Lady Sarah McCorquodale (née Spencer) and Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow thanks gfg02 some of these photos I've never seen before.

PHOTOS - DIANA WITH HER SISTER LADY SARAH McCORQUODALE
Thanks for those photos. Most of which I have never seen before.
In the first one, the sisters look so much alike.

How nice it was for Diana to have her sister as lady in waiting.
Her sister must miss her terribly.

What we would not all give if Diana could have just settled down
she would be here today.

Sarah was a really pretty girl especially with that beautiful red hair. But I must say that she was far to attractive for Prince Charles.

PHOTOS - DIANA WITH HER SISTER LADY SARAH McCORQUODALE

Thanks so much for posting these lovely photos. The sisters look like dead ringers for each other in the first one, even down to the same haircut but for the color. Sarah was indeed a beautiful young woman. I like the one at the airport where they're kissing each other. How Diana's family must miss her each day of their lives.

Indeed. It wasn't just the death of a famous Princess. But that of a beloved mother, daughter, sister, and friend. I can't imagine losing a sibling at such a young age. I'm sure Diana's siblings treasure the memories they have of her.

Sarah was a really pretty girl especially with that beautiful red hair. But I must say that she was far to attractive for Prince Charles.

Oh, that wasn't anything much, really.

I heard he was trying to cheer her, because she'd been dumped by Gerald Grosvenor (Current Duke of Westminster) and was taking it badly.
Neither was in love with the other, it was more of a friendship thing.

I don't like Kitty's Spencer's jacket, or the one worn by the current Countess Spencer.

Rare Picture:
Sarah Spencer and her boyfriend at the time, HRH The Prince of Wales-
Royal Emerald

I remember the picture above, and it demonstrates how Sarah did suffer from an eating disorder also, anorexia.
I didn't realize however, how much shorter she was than Diana.

But why does this photo demonstrate that she was anorexic?

My mother has always had such a type of body.

Of course, maybe I don't know her background,

In Diana, Sarah Bradford wrote:

Prince Charles enjoyed Sarah's sparkiness and irreverent wit and they made each other laugh.

In H.R.H. In The Man Who Will Be King,
Tin Heald wrote:

Lady Sarah Spencer told Woman's Own:
"I'm not in love with Prince Charles. And I wouldn't marry anyone I didn't love whether he were the dustman or the King of England."

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't say with absolute certainty, but it's my understanding that she was recovering when she started spending time with the Prince of Wales and so wasn't at her thinnest.

But why does this photo demonstrate that she was anorexic?

My mother has always had such a type of body.

I don't see anything in that picture that would suggest anorexia. She may indeed have faced that issue but in that picture it is not evident. I think people tend to fling around the term much too freely, JMO.

I don't see anything in that picture that would suggest anorexia. She may indeed have faced that issue but in that picture it is not evident. I think people tend to fling around the term much too freely, JMO.
Lady Sarah has spoken publicly about her struggle with anorexia. IIRC she stated that for a while she lived on little more than vodka and cigarettes.

Last edited:
McCorquodale/Moore engagement:
The engagement was announced 19 December, 2014, between George McCorquodale (born 1984), scion of that landed family, son of Mr Neil Edmund McCorquodale, of Stoke Rochford, Lincolnshire, by his wife the former Lady (Elizabeth) Sarah Lavinia Spencer (born 1955), scion of the Earls Spencer (Peerage of GB, cr 1765), & Miss Bianca Moore, daughter of Mr & Mrs Gavin Moore, of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.

George McCorquodale is a first cousin of TRH The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry of Wales, &c, and is a grandson of the late 8th Earl Spencer.

Peerage News: McCorquodale/Moore engagement

Rosemary McCorquodale [1924-2015]

_. Rosemary McCorquodale, who died 21 September, 2015, aged 91, was the widow of the late Alastair McCorquodale [1925-2009], scion of that landed family, and was the mother~in~law of Lady Sarah Spencer, sister of Diana, Princess of Wales, &c.

She was born Rosemary Turnor [9 Sept, 1924], scion of that landed family, daughter of Maj Herbert Broke Turnor [d 1969], by his wife the former Lady Enid Rachel Victoria Fane [1894-1969], daughter of the 13th Earl of Westmorland, and married Alastair McCorquodale, 26 Jul, 1947, by whom she had issue, (i) Sarah McCorquodale (1948-2008) sometime wife of Geoffrey van Cutsem, of that landed family; (ii) Neil Edmund McCorquodale,
b 1951, who married 17 May 1980, the Lady Sarah Spencer (b 1955), dau of the 8th Earl Spencer, MVO.

Thanksgiving service at St Guthiac's Church, Little Ponton, Grantham, 23 Oct, 2015.
Peerage News: Rosemary McCorquodale [1924-2015]

McCorquodale/Moore engagement:
The engagement was announced 19 December, 2014, between George McCorquodale (born 1984), scion of that landed family, son of Mr Neil Edmund McCorquodale, of Stoke Rochford, Lincolnshire, by his wife the former Lady (Elizabeth) Sarah Lavinia Spencer (born 1955), scion of the Earls Spencer (Peerage of GB, cr 1765), & Miss Bianca Moore, daughter of Mr & Mrs Gavin Moore, of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.

George McCorquodale is a first cousin of TRH The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry of Wales, &c, and is a grandson of the late 8th Earl Spencer.

Peerage News: McCorquodale/Moore engagement

Has this wedding taken place yet?? Harry and George were close as children and seem to have remained fairly since. Would imagine you would see Harry attending but maybe the wedding managed to remain under the radar without press and paps. Guessing it could have taken place in South Africa without anyone being aware of it

Has this wedding taken place yet?? Harry and George were close as children and seem to have remained fairly since. Would imagine you would see Harry attending but maybe the wedding managed to remain under the radar without press and paps. Guessing it could have taken place in South Africa without anyone being aware of it

I have no clue if the wedding has taken place. I haven't heard anything about it. A surprise to me. Perhaps someone on here knows more about it.

I just googled "McCorquodale Moore wedding" and came up with this, which looks legitimate:

https://www.theknot.com/us/bianca-moore-and-george-mccorquodale-aug-2016

�� I was just about to post that website. August 2016 will be their time to jump the broom in South Africa.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom