Lady Sarah McCorquodale (née Spencer) and Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lady Sarah Spencer (*19 March 1955) and Neil Edmund McCorquodale, married on 17 MAY 1980, Great Brington, Northamptonshire. Neil was born in 1951 and served in the Household Cavalry.

Emily Jane McCorquodale*2 JULY 1983**In 2003, she was diagnosed with a rare cancer, plasmacytoma, near her spine. She underwent successful radiotherapy in Nottingham. She was educated at Queen Margaret’s School and Leeds University. She lives in London.

George Edmund McCorquodale*1984**He attended Harrow School. (Smgaries, I wonder if you meant that he went to Harrow "like his forefathers McCorquodale" rather than Spencer because the Spencer males traditionally went to Eton, not Harrow.)

Celia Rose McCorquodale*1990**She attends Queen Margaret's School like her sister. Every source except the Althorp website says that Celia was born in 1989. The Spencer family tree (in PDF file on the Althorp site) says she was born in 1990.

SOURCES
*Wikipedia the Free Encyclopedia: Lady Sarah McCorquodale
*Ibid: Neil_McCorquodale
*The Peerage: Neil Edmund McCorquodale
*The Worldroots website
*Facebook
*The Times, 6 May 2004 (for Emily's cancer)
*Smgaries :flowers:
*Althorp website: Spencer Family Tree

Last edited:
the SPENCER forefathers either went to HARROW or ETON. If im not mistaken it was written in EARL SPENCERs book THE SPENCER....anywayz...here is some links for proof
John Spencer, 5th Earl Spencer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
John Spencer, 3rd Earl Spencer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Sir" George John SPENCER "2nd Earl Spencer"
Charles Spencer, 6th Earl Spencer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Albert Spencer, 7th Earl Spencer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the SPENCER-CHURCHILL also either goes to HARROW or ETON

i just did a search under MCCORQUODALE and HARROW == it does seem that the forefathers of MCCORQUODALES did go to HARROW and NIEL MCCORQUODALE was educated there

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always found it amusing that Sarah married Neil McCorquodale, a relative of her stepmother, Acid Raine, nee McCorquodale.

I have always found it amusing that Sarah married Neil McCorquodale, a relative of her stepmother, Acid Raine, nee McCorquodale.

I have tried to figure out exactly how they are related. Do you happen to know it? Many sources say Neil is Raine's nephew, but I think that is wrong. At the most, they must be distant cousins, no? In some searches through the genealogy pages (i.e. Peerage, Worldroots) I wasn't able to find the connection.

I heard that Raine and Neil were cousins, of some sort.

And, of course, Barbara Cartland had to marry two McCorquodales, who also happened to be cousins. (What a confused family tree.)

The McCorquodales

Here we go.... I had another look at the genealogies, determined this time to figure the thing out. :)

Barbara Cartland married firstly Alexander George McCorquodale (son of Alexander Cowan McCorquodale) and had daughter Raine.

Barbara Cartland married secondly Hugh McCorquodale and had sons Ian and Glen.
*Hugh is the son of Harold McCorquodale, brother of Alexander Cowan McCorquodale. Therefore, Hugh and Alexander, Babs Cartland's two husbands, were first cousins.

Neil McCorquodale is the son of Alastair McCorquodale and Rosemary Sybil Turnor. Neil has one sibling, a sister, Sarah a/k/a Sally van Cutsem since her marriage to Geoffrey van Cutsem in 1969. Through Rosemary, Neil and Sally are great-grandchildren of the 13th Earl of Westmorland.

Neil's father, Kenneth McCorquodale was brother of Hugh McCorquodale being the eldest born (Hugh the third born) of Harold. So Neil is nephew of Babs Cartland's second husband, and Neil would be second cousin of Alexander Cowan McCorquodale. This makes Neil and Raine related twice.
One the one hand, they are third cousins. But Neil is first cousin of Raine's half-brothers. :D

The links will direct you to the Peerage website which guided me through this web of confusion.
*Geoffrey van Cutsem, I now learn, is brother of Hugh van Cutsem, who married Emilie and then sired the famous van Cutsem brothers.

Last edited:
Here we go...I had another look at the genealogies
If I get you right, the infamous van Cutsem-brothers are first cousins of the children of Lady Sarah and these are first cousins of William and Harry... Or you could say that Lady Sarah is both the aunt of William and Harry and the van Cutsem-boys....

Rosemary and Geoffrey van Cutsem whose camp where they in Diana's or Charles'. If my memory is correct it was Prince Charles'. Did Diana have any sister free to love her and not aline with the BRF in any way? I don't think so.

Lady Sarah acted as Diana's lady-in-waiting on numerous occasions. I don't think she would do that if she aligned with the BRF against her sister.

Did Diana have any sister free to love her and not aline with the BRF in any way? I don't think so.

Well, I think she was quite beautiful, when young, but did not age very well:ermm:

I don't think Celia Mccorquodale looks like Diana, I think she looks like Lady Jane Fellowes, Sarah's other sister!

Celia looks very Spencer, and more like Diana's siblings than Diana. She looks like a young Diana though too, but not so much like Diana when she was older.

Well, I think she was quite beautiful, when young, but did not age very well:ermm:

I agree and I have to wonder if it's the effect of too much sun on that complexion. (I need to be more conscious of that myself. :eek:)

Unfortunately she does have the weathered look of many fair skinned people who are out walking the labradors in all kinds of weather without sunscreen.

Sarah and Diana did look quite a bit like each other when young, I even think they had practically the same hairstyle.

Lady Sarah McCorquodale joined by hundreds at funeral of teenage soldier killed by rogue Afghan policeman | Mail Online

Hundreds of mourners packed into a church today to pay their respects to the youngest of five soldiers killed by a rogue Afghan policeman.
The streets outside St Peter's Church in Cleethorpes were also lined with crowds as the funeral of Guardsman Jimmy Major took place.
A piper played a lament as the Union flag-draped coffin was brought into the church.
The service was also attended by Princess Diana's sister, Lady Sarah McCorquodale, 54, wearing traditional dress for her role as High Sheriff of Lincolnshire.

Sarah was as lovely as Diana in her younger days,
its easy to see just why the young Prince Charles was
attracted to her.
The loss of Diana must have been a terrible blow to
her and now her mother Frances has gone too.
but heres a picture of happier times....
all 3 sisters and Frances together on holiday
go here
http://www.bestfreeforums.com/forums/lady-sarah-spencer-vt132-celebheaven.html

Prince william arrives accompanied by his aunt, Lady Sarah McCorquodale, The High Sheriff of Lincolnshire (C), as they arrive at RAF Coningsby January 11, 2010 in Lincolnshire. During his visit to RAF Coningsby, the Prince got the opportunity to sit in the cockpit of a Typhoon FGR4. The Prince was also shown around the Gym Tots playgroup where he met the wives and girlfriends of serving personnel.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aq74XJ2CFf0b/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03M3bxu6Qa0XD/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/010Udhn2bQ6mX/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09i9afR3VJ3kB/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eHO0lv1Ona4Q/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09I60tS8bl8w2/610x.jpg

:previous:
Beautiful pictures of Sarah in that outfit. :)

Is Sarah's outfit meant to be a costume as she is the High Sheriff of Lincolnshire?

Yes, I suppose that it's a traditional uniform.:flowers:

Lady Sarah does not seem in the photo from the article to be aging gracefully. Isn't she just 55? It doesn't look like she has her mother's genes ?:);):)
Also, I hope Lady Sarah likes to ride the hunt with the band on live foxes.

Yeah she isn't aging well. Sarah was gorgeus back in the 70s and 80s.

Thanks for the info. on Lady Sarah and her children.

She looks like all the outdoorsy types, like Camilla. They looked like parchment.

Back
Top Bottom