Last Hours, Death, Transfer from France, Funeral and Interment

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paul Burrell who attended the burial ceremony on the island himself hints at in his book "Royal Duty" that Diana could have been buried elsewhere at a later time. I do remember Earl Spencer going out the next day in a row boat to scatter the petals of the flowers left at the gates of Althorp.

My thoughts are on the same wavelength as Paul's...I believe she was allowed to rest in an earthy grave for a bit and then dug up and cremated to be buried in the Spencer vault with her father and multiple generations of her family. .

I do think that somewhat twisted brother of hers also stated he put metal plates at different points in the island should grave robbers somehow gain access to the island and try to find a coffin with a metal detector.

Given the possibility of people looking for "trophies", I don't think that this is necessarily a strange idea.:flowers:

I do think that somewhat twisted brother of hers also stated he put metal plates at different points in the island should grave robbers somehow gain access to the island and try to find a coffin with a metal detector.

Yes, there are ghouls out there. Some of the editorial cartoons in the days after her burial featured depictions of the paparazzi with a camera in one hand and a shovel in the other...That's why I hope she is with her father in the family vault.

Paul Burrell who attended the burial ceremony on the island himself hints at in his book "Royal Duty" that Diana could have been buried elsewhere at a later time. I do remember Earl Spencer going out the next day in a row boat to scatter the petals of the flowers left at the gates of Althorp.

My thoughts are on the same wavelength as Paul's...I believe she was allowed to rest in an earthy grave for a bit and then dug up and cremated to be buried in the Spencer vault with her father and multiple generations of her family. .

If what you are saying is true, then Spencer has been cheating people out of their money when they paid to see the island where his sister is buried.
Then that makes him nothing but a dog.

If what you are saying is true, then Spencer has been cheating people out of their money when they paid to see the island where his sister is buried.

I doubt anyone goes there only to see her grave. Ther eis so much more to see and that alone should be worth the money.

Paul Burrell who attended the burial ceremony on the island himself hints at in his book "Royal Duty" that Diana could have been buried elsewhere at a later time.
Would this be comparable to his 'secrets' at the inquest, Later proved to be known to everyone or the 'Red Herrings' he claimed to have laid?:whistling:

Earl Spencer doesn't charge people to see the island where his sister is buried! Althorp House has been open to the public and charging people to come and see it since the 1970's, it was Diana's father who first opened it up to the paying public. A very small percentage of people who go to Althorp go there because of the Diana connection, and its official website reflects this, there are no pictures of Diana on its Homepage and just one link to the Diana exhibition. There are several pages of the various events, Literary Festival, Concerts, Garden show, fundraisers for cancer research and Christmas Fair. Plus pages on various famous Spencers through history ( Diana not included)
The Estate also hosts corporate events and that's what they make money on, not the dwindling number of people who want to visit the Diana exhibition. ( It looses money so that's why it now travels, it's been in Sydney for the past few months)

I think the security around her grave isn't too much. There are many weird people out there : fetishists and all the bunch of freaks.
Here's a screencap from Google Earth.
We can clearly see some obstacles around the island. I wonder how this sort of system can prevent a possible coffin robbery though.

I went to Althorp House in 1982 when we were in England. We were in England when Prince William was christened. Of course then Diana's father was still alive and it was open for longer than it is now. The museum of her dresses wasn't there but there was a gift shop in I think the old stables or coachouse. A lot of the stuff was trinkety and rather trashy, including fake engagement rings with a big blue stone

Raine Spencer was accused of cashing in on Diana because of it I do remember going up the "main " staircase I suppose you could say and there was a gallery of family portraits of all past Spencers/wives/descendants etc and they were all rather sombre colours beige/brown/black and there in the middle was a much larger portrait of Raine in bright pink you couldn't miss it if you wanted too:lol:

Not saying anything against Raine it was just my perception at the time :flowers:

Somewhere I still have the brochure. We were not allowed to take any photos AT ALL not even outside I was going through my o/s album the other day and tried to remember why I had no photos of the grounds of Althorp and I'm sure that was the reason. Also it stated that the grounds/house could be closed at any time for security reasons and we could be "turfed out"......put much more politely than that of course

I remember Charles Spencer saying when Diana died that one of the reasons he buried her on the island was he didn't want her grave to be turned into a sideshow/pilgrimage/hordes of tourists etc and I'm inclined to agree with him there. It was a very difficult situation as she was no longer an HRH or married to Prince Charles therefore there was no obligation on the part of the RF to afford her a Royal burial

Then again Charles Spencer was so bitter at the time that I am sure that if the RF even approached him to offer a Royal burial as the mother of the future King he would have flatly refused

I think his speech at her funeral was rather ironic his scathing veiled attack on the RF , talking about her "blood family" when his own life and exploits have been rather scandalous and fodder for the gossip columns and I'm not really sure how much he sees of the boys at all .Of course they are now grown men, but Charles speech at the funeral indicated that the Spencers would be very much "hands on" in the rearing of the boys but I doubt there was very much at all

Last edited:
I accept that the idea with the isalnd was probably a good one in order to keep people from coming to close to Diana's grave, but still - the island was used to bury the dead pets of the Spencer's and now there is allegedly the grave of the mother of the future king? If they had erected a little chapel there with a crypt for Diana, I could believe in the story but the way it is it is suspicious for me. I for one wouldn't have buried my brother on such an island as if he was a pet of mine....

I still believe Diana's body was removed and replaced with stones or something else and then Earl Spencer took the Royal standart for her real grave and put his sister's body into another coffin or a case which could be used as such till it was possible to remove her from Althorp and bury her wherever. I'm convinced prince Charles and William and Harry were not informed but at a later point.

Yes I remember a friend of mine saying it creeped her out to think that Diana was buried in a pet's graveyard it reminded her of the Stephen King novel, "Pet Sematary"

What you say does make sense

Probably mind blowing alarms, not only very audible but wired direct to the police stations!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone post the pic of the card from Harry where it is written"Mummy"

Reporting her death

When Princess Diana died I was very young. However, my mother was just speaking of it. She said when she died they showed a news report saying she was in a car accident but still alive. Then, did another report saying she died. My mom forgot how far apart the reports. However, other people have told me (I live in the US) they just saw a report saying she died. Does anyone remember what was reported?

In Australia it was reported that Diana, Princess of Wales was in a car accident in Paris, this was then followed by a report that she was being tended to at the scene by paramedics, thirdly came a report that she was on transit to a hospital and then came the news that she had died.

The time frame between them I cannot recall..but wasn't all that long I dont think. An hour or two perhaps.

I was living in California at the time, and in the early evening there was a scrolling message across the TV screen to say that Diana and Dodi had been in an accident and Dodi had been killed, but Diana's condition wasn't known with certainty. About half an hour later, during the regularly scheduled news, they were saying the same thing. It wasn't until some time later that the news came through that she'd died. I don't remember hearing anything at the time about her only having received minor injuries, although later reports said that that was the first thing reported on the news.

[FONT=Times, serif][SIZE=+1]At a 6 a.m. press conference at Paris' Hospital de la Pitie Salpetriere, doctors said the Princess, 36, died at 4 a.m. (10 p.m. EDT Saturday) from internal bleeding, the result of major chest and lung injuries. (News was withheld from the public for two hours, until her sons could be notified.)

SPECIAL: PRINCESS DIANA, 1961-1997

[/SIZE][/FONT]

I was driving to an orchid show when I heard the first report that Diana and Dodi had been involved in an accident, then not long afterwards they gave the news Dodi had died but Diana was injured but being treated and reports had been received that the injuries seemed to be not life threatening but they were waiting for confirmation of her condition. Everyone was talking about it at the show. When I left after about an hour and turned on the car radio the station was reporting she was seriously injured, maybe dead, and before I arrived home they confirmed she'd died. This was over a total period of about 2 hours, maybe two and a half. I think the report of her death was heard here at about 2.30pm on the Sunday so maybe there wasn't an embargo on the news being reported in Australia (or maybe we just ignored it.)

In video clips I've seen from BBC and such it seems like first came the report of the crash Dodi was dead but Diana was alive with what seemed like minor injuries i think I remember them mentioning a possible broken leg then later came the unofficial report of her death then I remember them saying Buckingham Palace confirmed it. I was only 6 so I had no clue about it really but this is just what I've gathered over the years of watching reports.

First reports I heard in Australia was she had a broken arm and cuts etc but was OK, however reports were very quickly updated and I think within a couple of hours of first reports they announced she had died

I don't get it. Why would it be so important? It's just a body. Her soul was already long gone. She could have been incinerated as well.

I don't like the sight of dead people. I remember seeing the Pope Jean Paul II, lying on a table while many mourners were passing by. I had found it shocking.
I'll always remember JFK's and Marilyn Monroe's face captured by photographers at the morgue. I honestly wish I hadn't seen those shots. It's not them; it's only flesh and bones. I don't see the utility of opening a casket exposing your emotionless, congealed face for the world to see.
I would have loved to see her face for following up information, she looked as if she was sleeping. Since she has been our princess, there is no reason why should we not see her face?
Nazma FOURRE

I disagree. She wasn't 'our princess'. She was a human being who had the right to have a private life and a part of her private life was her sons. She was a mother before being a Princess, Lady or whatever. Would you imagine yourself next to your mother's open casket in front of the whole world?

I disagree. She wasn't 'our princess'. She was a human being who had the right to have a private life and a part of her private life was her sons. She was a mother before being a Princess, Lady or whatever. Would you imagine yourself next to your mother's open casket in front of the whole world?
I WAS next to my mother's casket and no, we didn't have an open one. I don't think any of us could deal with that.

I would have loved to see her face for following up information, she looked as if she was sleeping. Since she has been our princess, there is no reason why should we not see her face?
Nazma FOURRE

She wasn't your princess, and it's this sort of macabre fascination with every last little detail of her life, along with this peculiar feeling of owning her and deserving to know all about her, which led the paparazzi to go to such dangerous lengths to get more and more intrusive photos of her. With this attitude you're proclaiming yourself responsible for her death.

Diana is the queen of the world

She wasn't your princess, and it's this sort of macabre fascination with every last little detail of her life, along with this peculiar feeling of owning her and deserving to know all about her, which led the paparazzi to go to such dangerous lengths to get more and more intrusive photos of her. With this attitude you're proclaiming yourself responsible for her death.
No one can stop me from saying "My princess" as this would be against the liberties and rights of men since Diana is the princess of the world.

Nazma FOURRE

No one can stop me from saying "My princess" as this would be against the liberties and rights of men since Diana is the princess of the world.

Nazma FOURRE
Oh we certainly can't stop you from saying anything (well to a point, Warren would say :D) , but we can come to our own conclusion that you're just a touch obsessed with the Late Diana.

Nazma FOURRE

No she wasn't, she was the divorced wife of the heir to the British throne. That's all she was. The rest is simply imagination and wishful thinking and it doesn't give you actual ownership rights or the right to make demands. Like I said, it was this peculiar attitude that she somehow belonged to them which drove her more obsessed fans to feel they had a right to know everything about her and to demand news and information and pictures about every last thing she did. And that led directly to the dangerous behaviour of the paparazzi, right up to and including the fatal accident.

Last edited:
No she wasn't, she was the divorced wife of the heir to the British throne. That's all she was. The rest is simply imagination
Every one is free on earth to cherish Diana's memories and no one is allowed to remove this feeling of love attached to his or her devotee princess. No one can say that paparazzi was the cause of her accident for justice in France has not seen that and one cannot judge better this accident than the judge himself otherwise this would be fabulous. So stop putting the blame on paparazzi for has the driver not been drunk, he would have driven properly and Diana would have been alive.
No she wasn't, she was the divorced wife of the heir to the British throne. That's all she was. The rest is simply imagination and wishful thinking and it doesn't give you actual ownership rights or the right to make demands. Like I said, it was this peculiar attitude that she somehow belonged to them which drove her more obsessed fans to feel they had a right to know everything about her and to demand news and information and pictures about every last thing she did. And that led directly to the dangerous behaviour of the paparazzi, right up to and including the fatal accident.
Don't fight against those who love lady diana by accusing them for being obssessed and responsible of her death. As I said the monarchy is to be blamed and not the commoners. If you are angry towards this love attitude, I am sorry you won't be able to change the love one has for Diana. Just respect those feelings.
Thanks
Oh we certainly can't stop you from saying anything (well to a point, Warren would say :D) , but we can come to our own conclusion that you're just a touch obsessed with the Late Diana.
I am not obssesed with lady diana but simply feel sad about her death caused by Camilla who stole charles from her and making her go to a relationship where she faces death during a weekend with her new lover?
No my mother is not dead and May god preserve her for ever for she will 70 years old soon. But I lost my father but could not have been to the funeral as I did not have holiday as I was working and he died thousand of miles away in a hospital where he was having his treatment for cancer .I would have loved to see his face for I love my father . Regarding Diana, as I love her too, I would have loved to see her face for a last time and the world would have loved to see her too.

Nazma FOURRE

Last edited by a moderator:
Nazma, I'm sorry but if you are not obsessed, you are certainly giving a very good impression of it.

Regarding Diana, as I love her too, I would have loved to see her face for a last time and the world would have loved to see her too.

Nazma FOURRE

First, I wonder how you can say you love someone you (presumably, of course) never knew?
Secondly, I believe the world includes me so I don't think you can talk for people here since I wouldn't have wanted to see her face.

Back
Top Bottom