The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Trevor snapped on his seatbelt just before they entered the tunnel. If he hadn't, he would've been dead.
I have never followed the detail of this but I have read that Trevor states in his book that he was not wearing a seat belt.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I heard that as well, and I thought the official report concluded that he wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

From Wiki, quoting Operation Paget as the source

Early media reports claimed he survived because he was wearing a seatbelt,[1] but a December 2006 Operation Paget technical examination said that none of the occupants of the car was wearing a seatbelt

Old 08-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Picture:
Bodyguard Trevor Rees-Jones moments before impact. No seatbelt!
Bodyguard Trevor Rees-Jones moments before impact. No seatbelt! on Twitpic

One of the last pictures of the three alive.
Since they were "being chased" I would take a punt and think that this photo was taken immediately after they got into the car and not immediately before the crash in the tunnel. That photo was taken from in front of the car which means the photographer was directly in front of the car. It mirrors the evidence that they were surrounded by paparazzi when they exited the building and got into the car. Had the car been moving the snapping paparazzi would have to have been a hood ornament!

This is not new evidence, just an old photograph. One of hundreds taken at that time.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Whether he was wearing a seat belt or not, it doesnt change anything.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Nobility

This is similar to J.F.Kennedy's death/assassination: often enough, the press releases "new" evidence of this and that. Bollocks. No new nothing. In high-school, I read a whole book on the assassination and possible plots surrounding it (the book is in my parents' library and I was curious). There has been no new info since. As I'm pretty sure there will never-ever be new info on Diana's death either. It's all been said and I believe no stone was left unturned. By now, even "conspirationalists" should let her rest in peace, really. She did die in a very mundane, very unfortunate car crash. Period.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it is time to let go, unless you have concrete evidence. They were foolish enough to ride without seatbelts, in a high speed car. The accident was in a place where Diana did not get transferred to a topnotch facility fast. No helicopters, slow moving vehicles. She bled out. Nothing will bring her back.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:52 PM
Majesty

Diana, that SAS murder claim - and why it may not be as mad as you think: Sue Reid, who's studied all the evidence, has found tantalising new clues-
Princess Diana, that SAS murder claim - and why it may not be as mad as you think, says SUE REID | Mail Online

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-31-2013, 12:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Diana, that SAS murder claim - and why it may not be as mad as you think: Sue Reid, who's studied all the evidence, has found tantalising new clues-
Princess Diana, that SAS murder claim - and why it may not be as mad as you think, says SUE REID | Mail Online
First thing I noticed about this article is that she is referred to as Princess Diana.
If this would be a reporting on anything that is straight up and stating the facts, it would not have addressed her this way.

There is the difference between journalism and fiction.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Just did a quick google of Sue Reid. She appears to be a sensationalist writer. I wonder if she has a book coming out?
Old 08-31-2013, 03:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie View Post
This is similar to J.F.Kennedy's death/assassination: often enough, the press releases "new" evidence of this and that. Bollocks. No new nothing. In high-school, I read a whole book on the assassination and possible plots surrounding it (the book is in my parents' library and I was curious). There has been no new info since. As I'm pretty sure there will never-ever be new info on Diana's death either. It's all been said and I believe no stone was left unturned. By now, even "conspirationalists" should let her rest in peace, really. She did die in a very mundane, very unfortunate car crash. Period.
That´s true,the exact reasons behind the death of JFK will always remain a mistery,but IMO it is a difference wheter a person is assasinated with a weapon or if someone dies in a car crash because of dangerous driving. President JFK had significant political influence and power while Diana was a well-known humanitarian and mother.

I believe Diana´s death was a tragic accident,there were several reasons why it happened and the main source of allegiations and conspiracy theories is Mohammed al Fayed. He created the myth that Diana was pregnant,that her son was going to marry her and many other rumours that have been thouroughly discussed.
Who was responsible for Diana´s death-it is up to interpretation depending on your point of view, but we know that when she died she was "protected" by Al Fayed´s security service and obviously they did not do their job as well as the royal security who has protected her life for more than a decade...
. Helen Keller
Old 08-31-2013, 04:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

I have just read the piece to which you refer. I think APPALLED will best describe how I feel.

Ms Reid explains that Diana had been seeing Dodi for 6 weeks and their relationship was "serious". There was a villa in Florida for them to begin their married life. There was a ring asking her to say "Yes" which it seems she had already because not ONLY that. She was PREGNANT. Not MAY have been. Not SUPPOSEDLY but according to the French doctor who was never called to give evidence, she had seen "a small foetus of about 6 to 10 weeks"!!!!!!!!! Proved by a picture of a slight curve in her swimsuit taken 14 days earlier which would have made the SUPPOSED pregnancy 8 weeks MAXIMUM.

I would ask of Ms Reid, what it is she is asking us to believe. Could she be saying that on that first meeting with Dodi, Diana looked into his eyes and tossed her contraceptive pills over the side of the boat deciding to make babies THERE AND THEN and HOW convenient to her story was it that Diana's SUPPOSED pregnancy magically happened immediately because, ludicrous as it may be, this is exactly what would have had to transpire in order for a pregnancy of a MAXIMUM of 6 weeks to have happened. Could she be asking us to believe that an already pregnant Diana was looking for a father for her unborn child? Is her sub agenda asking us to question the "child's" paternity OR on the anniversary of Diana's tragic death, is she seeking to further the rubbishing of her memory?
Old 08-31-2013, 05:10 AM
Royal Highness

Well, that´s the reason why we use a pregnancy test and not the look on a belly or reading from leaves of tea to determine if a woman is pregnant or not! If Diana had a "slight curve" in her swimsuit it only shows that she has had a healthy appetite and felt confident in her own skin:-)
. Helen Keller
Old 08-31-2013, 06:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post

I believe Diana´s death was a tragic accident,there were several reasons why it happened and the main source of allegiations and conspiracy theories is Mohammed al Fayed. He created the myth that Diana was pregnant,that her son was going to marry her and many other rumours that have been thouroughly discussed.
Yes, I absolutely agree. My comparison to the JFK assassination was merely restricted to the frenzy of fabricated story-plots surrounding both Diana's and JFK's deaths.

As for Sue Reid's article and "new evidence", it is yet another story-plot supported by a vivid imagination. There are many suppositions in her article that raise big, insurmountable questions.

My heart goes out to William and Harry for having had to read such stories and wonder "what if" at a very early age. I therefore appreciate even more the support and guidance Charles has given them and his ability to raise them into the well-balanced young men they are today. It must have been painful and tough.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Just seen this clip on facebook of the funeral

Old 08-31-2013, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

The cries of the crowd during the first part of that clip were awful. I'd forgotten about that. Fortunately, the crowd was quietly respectful when the Princes and Earl Spencer started following the hearse. It would have been so hard on W & H to hear those shouts.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

That was my feeling as well, which is why I Googled Sue Reid. There's interesting info out there about her tactics if anyone looks for it. I noticed the strange pregnancy references as well. As Diana herself told one of her friends, her belly was the result of delivering two healthy baby boys. She was much healthier then than she was during the super-thin 80s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaritsa View Post
I have just read the piece to which you refer. I think APPALLED will best describe how I feel.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:15 AM
Royal Highness

I am not reading any of these articles in such newspapers like daily mail etc. because they only cook up old rumours with vivid imagination and sensationalism.
There are also journalists who write serious,intelligent articles discussing Diana,her legacy or the impact she had on the British royal family-they are much more insightful and interesting than these fabricated stories...
. Helen Keller
Old 09-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, agreed. I really despise these conspiracy stories.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Royal Highness

I am sorry to bring this up, but if the British and French courts did their jobs correctly, maybe these issue would have been looked at then and not NOW.

Tags
althorp, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, dodi fayed, paris, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, westminster abbey