The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-25-2019, 05:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

The lowest of the low :

PRINCESS DIANA: NATIONAL ENQUIRER LIVE! TURNS DEATH CONSPIRACIES INTO THEME PARK ATTRACTION—'IT’S DEFINITELY NOT IN POOR TASTE'

https://www.newsweek.com/princess-di...family-1434976

Old 05-25-2019, 06:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Those whose brainchild was to use Diana's death as a theme park exhibit to rake in the green dollars aren't only in very poor taste and capable of exploiting the death of a woman whose sons are still very much alive but also, IMO, the sustenance of bottom feeders.

I do hope someone does take action against this sort of thing or at least the public, itself, will find it so much in bad taste that they avoid it like the plague.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 05-25-2019, 10:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Unfortunately I suspect that there will be many people who will pay to see this garbage.

Organisations like this do a lot of research before spending the millions on these sorts of exhibits. If they don't think they will make a profit they wouldn't be doing it ... sadly.

It is hard for those of us who are royal watchers and are old enough to remember Diana to realise that an entire generation have grown up with no personal knowledge of her - to them she is simply a person in a history book - no different to JFK, Henry VIII or Julius Ceasar.
Old 08-04-2019, 06:19 AM
Aristocracy

For history buffs...

Can anyone confirm/deny, that state funerals are as we know them today in Britain stemming from the decision of 'one' monarch (Victoria) 1901, as the article suggests ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_...United_Kingdom
Old 08-15-2019, 10:47 AM
Majesty

I must be missing the obvious. Which decision are you referring g to?
Old 08-15-2019, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I must be missing the obvious. Which decision are you referring g to?
I think she must be referring to the paragraphs under the heading-

The funeral of Queen Victoria: an innovative approach

followed by

Since 1901: innovation becomes tradition
Old 08-17-2019, 03:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post

The funeral of Queen Victoria: an innovative approach

followed by

Since 1901: innovation becomes tradition
Thankyou...my concern was simply that all the details of Diana's funeral were an extension of her innovations.
Old 08-17-2019, 05:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually, as Diana's death was sudden and unexpected, to come up with a working plan quickly for a funeral, they based her funeral on the plans already in place for the Queen Mum's funeral. It was called Operation Tay Bridge if I'm remembering right. Of course there were adjustments to personalize it but the basic plans had already been established and, if I recall right, even practiced from time to time.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 08-18-2019, 05:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elan View Post
Thankyou...my concern was simply that all the details of Diana's funeral were an extension of her innovations.
What has her funeral got to do with her "innovations"??
Old 08-18-2019, 07:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
What has her funeral got to do with her "innovations"??

It doesn’t. The poster is saying Diana’s funeral was an extension of Queen Victoria’s innovations.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:22 AM
Heir Apparent

well I suppose it was.. in that Q Vic's was a sort of template.. and as has been said the plan for Diana's funeral was based on the plans for the queen Mother's..

Tags
althorp, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, dodi fayed, paris, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, westminster abbey