The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

I also heard about their wanting to extend the procession because of the large number of people who would be attending. As long as they were doing that, it made sense to start it at Kensington Palace.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
I also heard about their wanting to extend the procession because of the large number of people who would be attending. As long as they were doing that, it made sense to start it at Kensington Palace.
From memory, it was really to extend the procession in view of the large numbers of mourners was Diana moved to KP

Old 08-13-2008, 11:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
From memory, it was really to extend the procession in view of the large numbers of mourners was Diana moved to KP
From my memory, I think the move served serveral purposes: St. James Place was the BRF turf to grieve privately, Kenningston Place was the Spencer's turf to grieve privately and Diana, Princess of Wales was home for one last night. But most important BP extended the length of the funeral procession so more mourners could see Princess Diana for the last time.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:39 AM
Aristocracy

What did Pr. Diana whisper into Mohammed Al-Fayed's ear before she died??

And was she wearing an engagement ring from Dodi A-F at that time too?

Thanks.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeline View Post
Nothing.

Quote:
No.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
They wanted to extend the route because of the incredible number of people who showed up in London, didn't they? I remember reading that at some point...
Yes, it was. Given the masses of people who came to London, it became obvious that the journey from StJP to Westminster Abbey was too short.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeline View Post

Thanks.
Diana was dead before MAF even arrived at the hospital, so all his stories about her talking to him after the accident were sad fantasies. I hope that his silence since the Inquest ended is an indication that he has at last begun to find a personal peace.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Heir Apparent

The great autocue-dunnit: Kay Burley claims she broke the news of Diana’s death...but her colleague begs to differ | Mail Online

I know this is a bit old but I thought it tied in well with her funeral today.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...na-common.html

I can't believe the media are beginning to dub her Princess Jade just cause of the similarities in her funeral and all that, personally I don't get the fascination but maybe it's cause I don't live in the UK

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/4247..._down_by_yobs/
I can't believe someone would cut down a tree like why?
Old 04-05-2009, 06:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

You beat me to it GhostNight.
I'm sorry but argueing over who told the world, what is the most upsetting news we've heard this century is just pathetic.
x
Old 04-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

The most upsetting news we've heard this century? You must be quite young, lumutqueen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
You beat me to it GhostNight.
I'm sorry but argueing over who told the world, what is the most upsetting news we've heard this century is just pathetic.
x
Old 04-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Administrator

You both mean "last century" but of course your point is correct Mermaid.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Of course, Warren re: the "last century" bit. I find it hard to thing of the late 90s as "the old century."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
You both mean "last century" but of course your point is correct Mermaid.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Courtier

I had not intended to read this thread but I'm glad that I did - it is very interesting.

The news details of Diana's death - first the accident, then some minor injuries, etc. - reminded me of the news accounts of the death of Princess Grace in 1982.

Grace was "slightly injured" "a broken leg" then suddenly, she was dead.
Same shock, same reactions.

I like to remember Diana from the glorious photos taken of her over the years - it is such a sad loss of a young life so full of promise.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:15 AM
Administrator

The posts about Jade Goody's funeral have been moved to the Celebrity News thread in Members' Corner.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:37 AM
Aristocracy

grace kelly is not dead she is living!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracerainier View Post
seriously, i think diana is not dead, i think she underwent al least neuropreservation at the hospital if not the hole body, something else was put in the coffin. At first you think that`s crazy but what could have stopped them doing this? We must not forget that she is the Mother of William and Herry. First preservation of a body was made in 1962. I think that people that belive important persons really die are dumb. If you have a chance to live like cryonics you don`t waste it just because.
Your post is just too rediculous for words

What's left of her hey...?....Ask him while in the loony bin
Proposterous,really girl,who threw that brick to your head..:
PPE Agency

..for pete's sake.....
Old 04-12-2009, 06:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracerainier
seriously, i think diana is not dead, i think she underwent al least neuropreservation at the hospital if not the hole body, something else was put in the coffin. At first you think that`s crazy but what could have stopped them doing this? We must not forget that she is the Mother of William and Herry. First preservation of a body was made in 1962. I think that people that belive important persons really die are dumb. If you have a chance to live like cryonics you don`t waste it just because.
As sad as it was/is, Diana, Princess of Wales passed away over eleven years ago and was layed to rest on the Althorp Estate which is the principal seat of the Earls Spencer, and Diana's childhood home.

She won't be coming back, but her memory will be remembered by those generations that lived during her lifetime...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Question: If a queen, princess whatever (for example princess Caroline od Monaco) would come close to death what would she choose : to be burried and nothing be left of her or to be cryopreserved with a possibility of revival ??? Of course, you people, you wouldn`t be told by press that she choose the least.For God sake, if ordinary people are preserved , royal wouldn`t ! Think a little of this!
I promise to think just a little on this,but only if you promise to be back in the institution on time tonight.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
I promise to think just a little on this,but only if you promise to be back in the institution on time tonight.
there are videos on YOUTUBE showing Diana alive !
Old 04-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
there are videos on YOUTUBE showing Diana alive !
A video doesn't prove anything. With all the computer manipulation, you can easily revive people on screen. Pictures of the Loch Ness, Big Foot, and god knows what else were taken: it will never prove they exist.

ETA: gracerainier, please stop editing your posts. It becomes confusing.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...

Tags
althorp, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, dodi fayed, paris, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, westminster abbey