The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is all silly. Let her Rest in Peace. The only thing I have ever questioned, is the French idea of trauma care. I, guess, they have no trauma hospitals or helicopters. Here it is different. I, personally, have seen the results.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I am sure Diana will alert the press when it is time for the Resurection.
That will after all be the photo op to end all photo ops and once again guarantee her front page coverage which she so loved.

Ducking now to avoid stray thunderbolts.
I'm really not sure she'll be looking her best, so best not to alert the press prematurely. She's going to need about a hundred stylists to fix her up a bit.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Majesty

The fact that France's trauma care is as effective as anywhere else in the world escapes most people because Diana died - it actually works.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I'm really not sure she'll be looking her best, so best not to alert the press prematurely. She's going to need about a hundred stylists to fix her up a bit.
Oh but surely there will be a halo and a surrounding warm aura. There was no photographic evidence at the last such event but in the 21st century the press must be there. After all if it is in the press then it must be true but if there is no coverage then there will be doubting Thomases and that just won't do. No doubt Richard Kay would get some sort of pre alert from beyond the grave and have an exclusive interview at the grave site and Lord Spencer will sell the tv and film rights. I expect it will all happen in time for the opening of the new Diana movie. After all when it came to publicity stunts Diana was a master of the game.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Royal Highness

Oh, Holy Tweet!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Oh but surely there will be a halo and a surrounding warm aura...
No doubt we are getting a little silly - but it is the 'silly season' in the UK so fair enough - but that gave me a good laugh - which I needed.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Commoner

Article on "Settimanale Giallo" magazine, Italy

I still have to recover from reading today's article in Giallo magazine.
It initially states that there is evidence that the braking system of the car which last hosted Diana had been tarnished before forensic tests, quoting a British expert called in to collaborate at the most recent inquest.
But more surprisingly, it states that the Queen summoned Prince William 2 weeks prior to the birth of Prince George, to finally "reveal him the truth"... the Queen is quoted as saying "I know who has killed Diana, it was not an accident, it was a Serbian killer related with weapons-trafficking" and it goes on speculating that Lady Diana had put herself at high risk by campaigning against landmines... the article produces no evidence neither sources for the supposed revelation offered by the Queen to Prince William
Did any other magazines mention this?
The link below takes to a summary of Giallo magazine, no link is available for the article
Cairo Editore - Giallo Anno I - N. 22 - 11 Settembre 2013
Old 09-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Courtier

I'm sick and tired of these murder theories. She died in an horrible accident, it was no ones and everyone fault especially after all these years how a tragic accident has been more talked and investigated then some real murder and war crimes.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
ut more surprisingly, it states that the Queen summoned Prince William 2 weeks prior to the birth of Prince George, to finally "reveal him the truth"... the Queen is quoted as saying "I know who has killed Diana, it was not an accident, it was a Serbian killer related with weapons-trafficking" and it goes on speculating that Lady Diana had put herself at high risk by campaigning against landmines... the article produces no evidence neither sources for the supposed revelation offered by the Queen to Prince William
Ok ....
One respectful advice : don't trust anything you read in some cheap, trash magazines like this in general, and about the BRF in particular.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdarlene View Post
I'm sick and tired of these murder theories. She died in an horrible accident, it was no ones and everyone fault especially after all these years how a tragic accident has been more talked and investigated then some real murder and war crimes.
I agree.

One fact the conspiracy theorists ignore is that Diana would very likely have survived if she had been wearing a seat belt. How could her so called assassins know that she would not buckle her seat belt this particular evening when 9 times out of ten she always did?

And what if she had survived??

There were more definite and foolproof ways to have disposed of her than a traffic accident that left so many things to chance, imo.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
...There were more definite and foolproof ways to have disposed of her than a traffic accident that left so many things to chance, imo.
In Diana, Princess of Wales own words "car accident to cause injury or maybe death".
Old 09-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Commoner

I don't believe in conspiracy / murder theories either, was just surprised that they now venture to call in the Queen with "revelations".... normally such speculations in the Italian press come after they have been on the British / American press for a while
Old 09-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I know about Diana's suspicions georgiea, but what would have been the point of an accident staged to simply injure her?

The only result of that would have been a massive backlash against the Monarchy. Far from making Diana seem paranoid and unbalanced, such a thing would have completely validated her in the public mind.

That's the last thing any would be assassins would want. They would want her DEAD period. And there were more professional and more foolproof ways of doing it than staging an accident that she had a good chance of surviving.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:57 PM
Heir Apparent

From the express.
EXCLUSIVE: Soldier's claim SAS hit squad 'did kill Princess Diana' is 'utterly convincing' | Royal | News | Daily Express

Also I wrote this blog entry prior to the latest information from the soldier's wife but it does try to show why the whole conspiracy theory idea just doesn't seem very plausible The Wales Family
Old 09-06-2013, 12:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmprelude View Post
...Diana said that she would be killed so Charles could marry again. What happened? He married Camilla.
I wonder if you actually read what was put forward in evidence at the British inquest by Diana's solicitor who had this particular note, written by Diana. Yes, at one stage Diana did appear to believe that Charles had plans to kill her. And he wasn't going to stop there. She also believed that he planned to kill Camilla as well (Diana thought about warning her) as Camilla merely served as a willing front or tactical diversion for what was really going on. In Diana's mind, the object of Charles's affections and marital desire was none other than...Tiggy Legge Burke.

Sound ridiculous? Indeed, but it's true in that it reflected the state of Diana's turmoil at that point in time, and it's all there in the evidence. Thus the much bandied-about claim that Diana feared Charles was planning to kill her in order to marry again is correct as far as it goes. However, the second, more interesting and revealing part of Diana's scenario, the denouement as it were, falls flat in the reality stakes with such a deep and resounding thud that it doesn't leave much more that needs to be said.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:30 AM
Royal Highness

There will be even more stories and reports about Diana´s death, I am sure that the "Diana"-film team encourages some "witnesses" to come forward with their fabricated stories to create more publicity for their up-coming film.
It is normal to create a bit of a media-stir to raise more interest for the topic and get more people to watch the film...from what I have seen in the trailer and filmstills I do not expect much from the movie,but a little bit of stirring up the old controversies will certainly help!

The Italian article is especially telling-how do they know IF the Queen summoned Prince William &
WHAT exactly she told him...this should ring the bells....never trust those "overheard" words of the royals;-)
. Helen Keller
Old 09-07-2013, 02:32 AM
Heir Apparent

SAS troops: ‘Princess Diana was killed in a murder plot, but we didn't do it’

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/427...e-didn-t-do-it

Quote:
One source said: “This was not said to scare or threaten her. It came out when there was no *marital strife and when they were still friends.

She is said to have given a “compelling account” of what her husband had told her. She does not think the claims are too fantastic: “Not when you’re living with someone who is in the SAS.”
I have no concrete proof of this but his wife's claims seem to be solely based on what he told her in terms of what the SAS do

So first there's claims SAS and MI6 did it together now it wasn't them but they do believe someone killed jeez
ok so he told the truth at trial still judging by what his mother in law wrote in the letter he seems somewhat damaged or disturbed or something. Idk the letter was enough proof for me.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/427531/SAS-troops-Princess-Diana-was-killed-in-a-murder-plot-but-we-didn-t-do-it
A deconstruction...

The headline: SAS troops: 'Princess Diana was killed in a murder plot but we didn't do it'
Note the quotation marks. However, it is not a quote and the assertion is not attributed to anyone. ie, it is made up.

The sub-heading: SAS troops are convinced Princess Diana and Dodi Fayed were murdered
As with the previous "killed in a murder plot", the words "convinced" and "murdered" do not appear anywhere in the article itself.

The article:
Soldiers serving with the elite regiment at the time are certain their deaths in a Paris car crash were not accidental.
How many are "certain" and what is the "certainty" based on? The article contains no further details.

many SAS men feel there are too many unanswered questions.
How many is "many SAS men" and what are these "many unanswered questions?
Sadly, not only are the questions unanswered, they remain unstated.

A source said
"a source". That's it. Not even "a source with close links to..." Just "a source".

There has always been a view
What was previously described as a "certainty" has become the less affirmative "view".

among certain members of the regiment
The headlining "SAS troops" and "many SAS men" are now the somewhat vague "certain members of the regiment".

who believe she was killed.
Is the ambiguity deliberate? We know she was killed, in a car accident [although not pronounced dead until some time later at the hospital].

It is not a view shared by everyone
One way of stating the obvious while phrased as a qualification or concession.

a core of soldiers
Talk about shrinkage! The confident use of the collective "SAS troops" and "many SAS men" has been abandoned and replaced by the more restrained "certain members". However, that may have been an overstatement too because when we get to an actual quote from the source, the terminology is "a core of soldiers", which I guess means...what, nothing less than two or three?

The fact that the article appears in the Express newspaper is no surprise. The Express has very close links to Mohammed Fayed and has been used in the past as his mouthpiece. This article is interesting in the manner in which the headline bears little relation to what follows although the opposite is intended.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
One fact the conspiracy theorists ignore is that Diana would very likely have survived if she had been wearing a seat belt.
Count me in also. I don't believe in conspiracies for the most part, I employ "Occam's Razor" - the simplest explanation is usually correct. It was a car accident. Terrible of course, but an accident.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Tomorrow's paper
Sky News ‏@SkyNews 13m DAILY EXPRESS FRONT PAGE: "SAS quizzed over Diana death" #skypapers pic.twitter.com/WiXqODw16Y

Today's article
'Princess Diana murder' cover-up fears | UK | News | Daily Express

Ministry of Defence investigate SAS over Princess Diana's 'murder' | Latest News | News | Daily Star. Simply The Best 7 Days A Week

Tags
althorp, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, dodi fayed, paris, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, westminster abbey