The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-01-2017, 12:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I've read in some medical journal in the days and weeks immediately following the tragedy that directly massaging the heart, as was reportedly done by rescuers who responded to the accident and by ambulance personnel on the way to hospital might have actually made things worse. The tear in the pulmonary artery was bleeding out and cardiac massage would have made it worse.

I really don't see how there was any hope of saving her life unless she had been operated on within minutes of impact which of course was impossible given the circumstances.

There is simply no way at all to diagnose such a severe internal injury like Diana's in the field, none.
IIRC there was an interview with Diana's mother where Frances said that she was told later by the medical staff that even if the accident had occurred in the hospital parking lot Diana still would have died - the damage was that severe.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I thought that they didn't realise she had internal bleeding. However Im quite prepared to believe that she had good care, and that they had to stop to do whatever was necessary to stop her from dying of heart failure in the ambulance. I don't generaly subscribe to conspiracy theories...
They didn't realize it initially when they were checking the occupants of the car. However once she was removed from the car, her blood pressure plummeted and she went into cardiac arrest. The doctor who accompanied the ambulance crew realized this was likely due to internal bleeding.

Old 09-01-2017, 05:18 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
IIRC there was an interview with Diana's mother where Frances said that she was told later by the medical staff that even if the accident had occurred in the hospital parking lot Diana still would have died - the damage was that severe.
These kind of situations is what makes emergency service work so stressful. Its a profession that takes quick mental assessment skills and quick action knowing that the outcome is never a guaranteed positive one. Its being put into a situation where even the best of human assistance just isn't enough.

I think with this discussion, we can realize more why William was so dedicated to his work with SAR and EAAA and the importance of being able to work seamlessly as a team when they're called out on a incident. Split second decisions can mean the difference between life and death and it takes a certain mindset to be able to work effectively and quickly to get done what needs to be done and to process what they've seen. These people see things that they really wish no one ever had to see.

Tags
althorp, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, dodi fayed, paris, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, westminster abbey