The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

New Diana death information 'assessed' by Scotland Yard-
BBC News - New Diana death information 'assessed' by Scotland Yard

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-17-2013, 02:09 PM
Majesty

I wonder why they released a statement that there was new information before it was assessed? Honestly, my first thought on reading this article was "Here we go again."

Old 08-17-2013, 02:14 PM
Courtier

I have always been a little confuse about Diana Death. I was too young when she died but When I was older I always read and heard that the Driver was drunk and that cause the accident along with the paparazzi's chasing the car. I always thought it was cause by drunk driving (Negligent Driving) and not warring a seatbelt which caused the car to Swerve along with people chasing the car.

I am always confuse when someone says they hope the Truth will come out or be told some who say that it fishy or Suspicious.

So can someone please explain what 'Truth' there is that need to be told or why some think the whole thing is Fishy or Suspicious? I would appreciate it.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Courtier

All this does is open up wounds for William and Harry. Leave it.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
All this does is open up wounds for William and Harry. Leave it.
Yes, my first thought on seeing this was "Oh gosh, I hate seeing this dredged up again - let the poor woman rest in peace."

Of course, if there is some kind of legitimate information that changes what we do know about what happened, I would hope it would come to light, but in due course.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
I have always been a little confuse about Diana Death. I was too young when she died but When I was older I always read and heard that the Driver was drunk and that cause the accident along with the paparazzi's chasing the car. I always thought it was cause by drunk driving (Negligent Driving) and not warring a seatbelt which caused the car to Swerve along with people chasing the car.

I am always confuse when someone says they hope the Truth will come out or be told some who say that it fishy or Suspicious.

So can someone please explain what 'Truth' there is that need to be told or why some think the whole thing is Fishy or Suspicious? I would appreciate it.
There is no "Truth" that needs to be told. Unfortunately, there is one part of the accident that some people seem to think "proves" there was a massive conspiracy to killed Diana. Before the car crashed, it apparently sideswiped a white Fiat Uno and knocked the mirror off.

Now most people would have stopped after another car sideswiped them and then crashed. As luck would have it, the driver of the white Fiat Uno didn't stop. The French police investigated and believe the driver of the Fiat was (IIRC) immigrant living in France illegally.

Additionally, Diana, who suffered from mental illness, sometimes claimed that Charles and/or Philip were planning to kill her in a car accident--she also claimed Charles was planning to kill Camilla. This has been investigated thoroughly in both England and France. There is absolutely no evidence of any plot to kill Diana.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
TBH, the first thing I thought of is that someone's doing this "information" thing to ramp up Diana's image in the general public's minds before the movie "Diana" comes out.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
TBH, the first thing I thought of is that someone's doing this "information" thing to ramp up Diana's image in the general public's minds before the movie "Diana" comes out.
I hadn't thought of that, but it's a possibility. It's also close to the anniversary, so that could be it too.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Majesty

I think that police are pretty well obliged to investigate when someone says they have information. They haven't decided yet whether the information is credible. For all we know, the information might have come from the Al Fayed conspiracy machine or a "psychic." We'll probably know more if the source is found to be credible and the information could have a bearing on the findings of the investigation. However, if the information is part of a publicity stunt having to do with the upcoming film release, there'll likely be charges pressed for mischief.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Heir Apparent

From Peter Hunt BBC

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 10m
It's understood the allegation re: Diana was made by the former parents-in-law of
a former soldier based on info he talked about in the past

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

In their 2007 interview, William & Harry stated that they don't think they will ever know the truth about what really happened that night and they still wonder about it and have questions.

I know the boys probably don't want this stuff to come up again but I do think they privately want answers and I think they deserve to know what really happened that night in Paris. I hope any new info could be of some help.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
From Peter Hunt BBC

It's understood the allegation re: Diana was made by the former parents-in-law of
Former soldier of what I wonder. Also, why wait so long to come forward with this information? Seems to me that unless there is some hard evidence to back up what the claims are, its a lot of hearsay.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Majesty

It would be fair to assume that the information in question is likely to be found irrelevant. If otherwise, it would be an entertaining reading and be funny to see the TRF loyalists having meltdowns on the issue.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
In their 2007 interview, William & Harry stated that they don't think they will ever know the truth about what really happened that night and they still wonder about it and have questions.

I know the boys probably don't want this stuff to come up again but I do think they privately want answers and I think they deserve to know what really happened that night in Paris. I hope any new info could be of some help.
The questions William and Harry may have are probably along the lines of: Why didn't anyone notice the driver was drunk, why Diana and Dodi didn't just pose for pictures before they took off, and whether Diana could have been saved if she had been taken to the hospital immediately. In other words, the same types of questions that any family member has after a loved one is killed in an accident.

Additional investigations will never answer those questions. I agree that the police have to investigate new leads, however faulty>
Old 08-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think the information should be properly looked into and, if it's useless and nonsense, then it should be made known and thrown out. If it's good and reliable info, then they should get to the bottom of things and investigate further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
The questions William and Harry may have are probably along the lines of: Why didn't anyone notice the driver was drunk, why Diana and Dodi didn't just pose for pictures before they took off, and whether Diana could have been saved if she had been taken to the hospital immediately. In other words, the same types of questions that any family member has after a loved one is killed in an accident.

Additional investigations will never answer those questions. I agree that the police have to investigate new leads, however faulty>
They may have tons of questions but I hope any new leads could be of good help to them, if possible.

Deep down I've always felt that there was a cover up of some kind.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Majesty

That sounds like hearsay evidence to me. Former parents-in-law of a former soldier? My mind automatically goes to the ex-in-laws of Trevor Rees-Jones. He had been a soldier before he went to work for Fayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
From Peter Hunt BBC

Old 08-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Courtier

I wish they would not made this information public unless they know it's reliable.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Majesty

Agreed. That's why it seems strange to me that they released it. Well, no one can accuse them of "cover-up" anyway.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

Deep down I've always felt that there was a cover up of some kind.
If someone powerful wanted to kill Diana, there would have been many ways to do it without raising suspicion. If I thought someone wanted to kill me in a car accident, I would make sure to wear my seatbelt.

If Diana had, she'd be alive today.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
If someone powerful wanted to kill Diana, there would have been many ways to do it without raising suspicion. If I thought someone wanted to kill me in a car accident, I would make sure to wear my seatbelt.

If Diana had, she'd be alive today.
I agree, Diana should've worn her seatbelt. She always had a habit of wearing one and used to make sure William & Harry had theirs on when she and Charles took them out and about. Diana also used to wear her seatbelt when she was taken to official engagements as well. On that night in Paris, she didn't have it on for some reason.

That whole night was very fishy to me.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS

Tags
althorp, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, dodi fayed, paris, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana, westminster abbey