The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
Well it is the silly season in the UK and the tabloids have to have something to print since most of the royals are away in Scotland on their annual holiday.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:32 AM
Royal Highness

'SAS assassinated Diana by shining light into her driver's face': Extraordinary claim by special forces soldier who gave William advanced driving lessons said to be reason why Scotland Yard has reopened case | Mail Online

It might be silly season for the press but this article has substance. I am believer of a cover up. It is finally coming out.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh dear god. There was no cover up. A very drunk driver got into an accident. That's it. The end.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Oh dear god. There was no cover up. A very drunk driver got into an accident. That's it. The end.
Good Lord, I agree with you. It was a very sad and unfortunate accident. That is all.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
It might be silly season for the press but this article has substance. I am believer of a cover up. It is finally coming out.
I disagree. Henri Paul was drunk and went behind the wheel. That's all there is too it. You drink then drive and you are bound for disaster, as was the case that night.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:

How could a would be assassin know that:

Diana wouldn't be wearing her seatbelt?

they were going to leave at that time, in that car when they themselves didn't?

that they were going to take that route?

even that they were definitely going to return to the other hotel and not go somewhere else for the evening?

know that the driver would have too much to drink that night to divert blame?

know that Dodi and his father would determine that it was appropriate to use a non-qualified driver in the real car and the qualified driver in the diversionary car?

know that a car accident would kill - when people did survive and others have survived very bad accidents as well?

etc etc etc etc
Old 09-15-2013, 02:10 AM
Gentry

Well it may have been common knowledge that Diana didn't like to wear seat belts.

It would be easy to have the motorbike rider watch which vehicle Diana got into and follow it.

The driver's drink may have been spiked.

This 'accident' could have been carried out on any road at speed.

Look I don't believe there was a conspiracy to kill Diana, but conspiracy theorists will twist any scenario to suit themselves. Some people like to make mountains out of molehills!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It's not even the headline of the Daily Mail. You can see by yourself how sensational is this ...
Just plain ridiculous.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I agree. I think she is secretly still alive and living on a tropical island called KooKooland with James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, JFK, Jim Morrison, and Elvis Presley. I am sure I read that in the National Enquirer or The Globe and you know they would not print it if it were not true.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I agree. I think she is secretly still alive and living on a tropical island called KooKooland with James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, JFK, Jim Morrison, and Elvis Presley. I am sure I read that in the National Enquirer or The Globe and you know they would not print it if it were not true.
Hahahaha!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:

LOL!!! Brilliant!!!!

....and, FYI, Elvis is working at a taco stand in El Paso!
Old 09-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
hey, that's the island that Amelia Earheart flew to...
Old 09-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Just too many variables and twists and turns in the play-by-play of that night for a successful assassination to have taken place. I can't believe a "hired gun" was ready on a motorcycle with a spotlight in hand in the event that Dodi and Diana would be hopping in their car to take the Alma tunnel where the murderous motorcyclist would take advantage of high speeds, foreknowledge that they weren't wearing seatbelts, the unexpected gift of a drunk driver and those concrete pylons to shine a bright light in Henri Paul's eyes to smash them to death.

And there was no guarantee in this murderous plan that Diana wouldn't have survived the car accident, unless the onsite medical team were also assassins who capitalized on the normallly slow-paced trip to the hospital to ensure her death in case she managed to survive the first attack.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Courtier

The actual fact is that the Inquest into Diana and Dodi's death did NOT conclude that they died as a result of an accident. The official verdict was Unlawful Killing, caused by unidentified vehicles!

In English law, this means murder or manslaughter, infanticide or dangerous driving: the coroner pre-empted the finding by refusing to allow the jury to find a verdict of murder. These are, nevertheless, all criminal offences and usually, the police engage in another investigation to enable the charging and prosecution of the supposed criminal. The driver in this case is dead, but there were many legitimate queries about his state at the time of the collision including the charge that it wasn't his blood which was examined (French pathologists who examined his blood refused to attend the Inquest on the grounds of French national security). Henri Paul did not have a drinking problem and those who saw him in the hotel said that he wasn't drunk, and two days earlier he had received a complete clean bill of health at his examination for the renewal of his pilot's licence.

Until the legal issues and conflicting evidence raised at the Inquest, all of which worried the jury, are completely answered, then the speculation will not cease, viz - the men on bikes in the tunnel were not paps (they were all accounted for outside of the tunnel and their bikes couldn't keep up the Mercedes anyway); what happened to the white Fiat Uno whose driver was later found mysteriously murdered; from whence came the sudden, blinding flash of light (which others attested to); most of the 17 tunnel cameras were all turned off, not not working; the ambulance took over one hour to travel a very short distance to the hospital (and doctors at the Inquest stated that Diana's life could have been saved had it arrived more quickly); the seat belts were, allegedly, defective (in a new Mercedes!), etc.

I don't know the answer to the death of Diana, but one thing is certain - until all claims are answered, conspiracy theories will be forever with us. Personally, I think it foolish to refuse to acknowledge the genuine and serious issues raised by the Inquest which, generally,most of the public remains unaware of as they were not widely reported. These are the very reasons that a cover-up is and always will be suspected and the speculation will not cease.

Please note: the above information is all drawn from transcripts of the Inquest; they are not necessarily my personal opinions as I remain as puzzled as everyone else.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
The actual fact is that the Inquest into Diana and Dodi's death did NOT conclude that they died as a result of an accident. The official verdict was Unlawful Killing, caused by unidentified vehicles!

In English law, this means murder or manslaughter, infanticide or dangerous driving: the coroner pre-empted the finding by refusing to allow the jury to find a verdict of murder.
Manslaughter = accidental, unplanned killing of a human being.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
The verdict was unlawful killing by the "grossly negligent driving" of Henri Paul and the motorcycles following the car.

BBC NEWS | UK | Diana inquest: Key events
Old 09-15-2013, 05:50 PM
Courtier

I am alluding to the Inquest transcripts, not the press reports.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
... what happened to the white Fiat Uno whose driver was later found mysteriously murdered;
Of course the conspiracy theories will be forever with us. No matter what the facts are.

Let's start with the underlined claim. As far as I know, the driver of the white fiat uno is still alive. Could you please cite your source that he was murdered and the car has disappeared? (Don't worry, I'm not holding my breath).
Old 09-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I am alluding to the Inquest transcripts, not the press reports.
From webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/ ....

"5 THE JURY FOREMAN: The verdict is unlawful killing, grossly
6 negligent driving of the following vehicles and of
7 the Mercedes."

[ARCHIVED CONTENT] Hearing transcripts: 7 April 2008 Verdict of the jury
Old 09-15-2013, 11:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
Of course the conspiracy theories will be forever with us. No matter what the facts are.

Let's start with the underlined claim. As far as I know, the driver of the white fiat uno is still alive. Could you please cite your source that he was murdered and the car has disappeared? (Don't worry, I'm not holding my breath).

I agree with Polly's post except about the White Fiat Uno being driven by a cameraman found dead a year after the crash. The car was driven by a foreigner I believe.

I still have questions and until they are answered I will wonder if the Princess' death was murder.

Tags
althorp, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, dodi fayed, paris, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, westminster abbey