The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-24-2015, 06:19 AM
Serene Highness

Rosemary McCorquodale [1924-2015]

_. Rosemary McCorquodale, who died 21 September, 2015, aged 91, was the widow of the late Alastair McCorquodale [1925-2009], scion of that landed family, and was the mother~in~law of Lady Sarah Spencer, sister of Diana, Princess of Wales, &c.

She was born Rosemary Turnor [9 Sept, 1924], scion of that landed family, daughter of Maj Herbert Broke Turnor [d 1969], by his wife the former Lady Enid Rachel Victoria Fane [1894-1969], daughter of the 13th Earl of Westmorland, and married Alastair McCorquodale, 26 Jul, 1947, by whom she had issue, (i) Sarah McCorquodale (1948-2008) sometime wife of Geoffrey van Cutsem, of that landed family; (ii) Neil Edmund McCorquodale,
b 1951, who married 17 May 1980, the Lady Sarah Spencer (b 1955), dau of the 8th Earl Spencer, MVO.

Thanksgiving service at St Guthiac's Church, Little Ponton, Grantham, 23 Oct, 2015.
Peerage News: Rosemary McCorquodale [1924-2015]

Old 02-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
McCorquodale/Moore engagement:
The engagement was announced 19 December, 2014, between George McCorquodale (born 1984), scion of that landed family, son of Mr Neil Edmund McCorquodale, of Stoke Rochford, Lincolnshire, by his wife the former Lady (Elizabeth) Sarah Lavinia Spencer (born 1955), scion of the Earls Spencer (Peerage of GB, cr 1765), & Miss Bianca Moore, daughter of Mr & Mrs Gavin Moore, of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.

George McCorquodale is a first cousin of TRH The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry of Wales, &c, and is a grandson of the late 8th Earl Spencer.

Peerage News: McCorquodale/Moore engagement
Has this wedding taken place yet?? Harry and George were close as children and seem to have remained fairly since. Would imagine you would see Harry attending but maybe the wedding managed to remain under the radar without press and paps. Guessing it could have taken place in South Africa without anyone being aware of it

Old 02-12-2016, 12:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Has this wedding taken place yet?? Harry and George were close as children and seem to have remained fairly since. Would imagine you would see Harry attending but maybe the wedding managed to remain under the radar without press and paps. Guessing it could have taken place in South Africa without anyone being aware of it
I have no clue if the wedding has taken place. I haven't heard anything about it. A surprise to me. Perhaps someone on here knows more about it.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-12-2016, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
I just googled "McCorquodale Moore wedding" and came up with this, which looks legitimate:

https://www.theknot.com/us/bianca-mo...odale-aug-2016
Old 02-12-2016, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

�� I was just about to post that website. August 2016 will be their time to jump the broom in South Africa.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-12-2016, 01:33 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
I just googled "McCorquodale Moore wedding" and came up with this, which looks legitimate:

https://www.theknot.com/us/bianca-mo...odale-aug-2016
Thanks for that

Interesting no personal guest pictures or mobile phones allowed. And no kids at wedding.

If anyone attends it will be Harry more likely than William - and even then its a push if he goes.

Old 02-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Majesty

George's looks have really changed, perhaps because of weight gain. He and Harry used to look so much more alike.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I hadn't realised that George was also based in South Africa until i read their wedding website.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:13 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Lady Sarah does not seem in the photo from the article to be aging gracefully. Isn't she just 55? It doesn't look like she has her mother's genes ?
Also, I hope Lady Sarah likes to ride the hunt with the band on live foxes.
She had some health issues around her upbringing, she had Anorexia, drank heavily as a teenager, and smokes, plus time outdoors a lot can add up, not to mention family drama.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Numerous people assume Lady Sarah Spencer was born with the title of Her Ladyship. However this is not true. Sarah did not become Lady Sarah until 1975 when her father became the 8th Earl Spencer.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:45 AM
Gentry

That's true, before that all the Spencer girls/young women were called "The Honorable" before their names, i believe.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:52 AM
Courtier

The Spencer family have not had an easy time.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Numerous people assume Lady Sarah Spencer was born with the title of Her Ladyship. However this is not true. Sarah did not become Lady Sarah until 1975 when her father became the 8th Earl Spencer.
If I don't mistake, Her Ladyship is a form of address (and not a title) used to address to Baronesses, Countesses and Marchionesses. So Her Ladyship isn't and has never been the proper form of address to Lady Sarah.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

It would appear Harry is spending the remainder of the summer doing conservation work in south africa - perfect timing for his cousin George's wedding in a weeks time.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

When Lady Sarah Spencer was dating Prince Charles, she learned that a mere weekend at Windsor Castle demanded a suitcase full of clothes. A typical day might require a riding habit for Her Ladyship for the morning, a day-dress for lunch, a skirt for tea, and a long dress for dinner.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:32 PM
Serene Highness

Yes? of course a lot of house parties involve a lot of clothes changing esp for women. I harldy think that Sarah S had to wait till she was dating Charles to find that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
If I don't mistake, Her Ladyship is a form of address (and not a title) used to address to Baronesses, Countesses and Marchionesses. So Her Ladyship isn't and has never been the proper form of address to Lady Sarah.
No its perfectly correct but it would be more usual to call her "LAdy Sarah".
Old 07-30-2016, 09:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: High jinks for Prince Harry with Princess Diana's naughty nephew* | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-30-2016, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

DM takes every opportunity to make Harry to look like some rogue party playboy. If Will went, he would be traveling to support his beloved cousin, and so on with much more about Diana. Harry is in Africa 'pursuing his interests aka a hobby not work, and is hoping for more than cake, planning on taking advantage of the no picture rule to go wild and party
Old 07-30-2016, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Lady Sarah McCorquodale (née Spencer) and Family

That DM article is basically a lift from the couple's wedding website including the naughty boy from England which how George described himself. It isn't some hatchet job on Harry.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-30-2016, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
That DM article is basically a lift from the couple's wedding website including the naughty boy from England which how George described himself. It isn't some hatchet job on Harry.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
No. I highly doubt George's site was about Harry being a wild bachelor. I would venture to guess it is about him and his fiancé

Yes, the ONE LINE was about George. The rest of it was Harry

Quote:
Harry, who will remain in South Africa for a few weeks to work on conservation projects dear to his heart, may however be hoping for slightly more than just a decent slice of wedding cake.
It goes on to explain the no photos rule will allow Harry to 'enjoy more than cake' Without cameras.

The whole naughty line was thrown in to compare wild Harry to his now settling down cousin.

For an article you claim is from the wedding site, speaks very little of the couple

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's family, lady sarah mccorquodale, lady sarah spencer, princess diana