The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #641  
Old 08-28-2013, 03:40 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Trevor snapped on his seatbelt just before they entered the tunnel. If he hadn't, he would've been dead.
I have never followed the detail of this but I have read that Trevor states in his book that he was not wearing a seat belt.
__________________

__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #642  
Old 08-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,772
I heard that as well, and I thought the official report concluded that he wasn't wearing a seatbelt.
__________________

__________________
A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd..... D.H. Lawrence
Reply With Quote
  #643  
Old 08-28-2013, 04:46 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,416
From Wiki, quoting Operation Paget as the source

Early media reports claimed he survived because he was wearing a seatbelt,[1] but a December 2006 Operation Paget technical examination said that none of the occupants of the car was wearing a seatbelt
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #644  
Old 08-28-2013, 06:28 PM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Picture:
Bodyguard Trevor Rees-Jones moments before impact. No seatbelt!
Bodyguard Trevor Rees-Jones moments before impact. No seatbelt! on Twitpic

One of the last pictures of the three alive.
Since they were "being chased" I would take a punt and think that this photo was taken immediately after they got into the car and not immediately before the crash in the tunnel. That photo was taken from in front of the car which means the photographer was directly in front of the car. It mirrors the evidence that they were surrounded by paparazzi when they exited the building and got into the car. Had the car been moving the snapping paparazzi would have to have been a hood ornament!

This is not new evidence, just an old photograph. One of hundreds taken at that time.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #645  
Old 08-28-2013, 06:33 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,416
Whether he was wearing a seat belt or not, it doesnt change anything.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #646  
Old 08-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Argie's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chatham, Canada
Posts: 267
This is similar to J.F.Kennedy's death/assassination: often enough, the press releases "new" evidence of this and that. Bollocks. No new nothing. In high-school, I read a whole book on the assassination and possible plots surrounding it (the book is in my parents' library and I was curious). There has been no new info since. As I'm pretty sure there will never-ever be new info on Diana's death either. It's all been said and I believe no stone was left unturned. By now, even "conspirationalists" should let her rest in peace, really. She did die in a very mundane, very unfortunate car crash. Period.
__________________
"I grew up in Europe, where History comes from." - Eddie Izzard.
Reply With Quote
  #647  
Old 08-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 2,494
I think it is time to let go, unless you have concrete evidence. They were foolish enough to ride without seatbelts, in a high speed car. The accident was in a place where Diana did not get transferred to a topnotch facility fast. No helicopters, slow moving vehicles. She bled out. Nothing will bring her back.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #648  
Old 08-30-2013, 11:52 PM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,752
Diana, that SAS murder claim - and why it may not be as mad as you think: Sue Reid, who's studied all the evidence, has found tantalising new clues-
Princess Diana, that SAS murder claim - and why it may not be as mad as you think, says SUE REID | Mail Online
__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
Reply With Quote
  #649  
Old 08-31-2013, 12:46 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Diana, that SAS murder claim - and why it may not be as mad as you think: Sue Reid, who's studied all the evidence, has found tantalising new clues-
Princess Diana, that SAS murder claim - and why it may not be as mad as you think, says SUE REID | Mail Online
First thing I noticed about this article is that she is referred to as Princess Diana.
If this would be a reporting on anything that is straight up and stating the facts, it would not have addressed her this way.

There is the difference between journalism and fiction.
__________________
“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
~~~ John Lennon ~~~
Reply With Quote
  #650  
Old 08-31-2013, 01:03 AM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,189
Just did a quick google of Sue Reid. She appears to be a sensationalist writer. I wonder if she has a book coming out?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #651  
Old 08-31-2013, 03:29 AM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie View Post
This is similar to J.F.Kennedy's death/assassination: often enough, the press releases "new" evidence of this and that. Bollocks. No new nothing. In high-school, I read a whole book on the assassination and possible plots surrounding it (the book is in my parents' library and I was curious). There has been no new info since. As I'm pretty sure there will never-ever be new info on Diana's death either. It's all been said and I believe no stone was left unturned. By now, even "conspirationalists" should let her rest in peace, really. She did die in a very mundane, very unfortunate car crash. Period.
That´s true,the exact reasons behind the death of JFK will always remain a mistery,but IMO it is a difference wheter a person is assasinated with a weapon or if someone dies in a car crash because of dangerous driving. President JFK had significant political influence and power while Diana was a well-known humanitarian and mother.

I believe Diana´s death was a tragic accident,there were several reasons why it happened and the main source of allegiations and conspiracy theories is Mohammed al Fayed. He created the myth that Diana was pregnant,that her son was going to marry her and many other rumours that have been thouroughly discussed.
Who was responsible for Diana´s death-it is up to interpretation depending on your point of view, but we know that when she died she was "protected" by Al Fayed´s security service and obviously they did not do their job as well as the royal security who has protected her life for more than a decade...
__________________
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing
. Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
  #652  
Old 08-31-2013, 04:52 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: colchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Diana, that SAS murder claim - and why it may not be as mad as you think: Sue Reid, who's studied all the evidence, has found tantalising new clues-
Princess Diana, that SAS murder claim - and why it may not be as mad as you think, says SUE REID | Mail Online

I have just read the piece to which you refer. I think APPALLED will best describe how I feel.

Ms Reid explains that Diana had been seeing Dodi for 6 weeks and their relationship was "serious". There was a villa in Florida for them to begin their married life. There was a ring asking her to say "Yes" which it seems she had already because not ONLY that. She was PREGNANT. Not MAY have been. Not SUPPOSEDLY but according to the French doctor who was never called to give evidence, she had seen "a small foetus of about 6 to 10 weeks"!!!!!!!!! Proved by a picture of a slight curve in her swimsuit taken 14 days earlier which would have made the SUPPOSED pregnancy 8 weeks MAXIMUM.

I would ask of Ms Reid, what it is she is asking us to believe. Could she be saying that on that first meeting with Dodi, Diana looked into his eyes and tossed her contraceptive pills over the side of the boat deciding to make babies THERE AND THEN and HOW convenient to her story was it that Diana's SUPPOSED pregnancy magically happened immediately because, ludicrous as it may be, this is exactly what would have had to transpire in order for a pregnancy of a MAXIMUM of 6 weeks to have happened. Could she be asking us to believe that an already pregnant Diana was looking for a father for her unborn child? Is her sub agenda asking us to question the "child's" paternity OR on the anniversary of Diana's tragic death, is she seeking to further the rubbishing of her memory?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #653  
Old 08-31-2013, 05:10 AM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,732
Well, that´s the reason why we use a pregnancy test and not the look on a belly or reading from leaves of tea to determine if a woman is pregnant or not! If Diana had a "slight curve" in her swimsuit it only shows that she has had a healthy appetite and felt confident in her own skin:-)
__________________
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing
. Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
  #654  
Old 08-31-2013, 06:29 AM
Argie's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chatham, Canada
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post

I believe Diana´s death was a tragic accident,there were several reasons why it happened and the main source of allegiations and conspiracy theories is Mohammed al Fayed. He created the myth that Diana was pregnant,that her son was going to marry her and many other rumours that have been thouroughly discussed.
Yes, I absolutely agree. My comparison to the JFK assassination was merely restricted to the frenzy of fabricated story-plots surrounding both Diana's and JFK's deaths.

As for Sue Reid's article and "new evidence", it is yet another story-plot supported by a vivid imagination. There are many suppositions in her article that raise big, insurmountable questions.

My heart goes out to William and Harry for having had to read such stories and wonder "what if" at a very early age. I therefore appreciate even more the support and guidance Charles has given them and his ability to raise them into the well-balanced young men they are today. It must have been painful and tough.
__________________
"I grew up in Europe, where History comes from." - Eddie Izzard.
Reply With Quote
  #655  
Old 08-31-2013, 07:28 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 8,904
Just seen this clip on facebook of the funeral

__________________
Death of HSH Princess Grace of Monaco,September 14, 1982
Reply With Quote
  #656  
Old 08-31-2013, 04:57 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,189
The cries of the crowd during the first part of that clip were awful. I'd forgotten about that. Fortunately, the crowd was quietly respectful when the Princes and Earl Spencer started following the hearse. It would have been so hard on W & H to hear those shouts.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #657  
Old 08-31-2013, 04:59 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,189
That was my feeling as well, which is why I Googled Sue Reid. There's interesting info out there about her tactics if anyone looks for it. I noticed the strange pregnancy references as well. As Diana herself told one of her friends, her belly was the result of delivering two healthy baby boys. She was much healthier then than she was during the super-thin 80s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaritsa View Post
I have just read the piece to which you refer. I think APPALLED will best describe how I feel.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #658  
Old 09-01-2013, 05:15 AM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,732
I am not reading any of these articles in such newspapers like daily mail etc. because they only cook up old rumours with vivid imagination and sensationalism.
There are also journalists who write serious,intelligent articles discussing Diana,her legacy or the impact she had on the British royal family-they are much more insightful and interesting than these fabricated stories...
__________________
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing
. Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
  #659  
Old 09-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,189
Yes, agreed. I really despise these conspiracy stories.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #660  
Old 09-01-2013, 11:23 PM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
I am sorry to bring this up, but if the British and French courts did their jobs correctly, maybe these issue would have been looked at then and not NOW.
__________________

__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
althorp, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, dodi fayed, paris, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, westminster abbey


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Death & Funeral of King Hussein Alexandria Royal House of Jordan 72 04-01-2014 09:41 PM
Death & Funeral of Prince Alexandre Stefan Royal Family of Belgium 136 08-15-2010 08:53 PM
Death and Funeral of HI&RH Archduke Karl Ludwig (1918-2007) Marengo The Imperial House of Habsburg 27 11-10-2009 09:50 AM
Death & Funeral of Countess Sonja Bernadotte; October 21 and 25, 2008 Hanna Regina Royal House of Sweden 15 10-27-2008 11:44 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria duchess of cambridge fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:01 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]