Lady Sarah McCorquodale (née Spencer) and Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, I can't think of 7 cousins. Are you including the Windsor side?

Sorry, I can't think of 7 cousins. Are you including the Windsor side?

Whose seven cousins?

William's, I think Denim is referring to this post:

Yes, which is not too surprising. He's had 7 first-cousins marry and he's only attended 3 weddings. The Queen was really the same way with her cousins, she'd skipped several of their weddings and their funerals.

However I believe he has only attended 2 out of 7, not three.

7 Cousins;
Peter Philips (Didn't Attend)
Zara Philips (Did Attend)
Emily McCorquodale (Did Attend)
George McCorquodale (Didn't Attend)
Celia McCorquodale (Didn't Attend)
Laura Fellowes (Didn't Attend)
Alexander Fellowes (Didn't attend)

Harry I believe has been to all but 1.

Has a British newspaper ever asked Lady Sarah about being interviewed about her sister Princess Diana?

A new grandchild for Lady Sarah McCorquodale!

Celia Rose Woodhouse [nee McCorquodale, born 1989], wife of George Woodhouse, gave birth to a son, Walter George Spencer, 27 November, 2020.

Celia Woodhouse is a first cousin of the Duke of Cambridge and Duke of Sussex. Harry and Meghan attended Celia's wedding to George Woodhouse, at Stoke Rochford, Lincolnshire, on 16 June, 2018, just a few weeks after their own wedding in Windsor. Celia wore the Spencer tiara famously worn by her aunt, Lady Diana Spencer, at her marriage to the Prince of Wales, 29 July, 1981.

Celia is scion of the McCorquodale landed gentry family, the younger daughter of Mr Neil McCorquodale by his wife the former Lady [Elizabeth] Sarah Lavinia Spencer [b 1955], eldest daughter of the late 8th Earl Spencer [1924-92].

George John Woodhouse [born 1991] is the younger son of Mr Philip J. Woodhouse and the late Mrs Sarah J. [Pudding] Woodhouse [nee George].

Charles Woodhouse, George's elder brother, is married to a daughter of Baroness Shackleton, the noted divorce lawyer.

Source: https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/202...ouse-born.html

William's, I think Denim is referring to this post:

However I believe he has only attended 2 out of 7, not three.

7 Cousins;
Peter Philips (Didn't Attend)
Zara Philips (Did Attend)
Emily McCorquodale (Did Attend)
George McCorquodale (Didn't Attend)
Celia McCorquodale (Didn't Attend)
Laura Fellowes (Didn't Attend)
Alexander Fellowes (Didn't attend)

Harry I believe has been to all but 1.

No, my post at the time was correct. He had attended three. He and Catherine did attend Laura Fellowes' 2009 wedding. Not surprising as she was later chosen as a godparent.

I have always wondered, and maybe some helpful Brits around here can make me understand, why Diana's sisters didn't walk behind her coffin (is that the right word?). Why was it only the male relatives? Her sisters might have made it easier for the boys, too.

Is there some taboo on women participating in such events? I was shocked then and whenever I see the images again, I can't believe her sisters were not walking with their brother and nephews.

Walking behind the coffin isn't really a thing. It's unusual for a funeral to take place within walking distance of home, unless it's at a village church, so the close family will normally just get into a funeral car. But, if people do walk behind the coffin, there's no reason women can't - I'm not sure why Diana's sisters didn't.

Walking behind the coffin isn't really a thing. It's unusual for a funeral to take place within walking distance of home, unless it's at a village church, so the close family will normally just get into a funeral car. But, if people do walk behind the coffin, there's no reason women can't - I'm not sure why Diana's sisters didn't.

Tradition. traditionally at royal funerals the male members walk, not female ones. So Charles Spencer and the boys.. but as they were very young, Philip and Prince Ch also walked ot support them

In Northern Ireland, and most of Ireland especially in rural areas, it's still very common (in non-Covid times at least!) for mourners to walk behind the coffin - normally a short funeral service is held in the family home, the coffin will be carried with mourners walking behind for a certain distance (if the family own a farm, the coffin will be carried along the road to the end of the family farm), and then the coffin will be placed in the hearse and driven to the local church for often another service, and burial in the churchyard. A lovely dignified tradition, but sadly becoming less and less common.

Celia McCorquiodale wore the Spencer Tiara at her wedding.

Back
Top Bottom