiosity with death (which we all have), esp. the untimely tragic passing of the most famous person in the world.

Trevor snapped on his seatbelt just before they entered the tunnel. If he hadn't, he would've been dead. :ermm:

He must have realized how dangerous the situation was. Diana and Dodi, being in the back seat, wouldn't have been as aware of the dip and curve in the tunnel and how quickly they were approaching it.

Trevor snapped on his seatbelt just before they entered the tunnel. If he hadn't, he would've been dead. :ermm:

Agreed. There were many accidents in that tunnel and, I believe, eight deaths within the last 15 years. There have been an unusual amount of traffic deaths where I live this summer: no one is screaming "conspiracy."

I think a great part of this is a morbid curiosity with death (which we all have), esp. the untimely tragic passing of the most famous person in the world.

I have never followed the detail of this but I have read that Trevor states in his book that he was not wearing a seat belt.

I heard that as well, and I thought the official report concluded that he wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

Last edited:
From Wiki, quoting Operation Paget as the source

Early media reports claimed he survived because he was wearing a seatbelt,[1] but a December 2006 Operation Paget technical examination said that none of the occupants of the car was wearing a seatbelt

Picture:
Bodyguard Trevor Rees-Jones moments before impact. No seatbelt!
Bodyguard Trevor Rees-Jones moments before impact. No seatbelt! on Twitpic

One of the last pictures of the three alive.
Since they were "being chased" I would take a punt and think that this photo was taken immediately after they got into the car and not immediately before the crash in the tunnel. That photo was taken from in front of the car which means the photographer was directly in front of the car. It mirrors the evidence that they were surrounded by paparazzi when they exited the building and got into the car. Had the car been moving the snapping paparazzi would have to have been a hood ornament!

This is not new evidence, just an old photograph. One of hundreds taken at that time.

Last edited:
Whether he was wearing a seat belt or not, it doesnt change anything.

This is similar to J.F.Kennedy's death/assassination: often enough, the press releases "new" evidence of this and that. Bollocks. No new nothing. In high-school, I read a whole book on the assassination and possible plots surrounding it (the book is in my parents' library and I was curious). There has been no new info since. As I'm pretty sure there will never-ever be new info on Diana's death either. It's all been said and I believe no stone was left unturned. By now, even "conspirationalists" should let her rest in peace, really. She did die in a very mundane, very unfortunate car crash. Period.

Last edited:
I think it is time to let go, unless you have concrete evidence. They were foolish enough to ride without seatbelts, in a high speed car. The accident was in a place where Diana did not get transferred to a topnotch facility fast. No helicopters, slow moving vehicles. She bled out. Nothing will bring her back.

Diana, that SAS murder claim - and why it may not be as mad as you think: Sue Reid, who's studied all the evidence, has found tantalising new clues-
Princess Diana, that SAS murder claim - and why it may not be as mad as you think, says SUE REID | Mail Online

First thing I noticed about this article is that she is referred to as Princess Diana.
If this would be a reporting on anything that is straight up and stating the facts, it would not have addressed her this way.

There is the difference between journalism and fiction.

Just did a quick google of Sue Reid. She appears to be a sensationalist writer. I wonder if she has a book coming out?;)

This is similar to J.F.Kennedy's death/assassination: often enough, the press releases "new" evidence of this and that. Bollocks. No new nothing. In high-school, I read a whole book on the assassination and possible plots surrounding it (the book is in my parents' library and I was curious). There has been no new info since. As I'm pretty sure there will never-ever be new info on Diana's death either. It's all been said and I believe no stone was left unturned. By now, even "conspirationalists" should let her rest in peace, really. She did die in a very mundane, very unfortunate car crash. Period.

That´s true,the exact reasons behind the death of JFK will always remain a mistery,but IMO it is a difference wheter a person is assasinated with a weapon or if someone dies in a car crash because of dangerous driving. President JFK had significant political influence and power while Diana was a well-known humanitarian and mother.

I believe Diana´s death was a tragic accident,there were several reasons why it happened and the main source of allegiations and conspiracy theories is Mohammed al Fayed. He created the myth that Diana was pregnant,that her son was going to marry her and many other rumours that have been thouroughly discussed.
Who was responsible for Diana´s death-it is up to interpretation depending on your point of view, but we know that when she died she was "protected" by Al Fayed´s security service and obviously they did not do their job as well as the royal security who has protected her life for more than a decade...

Last edited:
Diana, that SAS murder claim - and why it may not be as mad as you think: Sue Reid, who's studied all the evidence, has found tantalising new clues-
Princess Diana, that SAS murder claim - and why it may not be as mad as you think, says SUE REID | Mail Online

I have just read the piece to which you refer. I think APPALLED will best describe how I feel.

Ms Reid explains that Diana had been seeing Dodi for 6 weeks and their relationship was "serious". There was a villa in Florida for them to begin their married life. There was a ring asking her to say "Yes" which it seems she had already because not ONLY that. She was PREGNANT. Not MAY have been. Not SUPPOSEDLY but according to the French doctor who was never called to give evidence, she had seen "a small foetus of about 6 to 10 weeks"!!!!!!!!! Proved by a picture of a slight curve in her swimsuit taken 14 days earlier which would have made the SUPPOSED pregnancy 8 weeks MAXIMUM.

I would ask of Ms Reid, what it is she is asking us to believe. Could she be saying that on that first meeting with Dodi, Diana looked into his eyes and tossed her contraceptive pills over the side of the boat deciding to make babies THERE AND THEN and HOW convenient to her story was it that Diana's SUPPOSED pregnancy magically happened immediately because, ludicrous as it may be, this is exactly what would have had to transpire in order for a pregnancy of a MAXIMUM of 6 weeks to have happened. Could she be asking us to believe that an already pregnant Diana was looking for a father for her unborn child? Is her sub agenda asking us to question the "child's" paternity OR on the anniversary of Diana's tragic death, is she seeking to further the rubbishing of her memory?

Well, that´s the reason why we use a pregnancy test and not the look on a belly or reading from leaves of tea to determine if a woman is pregnant or not! If Diana had a "slight curve" in her swimsuit it only shows that she has had a healthy appetite and felt confident in her own skin:)

I believe Diana´s death was a tragic accident,there were several reasons why it happened and the main source of allegiations and conspiracy theories is Mohammed al Fayed. He created the myth that Diana was pregnant,that her son was going to marry her and many other rumours that have been thouroughly discussed.

Yes, I absolutely agree. My comparison to the JFK assassination was merely restricted to the frenzy of fabricated story-plots surrounding both Diana's and JFK's deaths.

As for Sue Reid's article and "new evidence", it is yet another story-plot supported by a vivid imagination. There are many suppositions in her article that raise big, insurmountable questions.

My heart goes out to William and Harry for having had to read such stories and wonder "what if" at a very early age. I therefore appreciate even more the support and guidance Charles has given them and his ability to raise them into the well-balanced young men they are today. It must have been painful and tough.

Last edited:
:previous: The cries of the crowd during the first part of that clip were awful. :eek: I'd forgotten about that. Fortunately, the crowd was quietly respectful when the Princes and Earl Spencer started following the hearse. It would have been so hard on W & H to hear those shouts.

That was my feeling as well, which is why I Googled Sue Reid. There's interesting info out there about her tactics if anyone looks for it. I noticed the strange pregnancy references as well. As Diana herself told one of her friends, her belly was the result of delivering two healthy baby boys. She was much healthier then than she was during the super-thin 80s.

I have just read the piece to which you refer. I think APPALLED will best describe how I feel.

I am not reading any of these articles in such newspapers like daily mail etc. because they only cook up old rumours with vivid imagination and sensationalism.
There are also journalists who write serious,intelligent articles discussing Diana,her legacy or the impact she had on the British royal family-they are much more insightful and interesting than these fabricated stories...

I am sorry to bring this up, but if the British and French courts did their jobs correctly, maybe these issue would have been looked at then and not NOW.;)

Back
Top Bottom